Date   

Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Andre Fisher
 

Hello Joseph.
If the fix will not be available in a stable version for now, could
you try to add it to the next version? Also, what will be in the next
snapshot?

Hello Christo
Which version of Windows are you using? I get no errors here, all be
it with a stable NVDA version. The weather app works great!

Hello Gene.
It also happens in say all. It won't help if you create a dictionary
entry or configuration profile. A dictionary entry is not app specific
at the moment, and it might cause confusion.

On 9/6/16, Christo de Klerk <christodeklerk@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Joseph

I don't know if you saw, but a few days ago I wrote that the latest
version of the add-on does not work properly in the Win 10 Weather app.
When I disable the app, the Weather app works quite well. If I activate
it and then go into the Weather app, whenever I move around, I get that
dong sound you get with the NVDA snapshots. I am using the latest NVDA
snapshot.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/09/06 4:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi Andre,
1. NVDA says "edit": Mick Curran from NV Access says this is a recent
thing and have written a fix for it. Unfortunately, the fix is part of a
branch that isn't ready for wider testing, and porting it to the add-on
isn't trivial.
2. Readme structure problem: I've noticed it myself. I'll commit a fix for
it (16.09.1A) in about half an hour as I'm also releasing a new add-on
snapshot today.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andre
Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:45 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hello Joseph.
Quick observations on my end.
1. The message content of the Mail app still reports "edit" after every
press of down/up arrow.
2. The add-on help file seems to be broken. That is, there is no proper
structure like headings and links.

On 9/6/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I just installed it and it works great in the areas Joseph mentioned.
David Moore


From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:06 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hi all,



I'm delighted to announce the release of Windows 10 App Essentials
16.09.1, a minor bug fix release for WinTenApps 16.09.x. The new
release can be found
at:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/16.09.1



Changelog:



* Appearance of suggestions for search fields is now brailled (mostly
for apps such as Settings).

* NVDA no longer announces "read-only" for Calendar's appointment name
field and Mail's message content.

* In Maps, fixed an issue where one could not use TAB key to move
between controls.



Cheers,

Joseph










Microsoft Mark synthesizer voice

Dan Beaver
 

Hi,


I may be wrong but I thought there was some discussion about the Mark voice and it being available with NVDA. I am running NVDA 2016.3 and the Windows anniversary update with all updates since then and Mark is still not showing up in the list of voices for me. It does show David and Zira though.


I checked and Mark is available in Narrator. I'd sure like to use it since it is much easier on my ears with my hearing loss.


Any idea why I can't use Mark?


Dan Beaver


Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Christo de Klerk
 

Hi Joseph

I don't know if you saw, but a few days ago I wrote that the latest version of the add-on does not work properly in the Win 10 Weather app. When I disable the app, the Weather app works quite well. If I activate it and then go into the Weather app, whenever I move around, I get that dong sound you get with the NVDA snapshots. I am using the latest NVDA snapshot.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2016/09/06 4:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi Andre,
1. NVDA says "edit": Mick Curran from NV Access says this is a recent thing and have written a fix for it. Unfortunately, the fix is part of a branch that isn't ready for wider testing, and porting it to the add-on isn't trivial.
2. Readme structure problem: I've noticed it myself. I'll commit a fix for it (16.09.1A) in about half an hour as I'm also releasing a new add-on snapshot today.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andre Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:45 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hello Joseph.
Quick observations on my end.
1. The message content of the Mail app still reports "edit" after every press of down/up arrow.
2. The add-on help file seems to be broken. That is, there is no proper structure like headings and links.

On 9/6/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I just installed it and it works great in the areas Joseph mentioned.
David Moore


From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:06 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hi all,



I'm delighted to announce the release of Windows 10 App Essentials
16.09.1, a minor bug fix release for WinTenApps 16.09.x. The new
release can be found
at:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/16.09.1



Changelog:



* Appearance of suggestions for search fields is now brailled (mostly
for apps such as Settings).

* NVDA no longer announces "read-only" for Calendar's appointment name
field and Mail's message content.

* In Maps, fixed an issue where one could not use TAB key to move
between controls.



Cheers,

Joseph






Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Gene
 

Here are some more thoughts:
Also, temporarily, using the speech dictionary to stop the word or phrase from being spoken may help.  But again, this may be too extreme a work around unless you can limit it to one program.  I don't know if you can limit changes in the speech dictionary to just one program.  I haven't used the speech dictionary in newer versions of NVDA so I don't know if that ability is now available. 
 
But also, the first question is whether this problem can be easily worked around in another way.  Does it occur when you use the read to end command or just when you up or down arrow through a message? 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

There may be a way to stop edit or read only edit from being spoken as a work around until the problem is fixed.  there may be a setting you can turn off that stops announcements that describe the kind of field you are in.  But that may be more extreme than you want unless you can limit the change to this one program.  Perhaps a profile can limit it to just that program. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hello Joseph.
Quick observations on my end.
1. The message content of the Mail app still reports "edit" after
every press of down/up arrow.
2. The add-on help file seems to be broken. That is, there is no
proper structure like headings and links.

On 9/6/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just installed it and it works great in the areas Joseph mentioned.
> David Moore
>
>
> From: Joseph Lee
> Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:06 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released
>
> Hi all,
>
>
>
> I'm delighted to announce the release of Windows 10 App Essentials 16.09.1,
> a minor bug fix release for WinTenApps 16.09.x. The new release can be found
> at:
>
> https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/16.09.1
>
>
>
> Changelog:
>
>
>
> * Appearance of suggestions for search fields is now brailled (mostly for
> apps such as Settings).
>
> * NVDA no longer announces "read-only" for Calendar's appointment name field
> and Mail's message content.
>
> * In Maps, fixed an issue where one could not use TAB key to move between
> controls.
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph
>
>
>
>



Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

 

Hi,

Actually, the issue cannot be solved with a configuration profile: it’s the way Mail exposes information to NVDA, and Mick wrote a fix for it (for those tracking the source code, it’s part of EdgeRS1 branch).
Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

 

There may be a way to stop edit or read only edit from being spoken as a work around until the problem is fixed.  there may be a setting you can turn off that stops announcements that describe the kind of field you are in.  But that may be more extreme than you want unless you can limit the change to this one program.  Perhaps a profile can limit it to just that program. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 9:44 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

 

Hello Joseph.
Quick observations on my end.
1. The message content of the Mail app still reports "edit" after
every press of down/up arrow.
2. The add-on help file seems to be broken. That is, there is no
proper structure like headings and links.

On 9/6/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just installed it and it works great in the areas Joseph mentioned.
> David Moore
>
>
> From: Joseph Lee
> Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:06 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released
>
> Hi all,
>
>
>
> I'm delighted to announce the release of Windows 10 App Essentials 16.09.1,
> a minor bug fix release for WinTenApps 16.09.x. The new release can be found
> at:
>
> https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/16.09.1
>
>
>
> Changelog:
>
>
>
> * Appearance of suggestions for search fields is now brailled (mostly for
> apps such as Settings).
>
> * NVDA no longer announces "read-only" for Calendar's appointment name field
> and Mail's message content.
>
> * In Maps, fixed an issue where one could not use TAB key to move between
> controls.
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph
>
>
>
>


Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

Hi Kerry,

Regarding SPL, could you ask your husband to write to me (current maintainer of SPL add-on for NVDA) privately? Thanks.

Cheers,

joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kerry Fielding
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

I downloaded this yesterday and associated draft not being spoken in outlook 2016 is much welcomed.  It drove me crazy.  I just want to say that from a JFW user’s perspective, you guys are almost there in converting me to a full NVDA user.  I’m finding now that especially for tabular information, NVDA works much better for me and I think my husband may be tempted to use it himself.  He just has the little issue of Station Playlist Studio and Station Playlist Streamer which will be the things that hold him back I suspect.

 

You guys rock!!!!!! As for testers, I’d be very pleased to help with any testing necessary.  I’m probably not as geeky as some testers on this list but as someone who is an extremely advanced computer user and uses their computer for working from home and for leisure purposes it’s in my best interests to ensure that screenreader accessibility is not just limited to those that can afford the expensive stuff.  I’m also very very excited to see what happens in November.  Cheap braille?  Mouthwatering!  Something I’ve longed for for a long time and given I can’t get any support from Access To Work because my turnover isn’t what they consider to be worthy, it looks like I’m saving for a braille display.

 

Kerry

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: 06 September 2016 07:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

Dear citizens of the NVDA land:

 

Yes, it is official: one of the ministers of NVDA land, a certain Mr. Teh, has just ordered the horsemen to announce a good news throughout the land:

 

NVDA 2016.3 is officially out:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-nvda-2016-3-release/

 

So what’s new, changed and fixed:

 

From RC2: no changes.

 

Highlights:

 

·         You can now disable individual add-ons.

·         NVDA is more cofmpatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607). Among the things included are return of browse mode in Edge, announcing newer UAC prompts, ability to navigate PDF documents in Edge and more.

·         NVDA+F9/NVDA+F10 command behavior change is now official.

·         Color announcement has been simplified.

·         NVDA no longer announces “associated draft” in Outlook 2016.

·         NVDA can now announce line spacing in Microsoft Word.

·         Various enhancements.

 

A sneak preview at 2016.4: three game-changing features will be served as part of Thanksgiving Party this November:

 

·         Ever wanted to hear line indentation via beeps? You can do that starting in November.

·         Want to experience the next chapter in assistive technology history? Or would you like to be one of the first ones to experience a combination of a free screen reader and a low-cost braille display? Stay tuned, as this combination will change your life in November.

·         Needed an assistant in persuading web or app developers about accessibility needs of screen reader users? The wait is almost over: let NVDA volunteer for you from November onwards.

 

The rest: let’s just say the ministers at NVDA land are holding council every day, looking over this land and thinking about the needs of citizens and planning the next great adventure for the people of this land.

 

Personally, I’m excited to see what NVDA can do in opening opportunities for many people, particularly for those who’re using Windows 10. On behalf of people who’ve contributed to NVDA 2016.3 development, I wish you best in your endeavor as you use NVDA 2016.3 in various places (work, school, for fun and in unexpected places). Also, NVDA 2016.3 release announcement will be my final NVDA release announcement (on this list), as I believe the community is ready to welcome new reporters.

 

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date: 09/06/16


Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Gene
 

There may be a way to stop edit or read only edit from being spoken as a work around until the problem is fixed.  there may be a setting you can turn off that stops announcements that describe the kind of field you are in.  But that may be more extreme than you want unless you can limit the change to this one program.  Perhaps a profile can limit it to just that program. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hello Joseph.
Quick observations on my end.
1. The message content of the Mail app still reports "edit" after
every press of down/up arrow.
2. The add-on help file seems to be broken. That is, there is no
proper structure like headings and links.

On 9/6/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just installed it and it works great in the areas Joseph mentioned.
> David Moore
>
>
> From: Joseph Lee
> Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:06 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released
>
> Hi all,
>
>
>
> I'm delighted to announce the release of Windows 10 App Essentials 16.09.1,
> a minor bug fix release for WinTenApps 16.09.x. The new release can be found
> at:
>
> https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/16.09.1
>
>
>
> Changelog:
>
>
>
> * Appearance of suggestions for search fields is now brailled (mostly for
> apps such as Settings).
>
> * NVDA no longer announces "read-only" for Calendar's appointment name field
> and Mail's message content.
>
> * In Maps, fixed an issue where one could not use TAB key to move between
> controls.
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph
>
>
>
>



Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

Hi Kerry,

You can report bugs here, and one of us (Quentin, I or others) will send them to NV Access on your behalf.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kerry Fielding
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 4:51 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

I forgot to ask, where I report bugs to should I test?

 

Kerry

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 06 September 2016 12:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

Hi everyone,

 

Joseph, thank you so much for your wonderfully evocative announcement and information, and indeed thank you for everything you have given, and continue to give the community.

 

Nasrin,

The system requirements for NVDA haven't changed, that is per: http://www.nvaccess.org/about/nvda-features/

 

"NVDA runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Microsoft Windows XP or later. NVDA has no additional hardware requirements beyond those of the operating system and requires around 50 MB of disk space."

 

And Kerry, we would love to have you on board as a tester!

 

The "beta" builds are available from: http://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

 

As the page indicates, "Next" are what you might call "alpha" releases - new code and new changes and no guarantee everything works as it should.  "Master" are features which have already been tested in "next" builds and are a little more polished and more likely to end up in a final version of NVDA and we encourage wider testing of these builds.

 

Kind regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Kerry Fielding <littlemisslovely1973@...> wrote:

I downloaded this yesterday and associated draft not being spoken in outlook 2016 is much welcomed.  It drove me crazy.  I just want to say that from a JFW user’s perspective, you guys are almost there in converting me to a full NVDA user.  I’m finding now that especially for tabular information, NVDA works much better for me and I think my husband may be tempted to use it himself.  He just has the little issue of Station Playlist Studio and Station Playlist Streamer which will be the things that hold him back I suspect.

 

You guys rock!!!!!! As for testers, I’d be very pleased to help with any testing necessary.  I’m probably not as geeky as some testers on this list but as someone who is an extremely advanced computer user and uses their computer for working from home and for leisure purposes it’s in my best interests to ensure that screenreader accessibility is not just limited to those that can afford the expensive stuff.  I’m also very very excited to see what happens in November.  Cheap braille?  Mouthwatering!  Something I’ve longed for for a long time and given I can’t get any support from Access To Work because my turnover isn’t what they consider to be worthy, it looks like I’m saving for a braille display.

 

Kerry

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: 06 September 2016 07:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

Dear citizens of the NVDA land:

 

Yes, it is official: one of the ministers of NVDA land, a certain Mr. Teh, has just ordered the horsemen to announce a good news throughout the land:

 

NVDA 2016.3 is officially out:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-nvda-2016-3-release/

 

So what’s new, changed and fixed:

 

From RC2: no changes.

 

Highlights:

 

·         You can now disable individual add-ons.

·         NVDA is more cofmpatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607). Among the things included are return of browse mode in Edge, announcing newer UAC prompts, ability to navigate PDF documents in Edge and more.

·         NVDA+F9/NVDA+F10 command behavior change is now official.

·         Color announcement has been simplified.

·         NVDA no longer announces “associated draft” in Outlook 2016.

·         NVDA can now announce line spacing in Microsoft Word.

·         Various enhancements.

 

A sneak preview at 2016.4: three game-changing features will be served as part of Thanksgiving Party this November:

 

·         Ever wanted to hear line indentation via beeps? You can do that starting in November.

·         Want to experience the next chapter in assistive technology history? Or would you like to be one of the first ones to experience a combination of a free screen reader and a low-cost braille display? Stay tuned, as this combination will change your life in November.

·         Needed an assistant in persuading web or app developers about accessibility needs of screen reader users? The wait is almost over: let NVDA volunteer for you from November onwards.

 

The rest: let’s just say the ministers at NVDA land are holding council every day, looking over this land and thinking about the needs of citizens and planning the next great adventure for the people of this land.

 

Personally, I’m excited to see what NVDA can do in opening opportunities for many people, particularly for those who’re using Windows 10. On behalf of people who’ve contributed to NVDA 2016.3 development, I wish you best in your endeavor as you use NVDA 2016.3 in various places (work, school, for fun and in unexpected places). Also, NVDA 2016.3 release announcement will be my final NVDA release announcement (on this list), as I believe the community is ready to welcome new reporters.

 

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date: 09/06/16



 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date: 09/06/16


Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

 

Hi Andre,
1. NVDA says "edit": Mick Curran from NV Access says this is a recent thing and have written a fix for it. Unfortunately, the fix is part of a branch that isn't ready for wider testing, and porting it to the add-on isn't trivial.
2. Readme structure problem: I've noticed it myself. I'll commit a fix for it (16.09.1A) in about half an hour as I'm also releasing a new add-on snapshot today.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andre Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:45 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hello Joseph.
Quick observations on my end.
1. The message content of the Mail app still reports "edit" after every press of down/up arrow.
2. The add-on help file seems to be broken. That is, there is no proper structure like headings and links.

On 9/6/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I just installed it and it works great in the areas Joseph mentioned.
David Moore


From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:06 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hi all,



I'm delighted to announce the release of Windows 10 App Essentials
16.09.1, a minor bug fix release for WinTenApps 16.09.x. The new
release can be found
at:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/16.09.1



Changelog:



* Appearance of suggestions for search fields is now brailled (mostly
for apps such as Settings).

* NVDA no longer announces "read-only" for Calendar's appointment name
field and Mail's message content.

* In Maps, fixed an issue where one could not use TAB key to move
between controls.



Cheers,

Joseph




Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Andre Fisher
 

Hello Joseph.
Quick observations on my end.
1. The message content of the Mail app still reports "edit" after
every press of down/up arrow.
2. The add-on help file seems to be broken. That is, there is no
proper structure like headings and links.

On 9/6/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I just installed it and it works great in the areas Joseph mentioned.
David Moore


From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:06 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.09,1 released

Hi all,



I'm delighted to announce the release of Windows 10 App Essentials 16.09.1,
a minor bug fix release for WinTenApps 16.09.x. The new release can be found
at:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/16.09.1



Changelog:



* Appearance of suggestions for search fields is now brailled (mostly for
apps such as Settings).

* NVDA no longer announces "read-only" for Calendar's appointment name field
and Mail's message content.

* In Maps, fixed an issue where one could not use TAB key to move between
controls.



Cheers,

Joseph




Re: NVDA 2016.3 and Speech hub

Isaac Porat
 

Hi


As I said I maintain SpeechHub, No new features since July 2015 but I make sure everything works as I use it myself.


I have tried SpeechHub with the NVDA latest version 2016.3 and it works fine.


Assuming you installed SpeechHub and have installed the NVDA add-on supplied with the installer (instructions on the website) it should work.

It works well with Java 8 (Java 7 is insecure if you have it, you should remove it anyway).
A problem encountered by some people is with their firewall. SpeechHub is an internal server and you need to make sure that Java is allowed to communicate.

If anybody has a problem, you are welcome to contact me at:

speechhub@speakon.org.uk


The website is at:
www.speechhub.org

Regards
Isaac

On 06/09/2016 07:57, Dang Manh Cuong wrote:
To all listers
Using NVDA 2016.3RC2, and the speech hub add-on didn't work. Try reinstall, and NvDA faild to install that add-on.
Just a quick report.
Cuong
---------------
Dang Manh Cuong
The Assistive technology specialist
Sao Mai Vocational and assistive center for the blind
391 Lac Long Quan, ward 5, Dst 11, HCMC, Vietnam
Tel: +84862573309
E-mail: vanphong@trungtamsaomai.org; congnghe@trungtamsaomai.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaoMaiCenter
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org
Mobile / Zalo: +84 902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@gmail.com; cuong@trungtamsaomai.org
Yahoo! ID: manhcuong0312
Skype name: dangmanhcuong
facebook: http://facebook.com/dangmanhcuong
Twitter: @ManhCuongTech


Re: Facebook on Chrome with NVDA

 

I tried NVDA with Firefox on Surface 3, and it lags a number of times, especially on sites that are more media-heavy. It also lags a lot when using Outlook.com.


Re: Facebook on Chrome with NVDA

Kerry Fielding <littlemisslovely1973@...>
 

NVDA is quicker on firefox than JFW trust me lol.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Supanut Leepaisomboon
Sent: 06 September 2016 15:16
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Facebook on Chrome with NVDA

 

Oh. I'm using the latest stable version. Will this ever gets fixed? I'm tired of Firefox because it is quite laggy, especially on sites with flash contents.


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date: 09/06/16


Re: Facebook on Chrome with NVDA

 

Oh. I'm using the latest stable version. Will this ever gets fixed? I'm tired of Firefox because it is quite laggy, especially on sites with flash contents.


Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

Nicholas Stevens
 

Hi Heaven,
I fully agree with you. Only thing I notice with any updates is that it never tells me there are updates. If I don't check for updates, I don't know.
I did notice a problem with the previous version. When I pressed control plus right arrow when working in a document it only read letter for letter and not word by word. Is there a way to solve that?
Regards
Nicholas

Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

Hi


I recently upgraded to NVDA 2016.3.  I would like to say thank you to all the developers who work on this project.  I have not found any bugs as yet and some wonderful improvements. 


Keep up the good work.

 

Kind regards

 

Heaven

 

Heaven Botma

Dosent: Kaleidoskoop Opleidingskollege

Lecturer: Kaleidoscope Training College

 

T: 023 348 7634

C: 063 692 2573

F: 023 348 7633

E: heaven@...

W: www.kaleidoscopesa.org

Adderleystraat 20 Adderley Street

Posbus 233 P.O. Box, Worcester, 6849

 

 

 

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kerry Fielding
Sent: Tuesday, 06 September 2016 12:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

I downloaded this yesterday and associated draft not being spoken in outlook 2016 is much welcomed.  It drove me crazy.  I just want to say that from a JFW user’s perspective, you guys are almost there in converting me to a full NVDA user.  I’m finding now that especially for tabular information, NVDA works much better for me and I think my husband may be tempted to use it himself.  He just has the little issue of Station Playlist Studio and Station Playlist Streamer which will be the things that hold him back I suspect.

 

You guys rock!!!!!! As for testers, I’d be very pleased to help with any testing necessary.  I’m probably not as geeky as some testers on this list but as someone who is an extremely advanced computer user and uses their computer for working from home and for leisure purposes it’s in my best interests to ensure that screenreader accessibility is not just limited to those that can afford the expensive stuff.  I’m also very very excited to see what happens in November.  Cheap braille?  Mouthwatering!  Something I’ve longed for for a long time and given I can’t get any support from Access To Work because my turnover isn’t what they consider to be worthy, it looks like I’m saving for a braille display.

 

Kerry

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: 06 September 2016 07:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

 

Dear citizens of the NVDA land:

 

Yes, it is official: one of the ministers of NVDA land, a certain Mr. Teh, has just ordered the horsemen to announce a good news throughout the land:

 

NVDA 2016.3 is officially out:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-nvda-2016-3-release/

 

So what’s new, changed and fixed:

 

From RC2: no changes.

 

Highlights:

 

·         You can now disable individual add-ons.

·         NVDA is more cofmpatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607). Among the things included are return of browse mode in Edge, announcing newer UAC prompts, ability to navigate PDF documents in Edge and more.

·         NVDA+F9/NVDA+F10 command behavior change is now official.

·         Color announcement has been simplified.

·         NVDA no longer announces “associated draft” in Outlook 2016.

·         NVDA can now announce line spacing in Microsoft Word.

·         Various enhancements.

 

A sneak preview at 2016.4: three game-changing features will be served as part of Thanksgiving Party this November:

 

·         Ever wanted to hear line indentation via beeps? You can do that starting in November.

·         Want to experience the next chapter in assistive technology history? Or would you like to be one of the first ones to experience a combination of a free screen reader and a low-cost braille display? Stay tuned, as this combination will change your life in November.

·         Needed an assistant in persuading web or app developers about accessibility needs of screen reader users? The wait is almost over: let NVDA volunteer for you from November onwards.

 

The rest: let’s just say the ministers at NVDA land are holding council every day, looking over this land and thinking about the needs of citizens and planning the next great adventure for the people of this land.

 

Personally, I’m excited to see what NVDA can do in opening opportunities for many people, particularly for those who’re using Windows 10. On behalf of people who’ve contributed to NVDA 2016.3 development, I wish you best in your endeavor as you use NVDA 2016.3 in various places (work, school, for fun and in unexpected places). Also, NVDA 2016.3 release announcement will be my final NVDA release announcement (on this list), as I believe the community is ready to welcome new reporters.

 

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date: 09/06/16




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com



Re: Slightly OT but gmail pop question about downloading

Gene
 

To avoid confusion, I should state that my last message was directed to comments made by Brian.  The first quoted message below my comments is not the person I was responding to. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 4:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT but gmail pop question about downloading

Hi friends,

I am apparently misunderstood.  My problem is not to do with pop or
IMAP.  The issue of pop is settled.  The issue is that if while
downloading a chain of mails, the connection breaks, then there is
problem in downloading mails in a bunch.  I know that there is some
procedure whereby you could come back to normal download process
whereby you  can download a bigger bunch of mails.  This is my
problem.  I hope I am clearer this time.

Thank you.

Ketan

On 9/6/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
> As it often does in live mail which is why I imported Outlook express in
> desperation.
>  Still has its old bugs but at least we know those.
>  Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Arlene" <nedster66@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 7:36 PM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT but gmail pop question about downloading
>
>
> Hi, I'm not sure if this will help. You might want to go to the main google
>
> site and go into your gmail. I think there you may have to enable imap. I'm
>
> sure someone else can better help you.  Also check your wlm settings as
> well. maybe something must have run a muck!
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ketan
> Kothari
> Sent: September-05-16 12:18 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] Slightly OT but gmail pop question about downloading
>
> Hi friends,
>
>
> I am facing a strange problem:  I was downloading a bunch of 100 or more
> mails in Windows Live Messenger from gmail using pop3.  This is what I do
> daily without problem.  However, this one time the signal broke and the
> downloading got disconnected.  From then on, I am only downloading one or 2
>
> mails at a time.  I know there is a process to rectify this but have
> forgotten the same.  Could some kind soul help me please?  Sorry for trouble
>
> and thank you in advance.
>
> With best wishes,
>
> Ketan
>
> --
> Ketan Kothari
> Phone: [r] 24223281,
> Cell: 9987550614
> MSN ID: muktaketan@...
> Skype ID: Ketan3333
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktaketan@...
Skype ID: Ketan3333



Re: Slightly OT but gmail pop question about downloading

Gene
 

Windows Live Mail does not have this problem in general.  If you had such a problem, that is how the program works on your specific machine.  It is not correct to generalize from one user's experience about how a program performs in general.  That's one reason beta testing is done with a lot of testers.  If you stated that you had the same problem and raised a question as to whether Windows Live Mail has this problem, that would be one thing.  But stating something as a fact based on your and only your experience is not proper procedure.  I've used Windows Live Mail for years and I haven't had this problem.  And lots of other people use Windows Live Mail as well.  I have never seen any other complaints about the problem we are discussing.
 
As far as Outlook Express in Windows 7 or higher is concerned, some people use it without problems and some people have serious and ongoing problems using this unsupported altered program.  it is not the be all and end all solution. 
 
I've seen long exchanges on another list of people spending lots of time trying to get it to work properly.  At times, they do and at times they don't. 
 
As far as the Windows 10 mail app is concerned, I hope members don't form an opinion until there is a good deal more discussion. 
 
Gene
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 4:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT but gmail pop question about downloading

Hi friends,

I am apparently misunderstood.  My problem is not to do with pop or
IMAP.  The issue of pop is settled.  The issue is that if while
downloading a chain of mails, the connection breaks, then there is
problem in downloading mails in a bunch.  I know that there is some
procedure whereby you could come back to normal download process
whereby you  can download a bigger bunch of mails.  This is my
problem.  I hope I am clearer this time.

Thank you.

Ketan

On 9/6/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
> As it often does in live mail which is why I imported Outlook express in
> desperation.
>  Still has its old bugs but at least we know those.
>  Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Arlene" <nedster66@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 7:36 PM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT but gmail pop question about downloading
>
>
> Hi, I'm not sure if this will help. You might want to go to the main google
>
> site and go into your gmail. I think there you may have to enable imap. I'm
>
> sure someone else can better help you.  Also check your wlm settings as
> well. maybe something must have run a muck!
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ketan
> Kothari
> Sent: September-05-16 12:18 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] Slightly OT but gmail pop question about downloading
>
> Hi friends,
>
>
> I am facing a strange problem:  I was downloading a bunch of 100 or more
> mails in Windows Live Messenger from gmail using pop3.  This is what I do
> daily without problem.  However, this one time the signal broke and the
> downloading got disconnected.  From then on, I am only downloading one or 2
>
> mails at a time.  I know there is a process to rectify this but have
> forgotten the same.  Could some kind soul help me please?  Sorry for trouble
>
> and thank you in advance.
>
> With best wishes,
>
> Ketan
>
> --
> Ketan Kothari
> Phone: [r] 24223281,
> Cell: 9987550614
> MSN ID: muktaketan@...
> Skype ID: Ketan3333
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktaketan@...
Skype ID: Ketan3333



Re: Facebook on Chrome with NVDA

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Its Chrome, I saw a post about it in other places on the web only last week.
I think its a particular version of Chrome though.
I g
ave up on Chrome due to its many many updates for no apparent reason that randomly broke things.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Supanut Leepaisomboon" <supanut2000@outlook.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 1:24 PM
Subject: [nvda] Facebook on Chrome with NVDA


Hi all,

When using Facebook with Google Chrome, I noticed that, while typing in any edit fields, particularly the chat message box and the status update box, NVDA won't read the character that I've deleted. This occurred only on Facebook, I tried with Outlook.com and on this list and NVDA can read the characters I've deleted just fine.

Is anyone else who are using Chrome experiencing this issue? Is this a bug with Chrome or NVDA?


Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

Gene
 

Unless you have a reason to test with a nonportable version, you can test by installing a portable version using the newly available version you want to test.  You can leave your current installation if you wish for times when you don't want to test.  The What's new article is available in the help of the new version of NVDA.  Since it has already been stated that the system requirements haven't changed, you don't need a copy and I'm sure the system requirements are available in help, probably in the user manual. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

hi Quentin.
thanks so much for your help.
but i ment that could you please send me its system requirements from
help and user guide?
even i am ready to test nvda snapshot versions if does need to be a
programmer or computer experience user.
could you please send me the whats new for version 2016.4 which become
release on november in my email address?
i want to know how can i help you in this regard.

On 9/6/16, Kerry Fielding <littlemisslovely1973@...> wrote:
> Can I do this without killing my current NVDA install.  Believe it or not I
> do use it for 1 thing or another on a daily basis but definitely happy to
> help if I can.
>
>
>
> Kerry
>
>
>
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin
> Christensen
> Sent: 06 September 2016 12:15
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access
> 2016.3
>
>
>
> Hi everyone,
>
>
>
> Joseph, thank you so much for your wonderfully evocative announcement and
> information, and indeed thank you for everything you have given, and
> continue to give the community.
>
>
>
> Nasrin,
>
> The system requirements for NVDA haven't changed, that is per:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/about/nvda-features/
>
>
>
> "NVDA runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Microsoft Windows XP or
> later. NVDA has no additional hardware requirements beyond those of the
> operating system and requires around 50 MB of disk space."
>
>
>
> And Kerry, we would love to have you on board as a tester!
>
>
>
> The "beta" builds are available from:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/
>
>
>
> As the page indicates, "Next" are what you might call "alpha" releases - new
> code and new changes and no guarantee everything works as it should.
> "Master" are features which have already been tested in "next" builds and
> are a little more polished and more likely to end up in a final version of
> NVDA and we encourage wider testing of these builds.
>
>
>
> Kind regards
>
>
>
> Quentin.
>
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Kerry Fielding <littlemisslovely1973@...
> <mailto:littlemisslovely1973@...> > wrote:
>
> I downloaded this yesterday and associated draft not being spoken in outlook
> 2016 is much welcomed.  It drove me crazy.  I just want to say that from a
> JFW user’s perspective, you guys are almost there in converting me to a full
> NVDA user.  I’m finding now that especially for tabular information, NVDA
> works much better for me and I think my husband may be tempted to use it
> himself.  He just has the little issue of Station Playlist Studio and
> Station Playlist Streamer which will be the things that hold him back I
> suspect.
>
>
>
> You guys rock!!!!!! As for testers, I’d be very pleased to help with any
> testing necessary.  I’m probably not as geeky as some testers on this list
> but as someone who is an extremely advanced computer user and uses their
> computer for working from home and for leisure purposes it’s in my best
> interests to ensure that screenreader accessibility is not just limited to
> those that can afford the expensive stuff.  I’m also very very excited to
> see what happens in November.  Cheap braille?  Mouthwatering!  Something
> I’ve longed for for a long time and given I can’t get any support from
> Access To Work because my turnover isn’t what they consider to be worthy, it
> looks like I’m saving for a braille display.
>
>
>
> Kerry
>
>
>
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> ] On Behalf Of
> Joseph Lee
> Sent: 06 September 2016 07:15
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Subject: [nvda] you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access
> 2016.3
>
>
>
> Dear citizens of the NVDA land:
>
>
>
> Yes, it is official: one of the ministers of NVDA land, a certain Mr. Teh,
> has just ordered the horsemen to announce a good news throughout the land:
>
>
>
> NVDA 2016.3 is officially out:
>
> http://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-nvda-2016-3-release/
>
>
>
> So what’s new, changed and fixed:
>
>
>
> From RC2: no changes.
>
>
>
> Highlights:
>
>
>
> *         You can now disable individual add-ons.
>
> *         NVDA is more cofmpatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update
> (version 1607). Among the things included are return of browse mode in Edge,
> announcing newer UAC prompts, ability to navigate PDF documents in Edge and
> more.
>
> *         NVDA+F9/NVDA+F10 command behavior change is now official.
>
> *         Color announcement has been simplified.
>
> *         NVDA no longer announces “associated draft” in Outlook 2016.
>
> *         NVDA can now announce line spacing in Microsoft Word.
>
> *         Various enhancements.
>
>
>
> A sneak preview at 2016.4: three game-changing features will be served as
> part of Thanksgiving Party this November:
>
>
>
> *         Ever wanted to hear line indentation via beeps? You can do that
> starting in November.
>
> *         Want to experience the next chapter in assistive technology
> history? Or would you like to be one of the first ones to experience a
> combination of a free screen reader and a low-cost braille display? Stay
> tuned, as this combination will change your life in November.
>
> *         Needed an assistant in persuading web or app developers about
> accessibility needs of screen reader users? The wait is almost over: let
> NVDA volunteer for you from November onwards.
>
>
>
> The rest: let’s just say the ministers at NVDA land are holding council
> every day, looking over this land and thinking about the needs of citizens
> and planning the next great adventure for the people of this land.
>
>
>
> Personally, I’m excited to see what NVDA can do in opening opportunities for
> many people, particularly for those who’re using Windows 10. On behalf of
> people who’ve contributed to NVDA 2016.3 development, I wish you best in
> your endeavor as you use NVDA 2016.3 in various places (work, school, for
> fun and in unexpected places). Also, NVDA 2016.3 release announcement will
> be my final NVDA release announcement (on this list), as I believe the
> community is ready to welcome new reporters.
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph
>
>
>   _____
>
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date: 09/06/16
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Quentin Christensen
> Training Material Developer
>
> Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>
>
>
> Ph  <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306> +61 7 3149 3306
>
> Direct: +61 413 904 383
>  <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
> Facebook:  <http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
> http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
> Twitter: @NVAccess
>
>
>
>   _____
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Version: 2016.0.7752 / Virus Database: 4649/12955 - Release Date: 09/06/16
>
>


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org




Re: adventures with: append text

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Maybe one of them can have its redefined. I'm sure this can be done in some add ons, but of course there are only a certain number of keys one can use.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Георги Ламбов" <obichamlegiona@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] adventures with: append text


Brian, also by me is happened something so but not connected with sound.
Yes,

Artin,and just here's the problem. With control + e, I receive
information, which actually is given by resource monitor. And I need
very much append text, that's why I uninstalled resource monitor, and
now is all OK. But at the same time I also like resource monitor,
although I don't particulary understand the proposed of it information.


На 6.9.2016 г. в 11:23 ч., Brian's Mail list account написа:
Sounds like a hot key clash with something else to me, though I'm not
sure what.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Георги Ламбов"
<obichamlegiona@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 3:12 PM
Subject: [nvda] adventures with: append text


Hi group and developpers!

A wonderful add-on otherwise! It helps me much. But I can't
understand why it refuses my friendship!

Just it happens sometings strange enough. And it happens second time
by the way. When I've installed first time the add-on, it works very
well. But at the second time I used it: control + shift + e,
announced me data about my computer and control + shift + v,
announced me the microsoft word's version I work with. I uninstalled
the add-on and reInstalled it. The same thing: first It worked well
and now: no results. I thank in advance for any ideas.

Georgi