Date   

Re: google hangouts on the computer using nvda

Kevin Chao
 

Yes, NVDA+SPACEBAR to to switch to focus mode and all of these keyboard commands will work. If in Browse mode, use NVDA+F2 to bypass next keypress.


On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 10:10 PM Governor staten <govsta@...> wrote:

This should help a lot. If I'm correct, you need to be in forms mode for these commands to work.





On 3/27/2016 1:06 AM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Hangouts Keyboard Shortcuts should help:

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM Governor staten <govsta@...> wrote:
Hello guys. I need some advice on how to use nvda with google hangouts.
I have a feeling that this won't be easy. Has anyone here used it
successfully, more than once? If necessary, email me off list.
govsta@... Thanks in advance for all assistance.






Re: google hangouts on the computer using nvda

 

This should help a lot. If I'm correct, you need to be in forms mode for these commands to work.





On 3/27/2016 1:06 AM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Hangouts Keyboard Shortcuts should help:

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM Governor staten <govsta@...> wrote:
Hello guys. I need some advice on how to use nvda with google hangouts.
I have a feeling that this won't be easy. Has anyone here used it
successfully, more than once? If necessary, email me off list.
govsta@... Thanks in advance for all assistance.






Re: google hangouts on the computer using nvda

Kevin Chao
 

Hangouts Keyboard Shortcuts should help:


On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM Governor staten <govsta@...> wrote:
Hello guys. I need some advice on how to use nvda with google hangouts.
I have a feeling that this won't be easy. Has anyone here used it
successfully, more than once? If necessary, email me off list.
govsta@... Thanks in advance for all assistance.





Re: skype going universal

 

Well skype was junk a bit back.
Its still a bit clunky but its better than it was to some extent ie I can use it if I fiddle.
I don't use all its features, skype chat, skype video and audio calls I don't use anything else.
Skype is mostly a modified html page using the ie engine or whatever it uses.
Its probably why they wish to upgrade it, ie is due to get retired, its also heavily flash based as I had to shut down skype to load flash updates.

On 27/03/2016 12:39 p.m., Arlene wrote:
Oh! Okay if yu are using it for work. then by all means use Skype for it! Okay! okay! That makes sense! Then, I'll just retire the idea that it's junk!

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Everiss [mailto:sm.everiss@gmail.com]
Sent: March-26-16 3:48 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] skype going universal

Well I didn't used to care about skype but I have to use it for work and
since most of it is online.
Most work is via text some by audio.
Skype is good for me for the fact that when required family can use
video with eachother, I also have a good quality speaker system for
groups locally in my room.

For me its good to use video if I need to show my face to someone that
has sight.
However I didn't think I'd use it that much its a big part of my life
though.



On 26/03/2016 11:58 p.m., Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
I also use Skype, but didn't text a lot as most of my friends don't use it; instead I used Line on my iPhone and FB chat through the main Facebook site as those are what the majority of my friends use.





google hangouts on the computer using nvda

 

Hello guys. I need some advice on how to use nvda with google hangouts.
I have a feeling that this won't be easy. Has anyone here used it
successfully, more than once? If necessary, email me off list.
govsta@gmail.com Thanks in advance for all assistance.


Re: Performance degradation in current Firefox

 

Hi, thanks for the info; maybe when Chrome 51 is out in the stable channel I may switch to Chrome instead...


Re: Performance degradation in current Firefox

Kevin Chao
 

Fixes for textarea, settings, etc. that are present in Canary V51 will be made available in production-stable in V51--2 versions away.


On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 8:08 PM Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@...> wrote:

Hi, thanks for the link! I'm downloading and installing it right now.

Question...will the fix be present in future Google Chrome stable release?


Re: Performance degradation in current Firefox

 

Hi, thanks for the link! I'm downloading and installing it right now.

Question...will the fix be present in future Google Chrome stable release?


Re: Performance degradation in current Firefox

Kevin Chao
 

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 7:36 PM Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
Textarea bug is fixed in Canary
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 7:21 PM Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@...> wrote:
The only problem with Chrome that I've noticed is that, NVDA and Jaws fail to read the text I typed into an edit box. I experienced this on Facebook, not sure about other websites though.


Re: Performance degradation in current Firefox

Kevin Chao
 

Textarea bug is fixed in Canary

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 7:21 PM Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@...> wrote:
The only problem with Chrome that I've noticed is that, NVDA and Jaws fail to read the text I typed into an edit box. I experienced this on Facebook, not sure about other websites though.


Re: Performance degradation in current Firefox

 

The only problem with Chrome that I've noticed is that, NVDA and Jaws fail to read the text I typed into an edit box. I experienced this on Facebook, not sure about other websites though.


Re: Performance degradation in current Firefox

Kevin Chao
 

One of Chrome's strengths is performance...I experience 0% lag with MVDA when interacting with modern web apps.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 5:11 PM Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@...> wrote:
I noticed performance issues with Firefox as well, but not just with NVDA, but Jaws as well, especially on Facebook where the browser lags. Firefox seemed to perform poorly on my Surface 3, despite not having any addons installed.


Re: Performance degradation in current Firefox

 

I noticed performance issues with Firefox as well, but not just with NVDA, but Jaws as well, especially on Facebook where the browser lags. Firefox seemed to perform poorly on my Surface 3, despite not having any addons installed.


Re: Google Chrome Settings

Gene
 

Thank you.  My version is 49.0.2623.108
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Chao
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

Type following in Omnibar for version number: chrome://version
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:49 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
My previous version was 49x it may have been something like 49.9 and perhaps a few more numbers.  I had the same inability to use quick navigation keys in that version.  My program updated today when I was trying to get my version information.  I couldn't get it properly because such trivial information is no longer visible to screen-readers, at least not the two I tested with, an older version of NVDA and an older version of JAWS.  I didn't test with a newer version of NVDA but I doubt it matters.  Whatever the newest general release version is, that should be the one I have. 
 
But don't worry.  Evidently, things work properly in Canary so one of these days, they will probably work properly one or two versions from now.  Then everything will be wonderful again until the developers break something else, may be six or eight months from now.
 
I'm sorry, but I have no patience for companies that profess a strong commitment to accessibility repeatedly and then don't examine their browser to make sure they don't break things.  And to make matters worse, you don't have any control over updates.  You can't turn off updates. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

Hi Gene

Yes, it’s the standard Chrome release that is causing me greif.  I’m using 2016.1 on version 49 of Chrome.  NVDA version 2015.4 worked fine with Chrome version 48, so it would be helpful if you could confirm your Chrome and NVDA versions and whether quick nav keys work in the settings page for you.    

 

Cheers

Chris

From: Gene [mailto:gsasner@...]
Sent: 26 March 2016 19:36
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

But you said you are using Canary.  I'm not.  I believe Canary is many versions ahead of what most users have.  Maybe the developers corrected the problems being discussed in later versions.  That, in my opinion, really doesn't make it alright for them to break things off and on in their rush to upgrade.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Kevin Chao

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:25 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Settings, about, version, etc. are all accessible with NVDA 2016.1 for me

 

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I seem to recall being able to use quick navigation keys awhile ago.  This may be just one more regression in the Chrome interface because, as I said, I couldn't use them recently.  that was with the same older version of NVDA. 

 

I also found, recently, that much of the about text was no longer accessible. 

 

It looks as though you will have to move through everything item by item, thanks to Chrome's obsession with upgrading the browser frenetically and not having perhaps the time or perhaps the staff to check to see if they have damaged or broken accessibility.  As I recall, I used to be able to use the search feature in NVDA so I could move very quickly to something I already knew was on the page.  I couldn't the last time I tried.  . 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:00 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Could you confirm the Crome version on that?  I’m using Chrome version 49.0.2623.87 and when I load the Settings, NVDA lands me in a Search edit box and even though i have got automatic focus  mode for focus changes and Caret movement checked in the NVDA Browse settings, focus and browse modes do not engage and if invoked manually via NVDA+spacebar, Quick nav keys such as h and d will still not work.    

 

I’ve loaded Chrome Canary and the quick keys work fine on the settings page.  It’s driving me mad.

 

Cheers

Chris    

From: Kevin Chao [mailto:kevinchao89@...]
Sent: 26 March 2016 14:51
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Chrome settings seems all accessible with quick-nav keys here

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 6:33 AM Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi

      Is anyone using Google Chrome and can they confirm if the settings page is accessible using navigation quick keys?

 

Cheers

Chris

 

 

My chris.mullins4@... address will soon be closed

Please substitute this new address in your contacts list

 


Re: Google Chrome Settings

Kevin Chao
 

Type following in Omnibar for version number: chrome://version

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:49 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
My previous version was 49x it may have been something like 49.9 and perhaps a few more numbers.  I had the same inability to use quick navigation keys in that version.  My program updated today when I was trying to get my version information.  I couldn't get it properly because such trivial information is no longer visible to screen-readers, at least not the two I tested with, an older version of NVDA and an older version of JAWS.  I didn't test with a newer version of NVDA but I doubt it matters.  Whatever the newest general release version is, that should be the one I have. 
 
But don't worry.  Evidently, things work properly in Canary so one of these days, they will probably work properly one or two versions from now.  Then everything will be wonderful again until the developers break something else, may be six or eight months from now.
 
I'm sorry, but I have no patience for companies that profess a strong commitment to accessibility repeatedly and then don't examine their browser to make sure they don't break things.  And to make matters worse, you don't have any control over updates.  You can't turn off updates. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

Hi Gene

Yes, it’s the standard Chrome release that is causing me greif.  I’m using 2016.1 on version 49 of Chrome.  NVDA version 2015.4 worked fine with Chrome version 48, so it would be helpful if you could confirm your Chrome and NVDA versions and whether quick nav keys work in the settings page for you.    

 

Cheers

Chris

From: Gene [mailto:gsasner@...]
Sent: 26 March 2016 19:36
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

But you said you are using Canary.  I'm not.  I believe Canary is many versions ahead of what most users have.  Maybe the developers corrected the problems being discussed in later versions.  That, in my opinion, really doesn't make it alright for them to break things off and on in their rush to upgrade.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Kevin Chao

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:25 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Settings, about, version, etc. are all accessible with NVDA 2016.1 for me

 

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I seem to recall being able to use quick navigation keys awhile ago.  This may be just one more regression in the Chrome interface because, as I said, I couldn't use them recently.  that was with the same older version of NVDA. 

 

I also found, recently, that much of the about text was no longer accessible. 

 

It looks as though you will have to move through everything item by item, thanks to Chrome's obsession with upgrading the browser frenetically and not having perhaps the time or perhaps the staff to check to see if they have damaged or broken accessibility.  As I recall, I used to be able to use the search feature in NVDA so I could move very quickly to something I already knew was on the page.  I couldn't the last time I tried.  . 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:00 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Could you confirm the Crome version on that?  I’m using Chrome version 49.0.2623.87 and when I load the Settings, NVDA lands me in a Search edit box and even though i have got automatic focus  mode for focus changes and Caret movement checked in the NVDA Browse settings, focus and browse modes do not engage and if invoked manually via NVDA+spacebar, Quick nav keys such as h and d will still not work.    

 

I’ve loaded Chrome Canary and the quick keys work fine on the settings page.  It’s driving me mad.

 

Cheers

Chris    

From: Kevin Chao [mailto:kevinchao89@...]
Sent: 26 March 2016 14:51
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Chrome settings seems all accessible with quick-nav keys here

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 6:33 AM Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi

      Is anyone using Google Chrome and can they confirm if the settings page is accessible using navigation quick keys?

 

Cheers

Chris

 

 

My chris.mullins4@... address will soon be closed

Please substitute this new address in your contacts list

 


Re: Google Chrome Settings

Gene
 

My previous version was 49x it may have been something like 49.9 and perhaps a few more numbers.  I had the same inability to use quick navigation keys in that version.  My program updated today when I was trying to get my version information.  I couldn't get it properly because such trivial information is no longer visible to screen-readers, at least not the two I tested with, an older version of NVDA and an older version of JAWS.  I didn't test with a newer version of NVDA but I doubt it matters.  Whatever the newest general release version is, that should be the one I have. 
 
But don't worry.  Evidently, things work properly in Canary so one of these days, they will probably work properly one or two versions from now.  Then everything will be wonderful again until the developers break something else, may be six or eight months from now.
 
I'm sorry, but I have no patience for companies that profess a strong commitment to accessibility repeatedly and then don't examine their browser to make sure they don't break things.  And to make matters worse, you don't have any control over updates.  You can't turn off updates. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

Hi Gene

Yes, it’s the standard Chrome release that is causing me greif.  I’m using 2016.1 on version 49 of Chrome.  NVDA version 2015.4 worked fine with Chrome version 48, so it would be helpful if you could confirm your Chrome and NVDA versions and whether quick nav keys work in the settings page for you.    

 

Cheers

Chris

From: Gene [mailto:gsasner@...]
Sent: 26 March 2016 19:36
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

But you said you are using Canary.  I'm not.  I believe Canary is many versions ahead of what most users have.  Maybe the developers corrected the problems being discussed in later versions.  That, in my opinion, really doesn't make it alright for them to break things off and on in their rush to upgrade.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Kevin Chao

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:25 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Settings, about, version, etc. are all accessible with NVDA 2016.1 for me

 

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I seem to recall being able to use quick navigation keys awhile ago.  This may be just one more regression in the Chrome interface because, as I said, I couldn't use them recently.  that was with the same older version of NVDA. 

 

I also found, recently, that much of the about text was no longer accessible. 

 

It looks as though you will have to move through everything item by item, thanks to Chrome's obsession with upgrading the browser frenetically and not having perhaps the time or perhaps the staff to check to see if they have damaged or broken accessibility.  As I recall, I used to be able to use the search feature in NVDA so I could move very quickly to something I already knew was on the page.  I couldn't the last time I tried.  . 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:00 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Could you confirm the Crome version on that?  I’m using Chrome version 49.0.2623.87 and when I load the Settings, NVDA lands me in a Search edit box and even though i have got automatic focus  mode for focus changes and Caret movement checked in the NVDA Browse settings, focus and browse modes do not engage and if invoked manually via NVDA+spacebar, Quick nav keys such as h and d will still not work.    

 

I’ve loaded Chrome Canary and the quick keys work fine on the settings page.  It’s driving me mad.

 

Cheers

Chris    

From: Kevin Chao [mailto:kevinchao89@...]
Sent: 26 March 2016 14:51
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

 

Chrome settings seems all accessible with quick-nav keys here

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 6:33 AM Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi

      Is anyone using Google Chrome and can they confirm if the settings page is accessible using navigation quick keys?

 

Cheers

Chris

 

 

My chris.mullins4@... address will soon be closed

Please substitute this new address in your contacts list

 


Re: skype going universal

Arlene
 

Oh! Okay if yu are using it for work. then by all means use Skype for it! Okay! okay! That makes sense! Then, I'll just retire the idea that it's junk!

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Everiss [mailto:sm.everiss@gmail.com]
Sent: March-26-16 3:48 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] skype going universal

Well I didn't used to care about skype but I have to use it for work and
since most of it is online.
Most work is via text some by audio.
Skype is good for me for the fact that when required family can use
video with eachother, I also have a good quality speaker system for
groups locally in my room.

For me its good to use video if I need to show my face to someone that
has sight.
However I didn't think I'd use it that much its a big part of my life
though.



On 26/03/2016 11:58 p.m., Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
I also use Skype, but didn't text a lot as most of my friends don't use it; instead I used Line on my iPhone and FB chat through the main Facebook site as those are what the majority of my friends use.


Re: skype going universal

Arlene
 

Oh, that must have been a big scare! I'm glad you got it fixed! I'm joking! I say skype is junk! Loll!

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Everiss [mailto:sm.everiss@gmail.com]
Sent: March-25-16 10:27 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] skype going universal

Well I do use it and I like it.
There is no other way to chat without skype now.
And I am used to it, the desktop interface is mostly ok.
However according to ms skype support it will be a while before they
quit using the thing.
I have heard that miranda can interface with skype, and if that is the
case if it can run without skype I may try that, and also may uuse it
instead.
The only big issue with skype is because I have so many capture devices,
vertual and real mics and sound devices sometimes skype has issues
finding the right device.
So then it will start, stop all sound and lock the system for 5 minutes
while it tries to find out.
I got really angery at this a couple weeks back and thought that I'd
just go and bash the computer or reformat it and then smash it but I
went into the settings andd what do you know?
Every input device was set on a capture device which is part of a
vertual recorder which isn't even supposed to be used and I was able to
switch it to the right device and have it stay there by default and
although I have updated it its never tried to scan again!



On 26/03/2016 4:30 p.m., Arlene wrote:
I don’t use it either. Joking! In case people use it. Skype is junk!

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: March-25-16 3:21 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] skype going universal

Seems a bit daft to cut any form of existing system that gives more people
access.
I hardly ever use Skype any more. Its about time that Apple released their
system so third party providors could add it to other platforms.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 5:58 AM
Subject: [nvda] skype going universal


Hi.
Forgot what list this origionally came on but someone was talking about an
app releasefor skype and the phasing out of desktop.
I did a chat with support, who told me that they were not even planning to
release the universal just yet and don't know when that will be.
I asked them to give us a classic interface with same keyboard layout and
no ribbons weather this changes things I don't know but at least I tried.









Re: prevent pages from refreshing

Kevin Chao
 

What help is needed with these 2? Details are sparse in request.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:31 PM mr. Chikodinaka Oguledo&mrs. AdonnihHappiness Obima Oguledo <happychikao@...> wrote:
hello the lady. on this needs help with www.gmail.com &google.com
email see u next week

On 3/26/16, Patrick Le Baudour <p.lebaudour@...> wrote:
> Ah... looks like it's not the page that's 'refreshing' every time, it's
> part of the content that's changed. Since some of those changes can be
> needed on the same site (like adding somethingh to the cart feedback),
> it would probably mean trying   to stop timer events. Not sure how hard
> that'd  be, but probably all but trivial.
>
> -- Patrick
> Le 26/03/2016 21:47, Kevin Chao a écrit :
>> http://shouldiuseacarousel.com
>> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 1:43 PM Mallard <mallard@...
>> <mailto:mallard@...>> wrote:
>>
>>     Now then,
>>
>>     The issue exists, because there are forums discussing it for devs.
>> They
>>     call the thing "Carousels" or "slideshows", or something else that I
>>     can't remember now.
>>
>>     I provided an example of a site
>>
>>     www.esselungaacasa.it <http://www.esselungaacasa.it>
>>
>>     But I'm afraid you ahve to log in with username and password to see
>> that
>>     particular area of the sit.
>>     Actually, "that particular area" is supposed to be in the Accessible
>>     section of the site, and it's the whole Supermarket area...
>>
>>     Firefox 45.0.1, Latest NvDA Next Snapshot, Espeak, Freedom
>> Scientific's
>>     pm 40 3.70 braille display.
>>     Ollie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>     Il 26/03/2016 20:36, Lino Morales ha scritto:
>>      > Kevin here is one. If any of you are fans of Rick Dees and the
>> Weekly
>>      > Top 40 his site refreshes a lot.
>>      > www.rick.com <http://www.rick.com>
>>      >
>>      > On 3/26/2016 3:34 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
>>      >> Can someone please provide examples of thes type of sites?
>>      >>
>>      >> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM Arno Schuh
>>     <arno.schuh@... <mailto:arno.schuh@...>>
>>      >> wrote:
>>      >>
>>      >>     Hi,
>>      >>
>>      >>     Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 17:40 schrieb Gene
>>     <gsasner@... <mailto:gsasner@...>>:
>>      >>
>>      >>     > Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in
>>     Internet
>>      >>     > Explorer?
>>      >>
>>      >>     That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate
>> and
>>      >>     deactivate
>>      >>     this option anytime you came across such a site.
>>      >>     In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and
>>     simply
>>      >>     press
>>      >>     letter s again to set it free again.
>>      >>     And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh
>> option
>>      >>     deactivated,
>>      >>     because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you
>>     can't log
>>      >>     in some
>>      >>     site, can't select list items in a list etc.
>>      >>
>>      >>     So a simple feature like in Cobra would be pretty helpful
>> when
>>      >>     you came
>>      >>     across such a site.
>>      >>
>>      >>     Yours sincerely
>>      >>
>>      >>     Arno
>>      >>
>>      >>
>>      >>
>>      >>
>>      >>
>>      >
>>      >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>


--
• Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
 Watch your words, for they become actions.
 Watch your actions, for they become habits.
 Watch your habits, for they become character.
 Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.




Re: prevent pages from refreshing

mr. Chikodinaka Oguledo&mrs. AdonnihHappiness Obima Oguledo
 

hello the lady. on this needs help with www.gmail.com &google.com
email see u next week

On 3/26/16, Patrick Le Baudour <p.lebaudour@gmail.com> wrote:
Ah... looks like it's not the page that's 'refreshing' every time, it's
part of the content that's changed. Since some of those changes can be
needed on the same site (like adding somethingh to the cart feedback),
it would probably mean trying to stop timer events. Not sure how hard
that'd be, but probably all but trivial.

-- Patrick
Le 26/03/2016 21:47, Kevin Chao a écrit :
http://shouldiuseacarousel.com
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 1:43 PM Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu
<mailto:mallard@kimabe.eu>> wrote:

Now then,

The issue exists, because there are forums discussing it for devs.
They
call the thing "Carousels" or "slideshows", or something else that I
can't remember now.

I provided an example of a site

www.esselungaacasa.it <http://www.esselungaacasa.it>

But I'm afraid you ahve to log in with username and password to see
that
particular area of the sit.
Actually, "that particular area" is supposed to be in the Accessible
section of the site, and it's the whole Supermarket area...

Firefox 45.0.1, Latest NvDA Next Snapshot, Espeak, Freedom
Scientific's
pm 40 3.70 braille display.
Ollie




Il 26/03/2016 20:36, Lino Morales ha scritto:
> Kevin here is one. If any of you are fans of Rick Dees and the
Weekly
> Top 40 his site refreshes a lot.
> www.rick.com <http://www.rick.com>
>
> On 3/26/2016 3:34 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
>> Can someone please provide examples of thes type of sites?
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM Arno Schuh
<arno.schuh@in-trier.de <mailto:arno.schuh@in-trier.de>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 17:40 schrieb Gene
<gsasner@ripco.com <mailto:gsasner@ripco.com>>:
>>
>> > Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in
Internet
>> > Explorer?
>>
>> That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate
and
>> deactivate
>> this option anytime you came across such a site.
>> In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and
simply
>> press
>> letter s again to set it free again.
>> And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh
option
>> deactivated,
>> because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you
can't log
>> in some
>> site, can't select list items in a list etc.
>>
>> So a simple feature like in Cobra would be pretty helpful
when
>> you came
>> across such a site.
>>
>> Yours sincerely
>>
>> Arno
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>






--
• Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.