Date   

Re: NVDA 2016.2 release candidate 1 is out, an audio tutorial on what's new in 2016.2 posted #NVAccess

David Moore
 

Hi Joseph,
Thank you so much. I just installed the RC1 version of NVDA 2016.2. Please keep recording the tutorials. I love to listen to it before I begin using the new update. I have waited so long for more support in MS Office, especially word. Take care.
 
 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.2 release candidate 1 is out, an audio tutorial on what's new in 2016.2 posted #NVAccess
 

Hi,

I’ve seen this appear in Outlook, certain IE edit fields and what not.

Cheers,

joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.2 release candidate 1 is out, an audio tutorial on what's new in 2016.2 posted #NVAccess

 

joseph, once again thanks for you detail demonstration.
I am not sure if I get it wrong or not, is the spelling error sound is only functioning in MS Office Word? Or it is functioning as long as office word is installed and typing else where do have the sound effect?
Thanks.
 
Joseph Lee 26/5/2016 12:41 寫道:

Hi everyone,

 

Yes, indeed the RC1 is out. Featuring spelling error sounds, recognition of grammar errors and more, there’s something for everyone in this update.

The post from NV access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2rc1-released/

Note: This is a release candidate. If everything goes as planned, the official version will be out by next week.

Also, an audio tutorial on what’s new in NVDA 2016.2 has been posted. The direct link is:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/NVDA%202016.2.mp3

 

Note that this might be last What’s New tutorial (unless people say I should continue to produce these). Enjoy.

Cheers,

joseph

 


Re: NVDA 2016.2: Thoughts on Formatting information dialog

David Moore
 

Hi,
In MS Office 2010, does NVDA report the spacing of the document? That is the biggest problem I had with formatting announcing. I definite want to know if the document is double spaced, single spaced and so on. Also, when you press NVDA+F twice, can you just press CTRL+Home and start reading from the top? Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian's Mail list account
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.2: Thoughts on Formatting information dialog

Hi, I've been playing with this for some time now,and my comments are.
First sometimes it does not read all the formatting info, ie it misses out
the bits at the start. However cursoring up seems logical, as its just read
the lines so the cursor would logically be below the text not back at the
top. However that seems to be dependent on the program, some, for example
Dspeech when reading text or making an audio file position the cursor back
at the tiop, but this is presumably a simple list and its read, hopefully
from the start each time, but several times the font detail is missing
unless I cursor up, as if it was overwritten by the second speaking of the
word formatting.
I'm using windows 7 a very old copy of Word, which seems to be unsure if
its word XP or 2003 most of the time. :-)

I like the feature as its a good snapshot of where you are and more easy to
understand than the one we normally toggle on and off.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bhavya shah" <bhavya.shah125@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 6:25 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2016.2: Thoughts on Formatting information dialog


Dear all,
I acknowledge this to be a potentially subjective opinion and
consequently request, but initiating a discussion about the same all
the same, in order to gather more user feedback about this feature.
In NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, you can now press NVDA + F twice in quick
succession to be presented formatting information for the
corresponding text in the form of a navigable dialog.
The two concerns I have here, which are quite trivial, but still
somewhat necessaryare as follows:
When NVDA + F is pressed twice in quick succession -
* NVDA reads all the text of that dialog, i.e. the formatting
information, and then when the user navigates the dialog, he finds
himself at the end of the dialog, and has to up arrow instead of the
usual down arrowing to explore information.
* NVDA says 'formatting' twice, with a pause, which may result in a
momentary delay, as opposed to saying it only once to announce the
opening of the dialog.
Note: I am testing this with Microsoft Office Word 2010, and this, and
my previous observation, both are based on a Windows 8.1 system.
In case these issues are considered more or less important by other
testers than me, and if it is easy enough for developers to speedily
implement and fix, I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09



Re: NVDA 2016.2: Thoughts on Formatting information dialog

Andre Fisher
 

you can still use Control+Home, End, etc.

On 5/26/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Hi, I've been playing with this for some time now,and my comments are.
First sometimes it does not read all the formatting info, ie it misses out

the bits at the start. However cursoring up seems logical, as its just read

the lines so the cursor would logically be below the text not back at the
top. However that seems to be dependent on the program, some, for example
Dspeech when reading text or making an audio file position the cursor back
at the tiop, but this is presumably a simple list and its read, hopefully
from the start each time, but several times the font detail is missing
unless I cursor up, as if it was overwritten by the second speaking of the
word formatting.
I'm using windows 7 a very old copy of Word, which seems to be unsure if
its word XP or 2003 most of the time. :-)

I like the feature as its a good snapshot of where you are and more easy to

understand than the one we normally toggle on and off.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bhavya shah" <bhavya.shah125@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 6:25 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2016.2: Thoughts on Formatting information dialog


Dear all,
I acknowledge this to be a potentially subjective opinion and
consequently request, but initiating a discussion about the same all
the same, in order to gather more user feedback about this feature.
In NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, you can now press NVDA + F twice in quick
succession to be presented formatting information for the
corresponding text in the form of a navigable dialog.
The two concerns I have here, which are quite trivial, but still
somewhat necessaryare as follows:
When NVDA + F is pressed twice in quick succession -
* NVDA reads all the text of that dialog, i.e. the formatting
information, and then when the user navigates the dialog, he finds
himself at the end of the dialog, and has to up arrow instead of the
usual down arrowing to explore information.
* NVDA says 'formatting' twice, with a pause, which may result in a
momentary delay, as opposed to saying it only once to announce the
opening of the dialog.
Note: I am testing this with Microsoft Office Word 2010, and this, and
my previous observation, both are based on a Windows 8.1 system.
In case these issues are considered more or less important by other
testers than me, and if it is easy enough for developers to speedily
implement and fix, I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09






Re: NVDA 2016.2 RC1

 

Chris,

         An "install over" install is done simply by activating the installer that you've just downloaded.  Most programs these days will check whether there is an existing installation in place when you run the installer and then either remove the existing installation as part of the process or apply the necessary updates to the existing install to get to the latest release.

         The NVDA installer appears to take the latter of the two approaches for the upgrades I've done so far.  I'm sure if there comes a time where an existing installation cannot be updated that the NVDA installer for that release will simply uninstall what's already there and continue with a full install of NVDA.  Again, since NVDA add-ons are not, technically, a part of NVDA itself they sit in their own little world off to the side and NVDA looks to see if that "own little world" exists and, if it does, it uses the add-ons that exist there.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: NVDA 2016.2 RC1

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Brian,
Thanks for the info. One last question.
How do you do an install over an install?
Chris


Re: NVDA 2016.2 RC1

 

I forgot to confirm that what mk360 says is also indeed the case.  If an earlier version of NVDA is on your system when you run the install program it detects that and does an update process instead.

Also, I just installed 2016.2.RC1 and, as I'd recalled and mentioned, the add-ons I added way back when are still there and still active after the upgrade install.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: NVDA 2016.2 RC1

 

Chris,

           When 2016.RC1 became 2016.1 official all I did was an "install over" install even though, in that case RC1 became the official release, so there were no differences.

            NVDA Add-Ons are installed under your own Windows user's Appdata\Roaming\nvda\addons folder, which is unaffected by installing updated versions of NVDA.  The NVDA Addons Manager places add-ons there and if any later installed version sees something there the Add-Ons remain available.  I installed NoBeepsSpeechMode back during the 2015 releases and have never had to reinstall it.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: NVDA 2016.2 RC1

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

So, let me see if I understand this. Once youve downloaded NVDA 2016.2 RC1, when 2016.2 is officially released, you just update NVDA 2016.2 rc1 to the official release?
Also, what about addons? Are you still able to use the addons you've downloaded with release candidate.
Chris


Re: NVDA 2016.2 RC1

mk360
 

the update works.

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Chris Shook <chris0309@...> wrote:
Hi,
What happens when the new version of NVDA 2016.2 comes out if we've downloaded 20.16.2 RC1.
Chris





NVDA 2016.2 RC1

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Hi,
What happens when the new version of NVDA 2016.2 comes out if we've downloaded 20.16.2 RC1.
Chris


Re: NVDA 2016.2: Unable to find 'Play sound for spelling errors while typing' option

Bhavya shah
 

Hi Tyler and Aravind,
Thanks for the help. It was extremely foolish of me not to have
thought of this before.
I enabled the 'report spelling errors' Document Formatting setting and
henceforth appeared the auditory indication option in the Keyboard
Settings dialog. Actually, I don't want verbal reporting at all, only
real-time auditory indications, because I don't want all the proper
nouns I have to frequently use to be flagged incorrect to me all the
time, only a beep would be endurable.
Would it be the case of more users possibly facing this issue and
having this request to receive only auditory warnings and no verbal
feedback for spelling errors?
Thanks.

On 5/26/16, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com> wrote:
hi bavya,
enable the spelling error announcement in documents and settings.
then only, sound alert option will come in keyboard settings.

On 5/26/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:
Its there in keyboard settings here. Its checked by default.


On 5/26/2016 12:58 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.




--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda retail loan factory, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@yahoo.com, aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com.



--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: looking for pls or m3u file of a radio station stream

Lino Morales
 

It can be a mess. A lot of the stations here in the US change streaming providers all the time. Sites like:

www.radio-locator.com

never keep thier links updated. Now for me me its not a big deal anymore if there is no available stream for a stand alone player I.E. Winamp. If the site uses a Flash player I simply go into volume control and turn down the volume level to where I want for Flash.

On 5/26/2016 5:11 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Somebody told me this is done as before people complained every time a stream was moved. In these cases the stream can move but its the responsibility of the web site to make it still work from the same links. Sometimes this works well at other times its a bloomin' mess.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete" <emac00@cogeco.ca>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:46 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] looking for pls or m3u file of a radio station stream



The shout cast site used to be a good source, not sure if still up.

On 5/25/2016 4:16 PM, Gene wrote:
Most stations these days broadcast in Flash and/or HtML5. Saving such
links won't direct you to the actual underlying stream. There is an
underlying stream but the listen links on most station web sites
direct you to the flash or HTMl5 stream, or they are links that open
your browser and cause it to follow scripts to the Flash content.
Sometimes, right clicking and saving links won't work at all because
the site doesn't support saving such links.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Roger Stewart <mailto:paganus2@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:09 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] looking for pls or m3u file of a radio station
stream

Very often, you can just do a right click on the listen link and then
choose save link as and 9 times out of 10 it will save a .pls or .m3u
file for you. The file may not be labeled correctly and may just say
listen.pls or something like that. Just rename it and save it where
you'll know where it is and you're good to go.

Roger








On 5/25/2016 12:05 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am having issues locating pls files or m3us. I listen to lots of
internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all
of the time. I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a
pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard. If
you know of a program please let me know.




.




Re: NVDA 2016.2: Unable to find 'Play sound for spelling errors while typing' option

Aravind R
 

hi bavya,
enable the spelling error announcement in documents and settings.
then only, sound alert option will come in keyboard settings.

On 5/26/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:
Its there in keyboard settings here. Its checked by default.


On 5/26/2016 12:58 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.



--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda retail loan factory, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@yahoo.com, aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com.


Re: NVDA 2016.2: Unable to find 'Play sound for spelling errors while typing' option

Lino Morales
 

Its there in keyboard settings here. Its checked by default.

On 5/26/2016 12:58 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.


the SHOUTCAST site

Lino Morales
 

    Yeah:

www.shoutcast.com

is still up. Radio Nomey bought them along with what was left of Winamp.


On 5/26/2016 12:46 AM, Pete wrote:

 

  The shout cast site used to be a good source, not sure if still up. 

On 5/25/2016 4:16 PM, Gene wrote:
Most stations these days broadcast in Flash and/or HtML5.  Saving such links won't direct you to the actual underlying stream.  There is an underlying stream but the listen links on most station web sites direct you to the flash or HTMl5 stream, or they are links that open your browser and cause it to follow scripts to the Flash content.  Sometimes, right clicking and saving links won't work at all because the site doesn't support saving such links. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] looking for pls or m3u file of a radio station stream

Very often, you can just do a right click on the listen link and then
choose save link as and 9 times out of 10 it will save a .pls or .m3u
file for you. The file may not be labeled correctly and may just say
listen.pls or something like that. Just rename it and save it where
you'll know where it is and you're good to go.

Roger








On 5/25/2016 12:05 PM, Bobby wrote:
> I am having issues locating pls files or m3us.  I listen to lots of
> internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all
> of the time.  I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a
> pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard.  If
> you know of a program please let me know.
>
>
>
>
> .
>






Re: NVDA 2016.2: Unable to find 'Play sound for spelling errors while typing' option

Tyler Spivey
 

1. Are you running 2016.2 RC1? Check in help/about.
2. Under Document Formatting, check Report spelling errors.
When this is checked, Play sound for spelling errors while typing
appears in keyboard preferences.

On 5/25/2016 9:58 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.


Re: NVDA 2016.2 release candidate 1 is out, an audio tutorial on what's new in 2016.2 posted #NVAccess

Lino Morales
 

Spelling error sounds? Cool. This wil help me big time. Thanks.


On 5/26/2016 12:41 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

Yes, indeed the RC1 is out. Featuring spelling error sounds, recognition of grammar errors and more, there’s something for everyone in this update.

The post from NV access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2rc1-released/

Note: This is a release candidate. If everything goes as planned, the official version will be out by next week.

Also, an audio tutorial on what’s new in NVDA 2016.2 has been posted. The direct link is:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/NVDA%202016.2.mp3

 

Note that this might be last What’s New tutorial (unless people say I should continue to produce these). Enjoy.

Cheers,

joseph



Re: NVDA 2016.2

Lino Morales
 

Oh sweet. Didn't know RC 2 was out already. Cool beans.

On 5/26/2016 12:05 AM, Andre Fisher wrote:
NVDA 2016.2rc1 was just released. Check out
http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2rc1-released/
for more information and download. This might mean that the official
release will come out in about a week or so.

On 5/25/16, Chris Shook <chris0309@samobile.net> wrote:
Joseph,
Thanks for the info.
Chris




Re: NVDA 2016.2 release candidate 1 is out, an audio tutorial on what's new in 2016.2 posted #NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Personally sound or voice I find this a bit off-putting, and prefer to check spelling the section is typed. My old Hal used to have this feature and I had to turn it off to stop forgetting what I had typed!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William" <cwwong.pro@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.2 release candidate 1 is out, an audio tutorial on what's new in 2016.2 posted #NVAccess


joseph, once again thanks for you detail demonstration.
I am not sure if I get it wrong or not, is the spelling error sound is
only functioning in MS Office Word? Or it is functioning as long as
office word is installed and typing else where do have the sound effect?
Thanks.

Joseph Lee 於 26/5/2016 12:41 寫道:

Hi everyone,

Yes, indeed the RC1 is out. Featuring spelling error sounds,
recognition of grammar errors and more, there’s something for everyone
in this update.

The post from NV access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2rc1-released/

Note: This is a release candidate. If everything goes as planned, the
official version will be out by next week.

Also, an audio tutorial on what’s new in NVDA 2016.2 has been posted.
The direct link is:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/NVDA%202016.2.mp3

Note that this might be last What’s New tutorial (unless people say I
should continue to produce these). Enjoy.

Cheers,

joseph


Re: NVDA 2016.2: Thoughts on Formatting information dialog

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Hi, I've been playing with this for some time now,and my comments are.
First sometimes it does not read all the formatting info, ie it misses out the bits at the start. However cursoring up seems logical, as its just read the lines so the cursor would logically be below the text not back at the top. However that seems to be dependent on the program, some, for example Dspeech when reading text or making an audio file position the cursor back at the tiop, but this is presumably a simple list and its read, hopefully from the start each time, but several times the font detail is missing unless I cursor up, as if it was overwritten by the second speaking of the word formatting.
I'm using windows 7 a very old copy of Word, which seems to be unsure if its word XP or 2003 most of the time. :-)

I like the feature as its a good snapshot of where you are and more easy to understand than the one we normally toggle on and off.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bhavya shah" <bhavya.shah125@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 6:25 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2016.2: Thoughts on Formatting information dialog


Dear all,
I acknowledge this to be a potentially subjective opinion and
consequently request, but initiating a discussion about the same all
the same, in order to gather more user feedback about this feature.
In NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, you can now press NVDA + F twice in quick
succession to be presented formatting information for the
corresponding text in the form of a navigable dialog.
The two concerns I have here, which are quite trivial, but still
somewhat necessaryare as follows:
When NVDA + F is pressed twice in quick succession -
* NVDA reads all the text of that dialog, i.e. the formatting
information, and then when the user navigates the dialog, he finds
himself at the end of the dialog, and has to up arrow instead of the
usual down arrowing to explore information.
* NVDA says 'formatting' twice, with a pause, which may result in a
momentary delay, as opposed to saying it only once to announce the
opening of the dialog.
Note: I am testing this with Microsoft Office Word 2010, and this, and
my previous observation, both are based on a Windows 8.1 system.
In case these issues are considered more or less important by other
testers than me, and if it is easy enough for developers to speedily
implement and fix, I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09