Date   
NVDA remote

Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 

Is there any way to change the f11 command in remote?it conflicts with the key in Money talks that shows running balance.

 

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

 

Re: NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


Just had a new update and where I thought it was 68 it must of been the versionh before.


It is on 68 of it and yes even though my status bar is checked it does not get reported down on the status area so some ting is broke.


it just says like no information.


But the menu for status bar is still under the menus mentioned before.


Gene nz


On 2/11/2019 5:30 pm, Ron Canazzi wrote:
It was checked. 
On 11/1/2019 11:12 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi


Under tool bars then status bar menu is it checked? I got it to read out the status bar just then.


I am guessing it has become unchecked.


Using the version of Thunder bird you mentioned.


Gene nz


This is using nvda 2019.2.1 and windows 10 version 1903.

On 2/11/2019 3:38 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I upgraded to Thunderbird 68.231 and now NVDA will not read the status bar.  Is there any work around for this issue?

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Re: NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

Gene
 

Have you tried maximizing or restoring the program? 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

It was checked. 
On 11/1/2019 11:12 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi


Under tool bars then status bar menu is it checked? I got it to read out the status bar just then.


I am guessing it has become unchecked.


Using the version of Thunder bird you mentioned.


Gene nz


This is using nvda 2019.2.1 and windows 10 version 1903.

On 2/11/2019 3:38 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I upgraded to Thunderbird 68.231 and now NVDA will not read the status bar.  Is there any work around for this issue?

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Re: NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

Ron Canazzi
 

It was checked. 
On 11/1/2019 11:12 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi


Under tool bars then status bar menu is it checked? I got it to read out the status bar just then.


I am guessing it has become unchecked.


Using the version of Thunder bird you mentioned.


Gene nz


This is using nvda 2019.2.1 and windows 10 version 1903.

On 2/11/2019 3:38 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I upgraded to Thunderbird 68.231 and now NVDA will not read the status bar.  Is there any work around for this issue?

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Re: NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

Gene
 

I wonder if there still is a status bar.  Thunderbird is far behind the fashion by having one.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 9:38 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

Hi Group,

I upgraded to Thunderbird 68.231 and now NVDA will not read the status
bar.  Is there any work around for this issue?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Re: NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


Under tool bars then status bar menu is it checked? I got it to read out the status bar just then.


I am guessing it has become unchecked.


Using the version of Thunder bird you mentioned.


Gene nz


This is using nvda 2019.2.1 and windows 10 version 1903.

On 2/11/2019 3:38 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I upgraded to Thunderbird 68.231 and now NVDA will not read the status bar.  Is there any work around for this issue?

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

I upgraded to Thunderbird 68.231 and now NVDA will not read the status bar.  Is there any work around for this issue?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Re: Microsoft one core voices

George McCoy
 

You don't have to download languages to get the associated voices in windows 10 1903.

Press windows key plus i to open settings.

In the search box type ease of access narrator settings.

Down arrow once and press enter to enter Narrator settings.

Tab through the settings to a link labeled Add More voices and press enter.

Tab 6 times to the add voices button and click it.

You can enter a language in the search box or arrow through the list.

You are not installing the language, as far as I can determine, just the voices associated with it.

Select the language(s) you want with the space bar.

You can select as many as you like.

Tab once to the add button and click it to add the voices you selected.

The process takes a few minutes because the voices must be downloades and installed.

When the installations are complete, close settings.

The new voices will appear in the speech section of the NvDA settings dialog.


George

On 10/31/2019 2:01 PM, Don H wrote:
Running Win 10 1903 and latst released NVDA.
TTrying to add more one core voices.
So far what I have done is go to windows settings then time and language then speech.  I wend to add a voice and selected English Canda.  I now have English Canada, English British and English United States shown as my voice options.  However when I go to NVDA settings under speech One core voices I think I only have English United states voices.  What step am I mkissing?


Re: One Core voices

George McCoy
 

In version 2019.2.1, rate boost works with 1-core voices.


George

On 10/30/2019 8:51 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

oh... i thought it was also for one-core. my apologies.


On Wed, Oct 30, 2019, 9:47 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

That is not with all synths. That is I believe for eSpeak only, at leastiwht my experience.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 30 Oct 2019, at 18:40, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

hi.
you could try the rate boost. if you press nvda plus control plus s it will bring up the synthesizer settings. tab till you year rate boost then check the box. hope this helps ☺️


On Wed, Oct 30, 2019, 9:35 PM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
OK I understand, I think, that you can not change the rate of the one
core voices under the speech settings of NVDA.  Under the one core
voices listed is Paul.  When I go to the Windows 10 speech settings
there is no Paul listed.  So how do I change the rate for Paul?
Running win 10 1903 and latest released version of NVDA.
Thanks for any help.




Re: I have another NVDA question:

Roger Stewart
 

If you copy current user settings, all add ons with their settings will also be copied over including any synths.
Roger







On 11/1/2019 6:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Now I'm confused. What if the speech synthesizer is an add-on? It was my understanding that when I create a portable copy of NVDA, I would have the option to copy add-ons. Is this not the case with add-ons containing synthetic speech voices, i.e. vocalizer, acapela? 
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...


Microsoft Neural Voices with NVDA?

Casey Mathews
 

Just wondering how feasible it would be to get the new Voices from Microsoft working with NVDA? These voices are currently previewing with the Chromium based edge dev and Canary browsers. Microsoft seems to be improving these voices rapidly and I’d like to use them with NVDA. While they have an API for developers it appears they want money to use these voices. I’m not a developer though so could be wrong about this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

 

Casey

 

Re: One core voices

Tyler Spivey
 

Yes. They match.

Right now I have Zira, David and Mark, the voices that come with US English.
Now let's say I want to add Canadian English.
I go to Time and Language, Speech, Add voices.
From there, I scroll down to English, Canada. It says not selected, so I hit space, and press the add button
Now I close settings and restart NVDA, and now also have Richard and Linda.

What problems are you having with these voices?

On 11/1/2019 5:05 PM, Don H wrote:
Maybe I am asking the wrong question.  Is there any Correlation to the voices listed when you choose One core under the NVA speech settings and the languages you install under the time and language settings of Win 10?
On 11/1/2019 6:55 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
We told you. Change your synthesizer.

Press NVDA+ctrl+s. You will then hear select synthesizer dialog. In the list that comes up, select Windows OneCore voices and press enter.

On 11/1/2019 4:53 PM, Don H wrote:
I am still confused.  On Win 10 I go to settings, time and language, speech.  I then install Canada English, United Kingdom English along with United States English.
No matter which of these I choose the list of available voices stays the same.  What the heck am I missing?
Thanks






Re: One core voices

Don H
 

Maybe I am asking the wrong question. Is there any Correlation to the voices listed when you choose One core under the NVA speech settings and the languages you install under the time and language settings of Win 10?

On 11/1/2019 6:55 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
We told you. Change your synthesizer.
Press NVDA+ctrl+s. You will then hear select synthesizer dialog. In the list that comes up, select Windows OneCore voices and press enter.
On 11/1/2019 4:53 PM, Don H wrote:
I am still confused.  On Win 10 I go to settings, time and language, speech.  I then install Canada English, United Kingdom English along with United States English.
No matter which of these I choose the list of available voices stays the same.  What the heck am I missing?
Thanks



Re: One core voices

Tyler Spivey
 

We told you. Change your synthesizer.

Press NVDA+ctrl+s. You will then hear select synthesizer dialog. In the list that comes up, select Windows OneCore voices and press enter.

On 11/1/2019 4:53 PM, Don H wrote:
I am still confused.  On Win 10 I go to settings, time and language, speech.  I then install Canada English, United Kingdom English along with United States English.
No matter which of these I choose the list of available voices stays the same.  What the heck am I missing?
Thanks

One core voices

Don H
 

I am still confused. On Win 10 I go to settings, time and language, speech. I then install Canada English, United Kingdom English along with United States English.
No matter which of these I choose the list of available voices stays the same. What the heck am I missing?
Thanks

Re: I have another NVDA question:

DJ
 

I have created portable copies of mine and everything including synthesizers have carried over.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 7:40 PM Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:
Now I'm confused. What if the speech synthesizer is an add-on? It was my understanding that when I create a portable copy of NVDA, I would have the option to copy add-ons. Is this not the case with add-ons containing synthetic speech voices, i.e. vocalizer, acapela? 
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Re: I have another NVDA question:

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>
 

Now I'm confused. What if the speech synthesizer is an add-on? It was my understanding that when I create a portable copy of NVDA, I would have the option to copy add-ons. Is this not the case with add-ons containing synthetic speech voices, i.e. vocalizer, acapela? 
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Re: Microsoft one core voices

Samuel Villa <Saleena81@...>
 

Did you let it fully download? You have to let it download for a few minutes and then restart NVDA.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft one core voices

Did not help to restart NVDA

On 10/31/2019 2:14 PM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
Restart nvda

*From: *Don H <mailto:lmddh50@...>
*Sent: *31 October 2019 19:02
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *[nvda] Microsoft one core voices

Running Win 10 1903 and latst released NVDA.

TTrying to add more one core voices.

So far what I have done is go to windows settings then time and
language

then speech.  I wend to add a voice and selected English Canda.  I now

have English Canada, English British and English United States shown
as

my voice options.  However when I go to NVDA settings under speech One

core voices I think I only have English United states voices.  What
step

am I mkissing?

Re: Portable Copy of NVDA with Add-ons

Gene
 

I hadn't thought of it before this discussion.  I've been backing them up but the best and easiest thing to do, if you don't back up programs,  if you just back up things like music and documents, is to make a portable version from time to time as a way to back up everything and keep it in a backup location.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Portable Copy of NVDA with Add-ons

Hi,   yes they are.

On 31/10/2019 23:16, Gene wrote:
> Are the dictionaries copied?  They should be if they aren't.
> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io
> <mailto:the.big.white.shepherd@...>
> *Sent:* Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:58 PM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] Portable Copy of NVDA with Add-ons
>
> Hi,   when You do this there is a check box to have it copy the addons
> into the portable version.
> n 30/10/2019 23:15, Abbie Taylor wrote:
>  > I’m getting a new hard drive for my computer. I’m planning to create a
>  > portable copy of NVDA in case the software can’t be transferred to the
>  > new drive from the old. I understand that when I do this, all settings
>  > are saved but what about add-ons? Do I need to copy those files
>  > separately, then install them after installing the portable copy on my
>  > new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any answers.
>  >
>  > \Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author _https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com_
>  >
>  > http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
>  >
>  > abbietaylor945@... <mailto:abbietaylor945@...>
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
>  > http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
>  > http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
>  > abbietaylor945@... <mailto:abbietaylor945@...>
>  >
>
>
>


Re: Portable Copy of NVDA with Add-ons

Kevin Cussick
 

Hi, yes they are.

On 31/10/2019 23:16, Gene wrote:
Are the dictionaries copied?  They should be if they aren't.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io <mailto:the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>
*Sent:* Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:58 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Portable Copy of NVDA with Add-ons
Hi,   when You do this there is a check box to have it copy the addons
into the portable version.
n 30/10/2019 23:15, Abbie Taylor wrote:
> I’m getting a new hard drive for my computer. I’m planning to create a
> portable copy of NVDA in case the software can’t be transferred to the
> new drive from the old. I understand that when I do this, all settings
> are saved but what about add-ons? Do I need to copy those files
> separately, then install them after installing the portable copy on my
> new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any answers.
>
> \Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author _https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com_
>
> http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
>
> abbietaylor945@... <mailto:abbietaylor945@...>
>
>
> --
> Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
> http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
> http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
> abbietaylor945@... <mailto:abbietaylor945@...>
>