Date   

Re: Moving in Notepad

 

hi Quentin.
thanks so much again for your help.
could you please guide me how to increase accessibility in notepad plus plus?
i have some issues with it, for example when i write something,
replace it with something and press replace all nvda does not say the
result!
God bless you.

On 9/7/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
You can tell Word Pad to open when a .TXT file is entered on instead of
Notepad opening it. Go to default programs in the Control panel. You can
associate a .TXT file to open in Word pad. That is what I do, and I never
have to use Note Pad.
David Moore


From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad

You don't say what kinds of files you are working with in Word and Wordpad.
Notepad is a text editor. it only creates text files. Wordpad and Word are
word processors. they can indicate formatting in other ways than in
Notepad.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 12:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad

Hi Nasrin,

I didn't mention in my earlier message, but I did try in Notepad++ and
control+up arrow and control+down arrow don't move between paragraphs in
that program either, although they do at least move up and down by one
line.

They do work in Word and also in WordPad.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:16 PM, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
wrote:

hi.
how this feature work on notepad plus plus?
God bless you.

On 9/7/16, John Sanfilippo <john.sanfilippo@verizon.net> wrote:
> If you want to try another editor, I know for sure that Jamal Mazrui's
> EdSharp Moves by paragraph when you press control up or down arrow.
> (Free program, empowermentzone.com, look for edsetup.exe.)
>
>
>
> I'd like to be able to move by sentence too, but that seems available
> only if you're using NVDA with Word.
>
>
> John S
>
>
> On 9/6/16 22:49, Gene wrote:
>> JAWS uses scripts for this purpose. The script looks for a blank line
>> and moves you beyond it. If you are using a screen-reader that is not
>> scripted to do this, it moves you to the next line by looking for one
>> return. That is my recollection anyway. In your case, you say you
>> stay on the current line so perhaps my recollection is wrong. but
>> whatever the case, NVDA doesn't behave like JAWS in notepad.
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> *From:* kelby carlson <mailto:kelbycarlson@gmail.com>
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:52 PM
>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad
>>
>> I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.
>>
>> On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@gmail.com
>> <mailto:andrefisher729@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
>> > readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.
>> >
>> > On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@gmail.com
>> <mailto:kelbycarlson@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> >> All,
>> >>
>> >> I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press
ctrl-down
>> >> arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org








--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/


Ph +61 7 3149 3306
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: Facebook on Chrome with NVDA

 

I agree. The main reason I'm looking towards Chrome is because I think it's faster and less laggy on a laptop. Though if I do get a new laptop that is more powerful than my Surface 3, then it may not actually matter...


NVDA 2016.3

 

To all listers
I installed NVDA 2016.3 yesterday, and it does not speaks when I navigate within Windows explorer on my laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
Cuong
---------------
Dang Manh Cuong
The Assistive technology specialist
Sao Mai Vocational and assistive center for the blind
391 Lac Long Quan, ward 5, Dst 11, HCMC, Vietnam
Tel: +84862573309
E-mail: vanphong@...; congnghe@...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaoMaiCenter
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org
 
Mobile / Zalo: +84 902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@...; cuong@...
Yahoo! ID: manhcuong0312
Skype name: dangmanhcuong
facebook: http://facebook.com/dangmanhcuong
Twitter: @ManhCuongTech


Re: Moving in Notepad

David Moore
 

Hi,
You can tell Word Pad to open when a .TXT file is entered on instead of Notepad opening it. Go to default programs in the Control panel. You can associate a .TXT file to open in Word pad. That is what I do, and I never have to use Note Pad.
David Moore
 
 

From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad
 
You don't say what kinds of files you are working with in Word and Wordpad.  Notepad is a text editor.  it only creates text files.  Wordpad and Word are word processors.  they can indicate formatting in other ways than in Notepad. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 12:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad
 
Hi Nasrin,
 
I didn't mention in my earlier message, but I did try in Notepad++ and control+up arrow and control+down arrow don't move between paragraphs in that program either, although they do at least move up and down by one line.
 
They do work in Word and also in WordPad.
 
Regards
 
Quentin.
 
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:16 PM, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
how this feature work on notepad plus plus?
God bless you.

On 9/7/16, John Sanfilippo <john.sanfilippo@...> wrote:
> If you want to try another editor, I know for sure that Jamal Mazrui's
> EdSharp Moves by paragraph when you press control up or down arrow.
> (Free program, empowermentzone.com, look for edsetup.exe.)
>
>
>
> I'd like to be able to move by sentence too, but that seems available
> only if you're using NVDA with Word.
>
>
> John S
>
>
> On 9/6/16 22:49, Gene wrote:
>> JAWS uses scripts for this purpose.  The script looks for a blank line
>> and moves you beyond it.  If you are using a screen-reader that is not
>> scripted to do this, it moves you to the next line by looking for one
>> return.  That is my recollection anyway.  In your case, you say you
>> stay on the current line so perhaps my recollection is wrong.  but
>> whatever the case, NVDA doesn't behave like JAWS in notepad.
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> *From:* kelby carlson <mailto:kelbycarlson@...>
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:52 PM
>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad
>>
>> I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.
>>
>> On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...
>> <mailto:andrefisher729@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
>> > readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.
>> >
>> > On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...
>> <mailto:kelbycarlson@...>> wrote:
>> >> All,
>> >>
>> >> I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press ctrl-down
>> >> arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org





 
--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess


Re: Moving in Notepad

Gene
 

You don't say what kinds of files you are working with in Word and Wordpad.  Notepad is a text editor.  it only creates text files.  Wordpad and Word are word processors.  they can indicate formatting in other ways than in Notepad. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 12:33 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad

Hi Nasrin,

I didn't mention in my earlier message, but I did try in Notepad++ and control+up arrow and control+down arrow don't move between paragraphs in that program either, although they do at least move up and down by one line.

They do work in Word and also in WordPad.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:16 PM, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
how this feature work on notepad plus plus?
God bless you.

On 9/7/16, John Sanfilippo <john.sanfilippo@...> wrote:
> If you want to try another editor, I know for sure that Jamal Mazrui's
> EdSharp Moves by paragraph when you press control up or down arrow.
> (Free program, empowermentzone.com, look for edsetup.exe.)
>
>
>
> I'd like to be able to move by sentence too, but that seems available
> only if you're using NVDA with Word.
>
>
> John S
>
>
> On 9/6/16 22:49, Gene wrote:
>> JAWS uses scripts for this purpose.  The script looks for a blank line
>> and moves you beyond it.  If you are using a screen-reader that is not
>> scripted to do this, it moves you to the next line by looking for one
>> return.  That is my recollection anyway.  In your case, you say you
>> stay on the current line so perhaps my recollection is wrong.  but
>> whatever the case, NVDA doesn't behave like JAWS in notepad.
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> *From:* kelby carlson <mailto:kelbycarlson@...>
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:52 PM
>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad
>>
>> I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.
>>
>> On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...
>> <mailto:andrefisher729@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
>> > readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.
>> >
>> > On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...
>> <mailto:kelbycarlson@...>> wrote:
>> >> All,
>> >>
>> >> I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press ctrl-down
>> >> arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org






--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: Facebook on Chrome with NVDA

Felix G.
 

Recent versions of Firefox have become more laggy, speech-redundant and unpredictable for me with NVDA as well. Still, it has the best coverage in terms of accessibility, which is to say, things may work in a sluggish way but they do work. The only real pain that I am having with Firefox is I know of no way to receive feedback once a site has finished assembling itself in terms of scripts loading other scripts loading other content and so on. So I often start reading before the ajax storm abates, and the dynamics keep throwing off my cursor or lead to painful lags.
Greetings,
Felix

Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@...> schrieb am Mi., 7. Sep. 2016 um 01:15 Uhr:

Did you try using Firefox on sites with Flash, like Youtube? From my experience with Jaws Firefox lags a lot if I click to play Flash content, but I'm not sure if this is also the case with NVDA. Feedback on this matter would be appreciated. Also has anyone experienced lags when using Firefox with Outlook.com along with NVDA?


Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

derek riemer
 

Hi:

Your husband might want to check out an add-on joseph wrote called SPL Studio, which is for Station Playlist.


On 9/6/2016 4:30 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:

I downloaded this yesterday and associated draft not being spoken in outlook 2016 is much welcomed.  It drove me crazy.  I just want to say that from a JFW user’s perspective, you guys are almost there in converting me to a full NVDA user.  I’m finding now that especially for tabular information, NVDA works much better for me and I think my husband may be tempted to use it himself.  He just has the little issue of Station Playlist Studio and Station Playlist Streamer which will be the things that hold him back I suspect.

 

You guys rock!!!!!! As for testers, I’d be very pleased to help with any testing necessary.  I’m probably not as geeky as some testers on this list but as someone who is an extremely advanced computer user and uses their computer for working from home and for leisure purposes it’s in my best interests to ensure that screenreader accessibility is not just limited to those that can afford the expensive stuff.  I’m also very very excited to see what happens in November.  Cheap braille?  Mouthwatering!  Something I’ve longed for for a long time and given I can’t get any support from Access To Work because my turnover isn’t what they consider to be worthy, it looks like I’m saving for a braille display.

 

Kerry

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: 06 September 2016 07:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

Dear citizens of the NVDA land:

 

Yes, it is official: one of the ministers of NVDA land, a certain Mr. Teh, has just ordered the horsemen to announce a good news throughout the land:

 

NVDA 2016.3 is officially out:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-nvda-2016-3-release/

 

So what’s new, changed and fixed:

 

From RC2: no changes.

 

Highlights:

 

·         You can now disable individual add-ons.

·         NVDA is more cofmpatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607). Among the things included are return of browse mode in Edge, announcing newer UAC prompts, ability to navigate PDF documents in Edge and more.

·         NVDA+F9/NVDA+F10 command behavior change is now official.

·         Color announcement has been simplified.

·         NVDA no longer announces “associated draft” in Outlook 2016.

·         NVDA can now announce line spacing in Microsoft Word.

·         Various enhancements.

 

A sneak preview at 2016.4: three game-changing features will be served as part of Thanksgiving Party this November:

 

·         Ever wanted to hear line indentation via beeps? You can do that starting in November.

·         Want to experience the next chapter in assistive technology history? Or would you like to be one of the first ones to experience a combination of a free screen reader and a low-cost braille display? Stay tuned, as this combination will change your life in November.

·         Needed an assistant in persuading web or app developers about accessibility needs of screen reader users? The wait is almost over: let NVDA volunteer for you from November onwards.

 

The rest: let’s just say the ministers at NVDA land are holding council every day, looking over this land and thinking about the needs of citizens and planning the next great adventure for the people of this land.

 

Personally, I’m excited to see what NVDA can do in opening opportunities for many people, particularly for those who’re using Windows 10. On behalf of people who’ve contributed to NVDA 2016.3 development, I wish you best in your endeavor as you use NVDA 2016.3 in various places (work, school, for fun and in unexpected places). Also, NVDA 2016.3 release announcement will be my final NVDA release announcement (on this list), as I believe the community is ready to welcome new reporters.

 

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date: 09/06/16


--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194


Re: Moving in Notepad

Felix G.
 

Hi,
this should be fairly easy to script for NVDA as well. Yesterday I thought about what would be a good first app module to write, as a little spare time programming exercise. Seems the universe responded. Mind you that's not to say I'm going to get around to it any time soon. The promise is informal at best and probably best considered nonexistent.
Greetings,
Felix

Heaven Botma <heaven@...> schrieb am Mi., 7. Sep. 2016 um 07:45 Uhr:

Hello Everyone

 

I experience the same problem in Notepad, so I usually read .txt documents in Word.


As a result of the not being able to read by paragraph problem, it is impossible to select by paragraph as well.


I have not tried this with JAWS since the upgrade to Windows 10, but as far as I can remember, JAWS read paragraphs in Notepad on my Windows 7 Laptop.  Note that this was with JAWS 14 before August last year.  However, selecting in Notepad has almost always been a pain.

 

Reading by Character, by line and by word still works though.


Kind regards

 

 

 

kaleidoscope logo

Heaven Botma

Dosent: Kaleidoskoop Opleidingskollege

Lecturer: Kaleidoscope Training College

 

T: 023 348 7634

C: 063 692 2573

F: 023 348 7633

E: heaven@...

W: www.kaleidoscopesa.org

Adderleystraat 20 Adderley Street

Posbus 233 P.O. Box, Worcester, 6849

 

facebook2 twitter instagram

 

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, 07 September 2016 1:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad

 

Are you definitely in Notepad when this works with Jaws Kelby - I don't have Jaws to try but I just tried control+up arrow and control+down arrow in Notepad on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 with and without NVDA running and it didn't move.  Therefore I would assume, if it doesn't work in those conditions but does work when Jaws is running, perhaps Jaws is implementing it in Notepad?

 

Regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:52 AM, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:

I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.

On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
> That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
> readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.
>
> On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press ctrl-down
>> arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>




 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: NVDA 2016.3 and Speech hub

Isaac Porat
 

Hi


First do not listen to anybody recommending you to install Java 7, it is not safe, it has various security holes!

So assuming you have only Java 8 on your system, if you have Java 7 remove it.


SpeechHub and SpeakOn are designed to work with Java 8 for over two years.


The problem you are having (only occurs on some machines for some reason) is that the upgrade from Java 7 to Java 8 did not work properly, it is a Java problem not a SpeechHub one, no Java would work on your system until it is fixed but the solution is simple; you don't have to uninstall anything, do the following:


There is a Java 8 installation problem after installing java 8 (jdk & jre) on a system already running (or used to run) Java 7.
Without going into technicalities, the Java 8 installer leaves (it should not) three files which needs to be removed manually for Java to work these are:
java.exe, javaw.exe & javaws.exe in the Windows system folder.
So, the solution is to check if these files are present in your windows system folder and if so, simply to delete the 3 Java exes, as above.
If you are running 32-bit Java on a 64-bit Windows, the exes would be in Windows\SysWOW64, otherwise in Windows\System32.

Good luck

Regards
Isaac

On 06/09/2016 19:00, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
this is what i get when trying to install the speech hub program that installs fine but when i try and install the add on this is what i get.

Java Virtual Machine Launcher
Error: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'\CurrentVersion'has value '1.8', but '1.7' is required.
OK



Please advise.

On 9/6/2016 9:39 AM, Isaac Porat wrote:
Hi


As I said I maintain SpeechHub, No new features since July 2015 but I make sure everything works as I use it myself.


I have tried SpeechHub with the NVDA latest version 2016.3 and it works fine.


Assuming you installed SpeechHub and have installed the NVDA add-on supplied with the installer (instructions on the website) it should work.

It works well with Java 8 (Java 7 is insecure if you have it, you should remove it anyway).
A problem encountered by some people is with their firewall. SpeechHub is an internal server and you need to make sure that Java is allowed to communicate.

If anybody has a problem, you are welcome to contact me at:

speechhub@speakon.org.uk


The website is at:
www.speechhub.org

Regards
Isaac



On 06/09/2016 07:57, Dang Manh Cuong wrote:
To all listers
Using NVDA 2016.3RC2, and the speech hub add-on didn't work. Try reinstall, and NvDA faild to install that add-on.
Just a quick report.
Cuong
---------------
Dang Manh Cuong
The Assistive technology specialist
Sao Mai Vocational and assistive center for the blind
391 Lac Long Quan, ward 5, Dst 11, HCMC, Vietnam
Tel: +84862573309
E-mail: vanphong@trungtamsaomai.org; congnghe@trungtamsaomai.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaoMaiCenter
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org
Mobile / Zalo: +84 902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@gmail.com; cuong@trungtamsaomai.org
Yahoo! ID: manhcuong0312
Skype name: dangmanhcuong
facebook: http://facebook.com/dangmanhcuong
Twitter: @ManhCuongTech







TABLE OF CONTENTS IN WORD 2010

Heaven Botma <heaven@...>
 

Dear Group

 

Since I upgraded to NVDA 2016.3, NVDA doesn't read the automatic table of contents in MS Word 2010 unless I use review mode.  Note that NVDA used to read this up to 2016..2.1.  I am not sure whether this is an NVDA bug or Word acting up, since Office has been asking for activation and has been acting strange lately.

 

NVDA reads the heading "Contents" or "Table Of Contents", however it does not read the actual table.  It speaks some gibberish about a code or something.

 

This is just a minor bug, which does not cause major problems, however, I like to read through the table of contents in my university assignments to make sure that all the necessary headings appear.  Therefore, if possible, please tell me if there is a setting I need to change or check if this is a general bug.

 

Kind regards

 

 

 

Heaven Botma

Dosent: Kaleidoskoop Opleidingskollege

Lecturer: Kaleidoscope Training College

 

T: 023 348 7634

C: 063 692 2573

F: 023 348 7633

E: heaven@...

W: www.kaleidoscopesa.org

Adderleystraat 20 Adderley Street

Posbus 233 P.O. Box, Worcester, 6849

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: Moving in Notepad

Heaven Botma <heaven@...>
 

Hello Everyone

 

I experience the same problem in Notepad, so I usually read .txt documents in Word.


As a result of the not being able to read by paragraph problem, it is impossible to select by paragraph as well.


I have not tried this with JAWS since the upgrade to Windows 10, but as far as I can remember, JAWS read paragraphs in Notepad on my Windows 7 Laptop.  Note that this was with JAWS 14 before August last year.  However, selecting in Notepad has almost always been a pain.

 

Reading by Character, by line and by word still works though.


Kind regards

 

 

 

Heaven Botma

Dosent: Kaleidoskoop Opleidingskollege

Lecturer: Kaleidoscope Training College

 

T: 023 348 7634

C: 063 692 2573

F: 023 348 7633

E: heaven@...

W: www.kaleidoscopesa.org

Adderleystraat 20 Adderley Street

Posbus 233 P.O. Box, Worcester, 6849

 

 

 

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, 07 September 2016 1:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad

 

Are you definitely in Notepad when this works with Jaws Kelby - I don't have Jaws to try but I just tried control+up arrow and control+down arrow in Notepad on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 with and without NVDA running and it didn't move.  Therefore I would assume, if it doesn't work in those conditions but does work when Jaws is running, perhaps Jaws is implementing it in Notepad?

 

Regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:52 AM, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:

I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.

On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
> That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
> readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.
>
> On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press ctrl-down
>> arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>




 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Nasrin,

If you download the new version, you can try it without replacing your old version, if you prefer.

Download as normal from: http://www.nvaccess.org/download/

Run the downloaded file and when setup loads, it will exit your existing copy of NVDA and use its own.  To keep using that to try, after checking the "I agree" checkbox, you can either create a portable copy (which lets you adjust settings and save them) or press the "continue running" button to keep running this version but close the dialog box.  If you exit NVDA and press control+alt+n, your original installed version will start.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:24 PM, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi again.
could you please mention your personal experience in using the newer version?
specially which one is better in your view point?
espeak or espeak Ng?
God bless you all.


On 9/7/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
> RC will update to stable actually.
> Cheers
>
> On 9/6/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
>> That was funny!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 9/6/2016 3:54 PM, Arlene wrote:
>>>
>>> Loll! Play that funky music right boy! Loll. sorry couldn’t resist!
>>>
>>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
>>> *Lino Morales
>>> *Sent:* September-06-16 11:17 AM
>>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop
>>> Access 2016.3
>>>
>>> Well there add-ons for SPL now with NVDA. Joseph wrote that add-on. So
>>> he can play that funky music right LOL!
>>>
>>> On 9/6/2016 6:30 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:
>>>
>>>     I downloaded this yesterday and associated draft not being spoken
>>>     in outlook 2016 is much welcomed.  It drove me crazy.  I just want
>>>     to say that from a JFW user’s perspective, you guys are almost
>>>     there in converting me to a full NVDA user.  I’m finding now that
>>>     especially for tabular information, NVDA works much better for me
>>>     and I think my husband may be tempted to use it himself.  He just
>>>     has the little issue of Station Playlist Studio and Station
>>>     Playlist Streamer which will be the things that hold him back I
>>>     suspect.
>>>
>>>     You guys rock!!!!!! As for testers, I’d be very pleased to help
>>>     with any testing necessary.  I’m probably not as geeky as some
>>>     testers on this list but as someone who is an extremely advanced
>>>     computer user and uses their computer for working from home and
>>>     for leisure purposes it’s in my best interests to ensure that
>>>     screenreader accessibility is not just limited to those that can
>>>     afford the expensive stuff.  I’m also very very excited to see
>>>     what happens in November.  Cheap braille?  Mouthwatering!
>>>     Something I’ve longed for for a long time and given I can’t get
>>>     any support from Access To Work because my turnover isn’t what
>>>     they consider to be worthy, it looks like I’m saving for a braille
>>>     display.
>>>
>>>     Kerry
>>>
>>>     *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>>>     [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Joseph Lee
>>>     *Sent:* 06 September 2016 07:15
>>>     *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>>>     *Subject:* [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop
>>>     Access 2016.3
>>>
>>>     Dear citizens of the NVDA land:
>>>
>>>     Yes, it is official: one of the ministers of NVDA land, a certain
>>>     Mr. Teh, has just ordered the horsemen to announce a good news
>>>     throughout the land:
>>>
>>>     NVDA 2016.3 is officially out:
>>>
>>>     http://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-nvda-2016-3-release/
>>>
>>>     So what’s new, changed and fixed:
>>>
>>>     From RC2: no changes.
>>>
>>>     Highlights:
>>>
>>>     ·You can now disable individual add-ons.
>>>
>>>     ·NVDA is more cofmpatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update
>>>     (version 1607). Among the things included are return of browse
>>>     mode in Edge, announcing newer UAC prompts, ability to navigate
>>>     PDF documents in Edge and more.
>>>
>>>     ·NVDA+F9/NVDA+F10 command behavior change is now official.
>>>
>>>     ·Color announcement has been simplified.
>>>
>>>     ·NVDA no longer announces “associated draft” in Outlook 2016.
>>>
>>>     ·NVDA can now announce line spacing in Microsoft Word.
>>>
>>>     ·Various enhancements.
>>>
>>>     A sneak preview at 2016.4: three game-changing features will be
>>>     served as part of Thanksgiving Party this November:
>>>
>>>     ·Ever wanted to hear line indentation via beeps? You can do that
>>>     starting in November.
>>>
>>>     ·Want to experience the next chapter in assistive technology
>>>     history? Or would you like to be one of the first ones to
>>>     experience a combination of a free screen reader and a low-cost
>>>     braille display? Stay tuned, as this combination will change your
>>>     life in November.
>>>
>>>     ·Needed an assistant in persuading web or app developers about
>>>     accessibility needs of screen reader users? The wait is almost
>>>     over: let NVDA volunteer for you from November onwards.
>>>
>>>     The rest: let’s just say the ministers at NVDA land are holding
>>>     council every day, looking over this land and thinking about the
>>>     needs of citizens and planning the next great adventure for the
>>>     people of this land.
>>>
>>>     Personally, I’m excited to see what NVDA can do in opening
>>>     opportunities for many people, particularly for those who’re using
>>>     Windows 10. On behalf of people who’ve contributed to NVDA 2016.3
>>>     development, I wish you best in your endeavor as you use NVDA
>>>     2016.3 in various places (work, school, for fun and in unexpected
>>>     places). Also, NVDA 2016.3 release announcement will be my final
>>>     NVDA release announcement (on this list), as I believe the
>>>     community is ready to welcome new reporters.
>>>
>>>     Thanks.
>>>
>>>     Cheers,
>>>
>>>     Joseph
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>     No virus found in this message.
>>>     Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
>>>     Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date:
>>>     09/06/16
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org






--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: Moving in Notepad

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Nasrin,

I didn't mention in my earlier message, but I did try in Notepad++ and control+up arrow and control+down arrow don't move between paragraphs in that program either, although they do at least move up and down by one line.

They do work in Word and also in WordPad.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:16 PM, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
how this feature work on notepad plus plus?
God bless you.

On 9/7/16, John Sanfilippo <john.sanfilippo@...> wrote:
> If you want to try another editor, I know for sure that Jamal Mazrui's
> EdSharp Moves by paragraph when you press control up or down arrow.
> (Free program, empowermentzone.com, look for edsetup.exe.)
>
>
>
> I'd like to be able to move by sentence too, but that seems available
> only if you're using NVDA with Word.
>
>
> John S
>
>
> On 9/6/16 22:49, Gene wrote:
>> JAWS uses scripts for this purpose.  The script looks for a blank line
>> and moves you beyond it.  If you are using a screen-reader that is not
>> scripted to do this, it moves you to the next line by looking for one
>> return.  That is my recollection anyway.  In your case, you say you
>> stay on the current line so perhaps my recollection is wrong.  but
>> whatever the case, NVDA doesn't behave like JAWS in notepad.
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> *From:* kelby carlson <mailto:kelbycarlson@...>
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:52 PM
>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad
>>
>> I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.
>>
>> On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...
>> <mailto:andrefisher729@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
>> > readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.
>> >
>> > On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...
>> <mailto:kelbycarlson@...>> wrote:
>> >> All,
>> >>
>> >> I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press ctrl-down
>> >> arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org






--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

hi again.
could you please mention your personal experience in using the newer version?
specially which one is better in your view point?
espeak or espeak Ng?
God bless you all.

On 9/7/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@gmail.com> wrote:
RC will update to stable actually.
Cheers

On 9/6/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
That was funny!




On 9/6/2016 3:54 PM, Arlene wrote:

Loll! Play that funky music right boy! Loll. sorry couldn’t resist!

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*Lino Morales
*Sent:* September-06-16 11:17 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop
Access 2016.3

Well there add-ons for SPL now with NVDA. Joseph wrote that add-on. So
he can play that funky music right LOL!

On 9/6/2016 6:30 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:

I downloaded this yesterday and associated draft not being spoken
in outlook 2016 is much welcomed. It drove me crazy. I just want
to say that from a JFW user’s perspective, you guys are almost
there in converting me to a full NVDA user. I’m finding now that
especially for tabular information, NVDA works much better for me
and I think my husband may be tempted to use it himself. He just
has the little issue of Station Playlist Studio and Station
Playlist Streamer which will be the things that hold him back I
suspect.

You guys rock!!!!!! As for testers, I’d be very pleased to help
with any testing necessary. I’m probably not as geeky as some
testers on this list but as someone who is an extremely advanced
computer user and uses their computer for working from home and
for leisure purposes it’s in my best interests to ensure that
screenreader accessibility is not just limited to those that can
afford the expensive stuff. I’m also very very excited to see
what happens in November. Cheap braille? Mouthwatering!
Something I’ve longed for for a long time and given I can’t get
any support from Access To Work because my turnover isn’t what
they consider to be worthy, it looks like I’m saving for a braille
display.

Kerry

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Joseph Lee
*Sent:* 06 September 2016 07:15
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop
Access 2016.3

Dear citizens of the NVDA land:

Yes, it is official: one of the ministers of NVDA land, a certain
Mr. Teh, has just ordered the horsemen to announce a good news
throughout the land:

NVDA 2016.3 is officially out:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-nvda-2016-3-release/

So what’s new, changed and fixed:

From RC2: no changes.

Highlights:

·You can now disable individual add-ons.

·NVDA is more cofmpatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update
(version 1607). Among the things included are return of browse
mode in Edge, announcing newer UAC prompts, ability to navigate
PDF documents in Edge and more.

·NVDA+F9/NVDA+F10 command behavior change is now official.

·Color announcement has been simplified.

·NVDA no longer announces “associated draft” in Outlook 2016.

·NVDA can now announce line spacing in Microsoft Word.

·Various enhancements.

A sneak preview at 2016.4: three game-changing features will be
served as part of Thanksgiving Party this November:

·Ever wanted to hear line indentation via beeps? You can do that
starting in November.

·Want to experience the next chapter in assistive technology
history? Or would you like to be one of the first ones to
experience a combination of a free screen reader and a low-cost
braille display? Stay tuned, as this combination will change your
life in November.

·Needed an assistant in persuading web or app developers about
accessibility needs of screen reader users? The wait is almost
over: let NVDA volunteer for you from November onwards.

The rest: let’s just say the ministers at NVDA land are holding
council every day, looking over this land and thinking about the
needs of citizens and planning the next great adventure for the
people of this land.

Personally, I’m excited to see what NVDA can do in opening
opportunities for many people, particularly for those who’re using
Windows 10. On behalf of people who’ve contributed to NVDA 2016.3
development, I wish you best in your endeavor as you use NVDA
2016.3 in various places (work, school, for fun and in unexpected
places). Also, NVDA 2016.3 release announcement will be my final
NVDA release announcement (on this list), as I believe the
community is ready to welcome new reporters.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph


------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date:
09/06/16



--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: Moving in Notepad

 

hi.
how this feature work on notepad plus plus?
God bless you.

On 9/7/16, John Sanfilippo <john.sanfilippo@verizon.net> wrote:
If you want to try another editor, I know for sure that Jamal Mazrui's
EdSharp Moves by paragraph when you press control up or down arrow.
(Free program, empowermentzone.com, look for edsetup.exe.)



I'd like to be able to move by sentence too, but that seems available
only if you're using NVDA with Word.


John S


On 9/6/16 22:49, Gene wrote:
JAWS uses scripts for this purpose. The script looks for a blank line
and moves you beyond it. If you are using a screen-reader that is not
scripted to do this, it moves you to the next line by looking for one
return. That is my recollection anyway. In your case, you say you
stay on the current line so perhaps my recollection is wrong. but
whatever the case, NVDA doesn't behave like JAWS in notepad.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*From:* kelby carlson <mailto:kelbycarlson@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:52 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad

I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.

On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@gmail.com
<mailto:andrefisher729@gmail.com>> wrote:
That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.

On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@gmail.com
<mailto:kelbycarlson@gmail.com>> wrote:
All,

I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press ctrl-down
arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.







--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: text to mp3 with an nvda voice addon?

 

hi.
download balabolka, install sapi5 version of espeak and use it for free.
but it records as wave format and you should convert it in to .mp3.
its very fast, free and multi languages!
you can open all kind of formats with it without any problem,
for example: even if you dont install adobe reader and microsoft
office, you can open pdf and word document with it.
http://www.cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.zip

On 9/7/16, Albert Ruel <albertruel@gmail.com> wrote:
Try TextAloud.

Thx, Albert

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2016, at 3:46 PM, multi 85 <multi851@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
I know there are programs that convert text to mp3, but they find and
choose the voice independently, so you must have the Sappi voice. Is
there instead some sort of way that I could use a program or a method
that could use the voices I have which are nvda addons and somehow use
my nvda reading settings to convert a text that I am reading into mp3
to use on an Ipod? Basically, these programs then sort of force you to
purchase a voice you like twice if you want to convert, once for NVDA,
and then another time for the converting program and your sappi stuff,
so I'm hoping there's a better solution?






--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: text to mp3 with an nvda voice addon?

Albert Ruel
 

Try TextAloud.

Thx, Albert

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2016, at 3:46 PM, multi 85 <multi851@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
I know there are programs that convert text to mp3, but they find and
choose the voice independently, so you must have the Sappi voice. Is
there instead some sort of way that I could use a program or a method
that could use the voices I have which are nvda addons and somehow use
my nvda reading settings to convert a text that I am reading into mp3
to use on an Ipod? Basically, these programs then sort of force you to
purchase a voice you like twice if you want to convert, once for NVDA,
and then another time for the converting program and your sappi stuff,
so I'm hoping there's a better solution?


Re: Moving in Notepad

John Sanfilippo <john.sanfilippo@...>
 

If you want to try another editor, I know for sure that Jamal Mazrui's EdSharp Moves by paragraph when you press control up or down arrow.  (Free program, empowermentzone.com, look for edsetup.exe.)



I'd like to be able to move by sentence too, but that seems available only if you're using NVDA with Word.


John S


On 9/6/16 22:49, Gene wrote:
JAWS uses scripts for this purpose.  The script looks for a blank line and moves you beyond it.  If you are using a screen-reader that is not scripted to do this, it moves you to the next line by looking for one return.  That is my recollection anyway.  In your case, you say you stay on the current line so perhaps my recollection is wrong.  but whatever the case, NVDA doesn't behave like JAWS in notepad.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad

I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.

On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
> That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
> readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.
>
> On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press ctrl-down
>> arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>




Re: Moving in Notepad

Gene
 

JAWS uses scripts for this purpose.  The script looks for a blank line and moves you beyond it.  If you are using a screen-reader that is not scripted to do this, it moves you to the next line by looking for one return.  That is my recollection anyway.  In your case, you say you stay on the current line so perhaps my recollection is wrong.  but whatever the case, NVDA doesn't behave like JAWS in notepad.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving in Notepad

I can do it with JAWS just fine and have always been able to.

On 9/6/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
> That functionality is not available in Notepad with any screen
> readers. It is meant to be used as a basic text editor.
>
> On 9/6/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I can't seem to move by paragraph in Notepad. When I press ctrl-down
>> arrow I just get the same line that I'm currently on.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>



Re: text to mp3 with an nvda voice addon?

Roger Stewart
 

Maybe some program that lets you record what you hear and save it as mp3. I know Goldwave will do this but it isn't free but is very low priced for its power but I'm sure there are other programs that will do this and some should be free.

Roger

On 9/6/2016 5:46 PM, multi 85 wrote:
Hi
I know there are programs that convert text to mp3, but they find and
choose the voice independently, so you must have the Sappi voice. Is
there instead some sort of way that I could use a program or a method
that could use the voices I have which are nvda addons and somehow use
my nvda reading settings to convert a text that I am reading into mp3
to use on an Ipod? Basically, these programs then sort of force you to
purchase a voice you like twice if you want to convert, once for NVDA,
and then another time for the converting program and your sappi stuff,
so I'm hoping there's a better solution?