Date   

online training on web development and word press for visually impaired.

accessible tech malayalam
 

Hello dear visually impaired friends,
Greetings from vi tech world!
Technology is developing in various different fields.
But, the future of technology is going to depend on websites and
web-based systems.
We, vi tech world is starting a training on fundamentals of web
development and WordPress for visually impaired learners.
Web development is a most demanded topic in the tech market since 2011.
This training is fully beginner level, and 100% accessible for
visually impaired candidates.
Anyone who has intermediate computer usage experience can join this course.
Note: no programming knowledge required.

Course details.
Name: fundamentals of web development and WordPress.
Start date for registration: May 6, 2021.
End date for registration: May 11, 2021.
Cost for the training: 3 USD or 221 INR.
Course duration: 20 days.

Concepts covered
1. Fundamentals of html.
2. Fundamentals of CSS
3. Structural designing of websites for beginners.
4. Basics of domain, hosting.
5. Localhost for development.
6. Hosting/ server management.
7. SSL and Cloudflare.
8. Introduction to PHP scripts and basic installation of WordPress.
9. Fundamental setup of WordPress.
10. Designing website interface.
11. WordPress themes and plugins.
12. Registering as a freelancer for online jobs on web development.
13. Conclusion.

Prerequisites
Any visually impaired person that meets following criteria can join
this training.
· Should be a visually impaired person
· Should understand English
· Should know at least basic computer skills and screen reader usage.
· Should have their own laptop/desktop with windows 10).
· Should have an active internet connection
· Should be able to give 1 hour time per day for the course.

For more info and registration, contact us:
Email: haroonkareemofficial@gmail.com
Phone; +91 7593988738
WhatsApp: +918943031760
Telegram: https://t.me/tech_explorers

--
with best regards, Haroon kareem T.K


Using gmail with "Basic HTML view" vs. "standard view"

Louise Pfau
 

Hi.  I find it easier to navigate the gmail interface with “Basic HTML view” vs. “Standard view”.  This is probably due to the fact that when I was first taught how to set up and work with my gmail account, I was instructed to use “Basic HTML view” in order to get the most accessible interface. I know this is not strictly related to NVDA though.
 
Louise


Re: Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

Mallard
 

Hello,


Thanks... No. The thingy isn't working well atall!


I have had this Seika v5 for almost eight years now, but I had used it mostly as a reading device unconnected to a pc, as it can read fro a pendrive.


Now that my pm 40 is practically ead, and most of all, now that I'm mainly using Zhengdu Screen rEader (that only supporta Seika displays), I am using the device on my pc, also with NVDA.


While it works on Zhengdu, it doesn't on NVDA, forthe reasons I stated in my previous message.


You can't scroll horizontally, which is a really time-consuming operation, but I needit for many differentl anguages.


I hopethe issue is solved soon...


Ciao, stay safe, and thanks for replying!

Ollie

On 05/05/2021 18:05, Deenadayalan Moodley wrote:
Hi Ollie,

I recently had to setup a Seika V5 braille display. According to the person who is using it, it is now working well. But, I must add, it is the first time this person is using a braille display and may not be getting the best out of this unit.

Thanks.


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Wednesday, 05 May 2021 13:00
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

Hello all,


For ages now, the Seika braille displays no longer work with NVDA. there are several issues, some of which have always been there, but the most annoying one, which prevents me from owrking at all, is the impossibility to pan horizontally along a line.


One can only see the first 40 charachets of any line, after which there is no other way to move on than right-arrowing till the display finally reaches the second part of the line.


I read more than once, on this list as well, that the problem was being worked on, but to date I have no news of a solution.


Have i missed anything? It's quite possible, sice I haven't followed the
list much lately, but I haven't found naything relevant in the arhive.


Sorry if there are posts that I have missed.


Mods, please, don't bite my head off if the question has already been
answered! lol!


Stay safe,

Ollie










Re: Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

Mallard
 

Hello Joseph,


Many thanks for your reply - kind and exhaustive as usual.


Stay well and stay safe,

Ollie

On 05/05/2021 18:13, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
It is indeed being worked on - latest news from GitHub is that folks are testing it after porting Seika driver to Python 3, which took a while to complete.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

Hello all,


For ages now, the Seika braille displays no longer work with NVDA. there are several issues, some of which have always been there, but the most annoying one, which prevents me from owrking at all, is the impossibility to pan horizontally along a line.


One can only see the first 40 charachets of any line, after which there is no other way to move on than right-arrowing till the display finally reaches the second part of the line.


I read more than once, on this list as well, that the problem was being worked on, but to date I have no news of a solution.


Have i missed anything? It's quite possible, sice I haven't followed the
list much lately, but I haven't found naything relevant in the arhive.


Sorry if there are posts that I have missed.


Mods, please, don't bite my head off if the question has already been
answered! lol!


Stay safe,

Ollie










Re: NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

Sarah k Alawami
 

EWW. No. I love outlook and use it. I can’t open multiple conversation’s in separate windows at once in gmail and read them all at once, or rather I can’t open multiple threads of a conversation all at once and read that in gmail. I can do that in outlook just fine. I also cannot do delayed sending, go offline and still write messages, and so much more. Plus it works grate with NvDA now that I know its quirks. I only use gmail to manage my labels as that is easier.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nimer Jaber
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 9:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

 

Just use Gmail on the web with the standard interface and see all your Outlook frustrations go out the window.

 

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 9:24 AM Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

NVDA is pretty inefficient with Outlook I would say.

 

Just load Narrator, check the box in settings that says Make The Narrator More Efficient in outlook and be happy.

 

It will just read the messages, no fuss.

 

NVDA’s problem is that it can’t cope well with graphics heavy messages, it appears to me.

 

All the best


Steve

 

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

 

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Peters
Sent: 22 April 2021 15:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

 

Greetings,

 

I am a IT guy trying to find solutions for a colleague who uses NVDA. A quick history. My colleague was first introduced to NVDA about a year ago when his computer was upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 10. This required a new screen reader solution which is when I found NVDA. He started using NVDA with relatively few issues and it was running well for the last year. He predominantly uses the desktop for email and OCR tasks so I had Office 2016 and Kurzweil 1000 installed. Recently his computer needed replacement so I set him up with a new computer with Windows 10 release 19042 and Office 2019. We immediately had issues with Outlook. Most of the issues revolve around opening of the email message. Initially I thought this may be due to the Office 2019 install so I rolled it back to Office 2016. This helped a little but issues still exist. One example that started today rather abruptly was that NVDA would read the header information for the message that was opened but would not read the body. I found that I could get some read by right clicking the mouse then left clicking, but that would only read the line the cursor was on. I’ve tried restarting both NVDA and Outlook as well as the computer without any success. I feel like I may not have Outlook or NVDA configured properly. Could anyone provide some insight on what maybe happening and any steps I could take towards rectifying it?

 

Matt Peters

Network & Systems Administrator

St. Johnsbury Academy

mpeters@...

(802) 751-2390​

 

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.


 

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.


Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

 

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

 

Hi,

I and others can confirm Brian’s assertion, as Office releases from 2016 onwards are numbered 16.0 internally – what’s different is build number (third and fourth number) and the maintenance branch they come from). This will also be the case for Office 2021 as it is a culmination of work done in Microsoft 365 since Office 2019 with certain features turned off.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 9:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

 

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

How is outlook 360 (sic) more accessible than outlook?

-
That claim was never made.   All versions of Outlook from 2016 forward come from the same common code base, and are substantially similar, all the way through 365.  Note that "substantially similar" is not "exactly the same in every respect," but mighty darned close for most routine tasks.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: Reading MS Outlook emails with UIA settings

 

Hi,

To add to Brian’s remarks, I would say not many users are aware of UIA settings as it is housed under Advanced settings category, although that might be changing as I and others talked about what they are and how they work in recent posts. As for these settings being optimized for configuration profiles, not really - this is true for selective UIA event registration setting as changing it requires restarting NVDA due to the way NVDA communicates with UI Automation facility on Windows.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 9:45 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading MS Outlook emails with UIA settings

 

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 06:49 AM, Vaibhav Saraf wrote:

In general how many users would be reading Outlook emails with UIA on?

-
I don't care what the particular setting happens to be, the base presumption should be that if it's not the default setting it's not likely to have been customized.

It's safest to presume that the majority of your users will have "out of the box" settings for most everything.  Of course, there will be exceptions, and that's exactly what they are, exceptions to the general rule. 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

 

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:
How is outlook 360 (sic) more accessible than outlook?
-
That claim was never made.   All versions of Outlook from 2016 forward come from the same common code base, and are substantially similar, all the way through 365.  Note that "substantially similar" is not "exactly the same in every respect," but mighty darned close for most routine tasks.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: Reading MS Outlook emails with UIA settings

 

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 06:49 AM, Vaibhav Saraf wrote:
In general how many users would be reading Outlook emails with UIA on?
-
I don't care what the particular setting happens to be, the base presumption should be that if it's not the default setting it's not likely to have been customized.

It's safest to presume that the majority of your users will have "out of the box" settings for most everything.  Of course, there will be exceptions, and that's exactly what they are, exceptions to the general rule. 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: Reading MS Outlook emails with UIA settings

Mike Sedmak
 

I would highly recommend that you first start by creating a profile
for outlook, that way the UAI changes only apply to outlook.
From the NVDA menu select: Configuration profiles.
You could either create a manual profile so you can turn on UAI only
when desired. Or you could set it as an automatic profile )assuming
you opened the NVDA menu while Outlook was the focused application)



You can enable UAI in the NVDA settings.

preferences -> settings -> advanced
Read the warning and check the box to say you understand the risk

Go to the "Microsoft UI Automation" section
I turned on:

1. Enable selective registration for UI Automation events and property changes
2. Use UI Automation to access Microsoft Word document controls when available

On 5/5/21, Vaibhav Saraf <vaibhav.s.acc@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Group,

In recent times I have seen many discussions around reading Outlook emails
with UIA settings on. Today I got a particular instance where I might need
to use that.

My teammate sent me a shape from Outlook Insert tab options with an alt on
it. NVDA doesn't recognizes it, Narrator reads it comfortably. I guess it
can be a protocol issue. Can someone guide me on how to turn on UIA in my
NVDA?

Also there is a question from my teammate's side. If she is going to put
this in a marketing campaign and send then what is the amount of users she
will be actually addressing? Considering that most sr users in her target
are NVDA users. In general how many users would be reading Outlook emails
with UIA on?

Thanks,
Vaibhav






Re: NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

Nimer Jaber
 

Seriously though, Matt, this sounds like odd behavior. I am wondering whether browse mode is on or off when trying to read the messages, whether Outlook is maximized, whether any additional add-ons are running... also, I don't like to assume, so what keyboard keys are being used to read messages in Outlook?


On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 9:24 AM Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

NVDA is pretty inefficient with Outlook I would say.

 

Just load Narrator, check the box in settings that says Make The Narrator More Efficient in outlook and be happy.

 

It will just read the messages, no fuss.

 

NVDA’s problem is that it can’t cope well with graphics heavy messages, it appears to me.

 

All the best


Steve

 

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

 

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Peters
Sent: 22 April 2021 15:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

 

Greetings,

 

I am a IT guy trying to find solutions for a colleague who uses NVDA. A quick history. My colleague was first introduced to NVDA about a year ago when his computer was upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 10. This required a new screen reader solution which is when I found NVDA. He started using NVDA with relatively few issues and it was running well for the last year. He predominantly uses the desktop for email and OCR tasks so I had Office 2016 and Kurzweil 1000 installed. Recently his computer needed replacement so I set him up with a new computer with Windows 10 release 19042 and Office 2019. We immediately had issues with Outlook. Most of the issues revolve around opening of the email message. Initially I thought this may be due to the Office 2019 install so I rolled it back to Office 2016. This helped a little but issues still exist. One example that started today rather abruptly was that NVDA would read the header information for the message that was opened but would not read the body. I found that I could get some read by right clicking the mouse then left clicking, but that would only read the line the cursor was on. I’ve tried restarting both NVDA and Outlook as well as the computer without any success. I feel like I may not have Outlook or NVDA configured properly. Could anyone provide some insight on what maybe happening and any steps I could take towards rectifying it?

 

Matt Peters

Network & Systems Administrator

St. Johnsbury Academy

mpeters@...

(802) 751-2390​

 

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.



--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

Nimer Jaber
 

Just use Gmail on the web with the standard interface and see all your Outlook frustrations go out the window.


On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 9:24 AM Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

NVDA is pretty inefficient with Outlook I would say.

 

Just load Narrator, check the box in settings that says Make The Narrator More Efficient in outlook and be happy.

 

It will just read the messages, no fuss.

 

NVDA’s problem is that it can’t cope well with graphics heavy messages, it appears to me.

 

All the best


Steve

 

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

 

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Peters
Sent: 22 April 2021 15:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

 

Greetings,

 

I am a IT guy trying to find solutions for a colleague who uses NVDA. A quick history. My colleague was first introduced to NVDA about a year ago when his computer was upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 10. This required a new screen reader solution which is when I found NVDA. He started using NVDA with relatively few issues and it was running well for the last year. He predominantly uses the desktop for email and OCR tasks so I had Office 2016 and Kurzweil 1000 installed. Recently his computer needed replacement so I set him up with a new computer with Windows 10 release 19042 and Office 2019. We immediately had issues with Outlook. Most of the issues revolve around opening of the email message. Initially I thought this may be due to the Office 2019 install so I rolled it back to Office 2016. This helped a little but issues still exist. One example that started today rather abruptly was that NVDA would read the header information for the message that was opened but would not read the body. I found that I could get some read by right clicking the mouse then left clicking, but that would only read the line the cursor was on. I’ve tried restarting both NVDA and Outlook as well as the computer without any success. I feel like I may not have Outlook or NVDA configured properly. Could anyone provide some insight on what maybe happening and any steps I could take towards rectifying it?

 

Matt Peters

Network & Systems Administrator

St. Johnsbury Academy

mpeters@...

(802) 751-2390​

 

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.



--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

Steve Nutt
 

Hi,

 

NVDA is pretty inefficient with Outlook I would say.

 

Just load Narrator, check the box in settings that says Make The Narrator More Efficient in outlook and be happy.

 

It will just read the messages, no fuss.

 

NVDA’s problem is that it can’t cope well with graphics heavy messages, it appears to me.

 

All the best


Steve

 

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

 

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Peters
Sent: 22 April 2021 15:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA - Inconsistent Behavior when working with MS-Outlook

 

Greetings,

 

I am a IT guy trying to find solutions for a colleague who uses NVDA. A quick history. My colleague was first introduced to NVDA about a year ago when his computer was upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 10. This required a new screen reader solution which is when I found NVDA. He started using NVDA with relatively few issues and it was running well for the last year. He predominantly uses the desktop for email and OCR tasks so I had Office 2016 and Kurzweil 1000 installed. Recently his computer needed replacement so I set him up with a new computer with Windows 10 release 19042 and Office 2019. We immediately had issues with Outlook. Most of the issues revolve around opening of the email message. Initially I thought this may be due to the Office 2019 install so I rolled it back to Office 2016. This helped a little but issues still exist. One example that started today rather abruptly was that NVDA would read the header information for the message that was opened but would not read the body. I found that I could get some read by right clicking the mouse then left clicking, but that would only read the line the cursor was on. I’ve tried restarting both NVDA and Outlook as well as the computer without any success. I feel like I may not have Outlook or NVDA configured properly. Could anyone provide some insight on what maybe happening and any steps I could take towards rectifying it?

 

Matt Peters

Network & Systems Administrator

St. Johnsbury Academy

mpeters@...

(802) 751-2390​

 

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.


Re: Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

 

Hi,
It is indeed being worked on - latest news from GitHub is that folks are testing it after porting Seika driver to Python 3, which took a while to complete.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

Hello all,


For ages now, the Seika braille displays no longer work with NVDA. there are several issues, some of which have always been there, but the most annoying one, which prevents me from owrking at all, is the impossibility to pan horizontally along a line.


One can only see the first 40 charachets of any line, after which there is no other way to move on than right-arrowing till the display finally reaches the second part of the line.


I read more than once, on this list as well, that the problem was being worked on, but to date I have no news of a solution.


Have i missed anything? It's quite possible, sice I haven't followed the
list much lately, but I haven't found naything relevant in the arhive.


Sorry if there are posts that I have missed.


Mods, please, don't bite my head off if the question has already been
answered! lol!


Stay safe,

Ollie


Re: Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

Deenadayalan Moodley
 

Hi Ollie,

I recently had to setup a Seika V5 braille display. According to the person who is using it, it is now working well. But, I must add, it is the first time this person is using a braille display and may not be getting the best out of this unit.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Wednesday, 05 May 2021 13:00
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

Hello all,


For ages now, the Seika braille displays no longer work with NVDA. there are several issues, some of which have always been there, but the most annoying one, which prevents me from owrking at all, is the impossibility to pan horizontally along a line.


One can only see the first 40 charachets of any line, after which there is no other way to move on than right-arrowing till the display finally reaches the second part of the line.


I read more than once, on this list as well, that the problem was being worked on, but to date I have no news of a solution.


Have i missed anything? It's quite possible, sice I haven't followed the
list much lately, but I haven't found naything relevant in the arhive.


Sorry if there are posts that I have missed.


Mods, please, don't bite my head off if the question has already been
answered! lol!


Stay safe,

Ollie


Re: Focus 14 Braille display and NVDA

dennis huckle
 

Thanks Brian,

I have contacted the developer as you kindly suggested.

I feel sure that something will bee achieved.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 05 May 2021 16:40
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Focus 14 Braille display and NVDA

 

Dennis,

           This add-on is still under active development and maintenance.  If you are sufficiently Python-proficient to make these sorts of changes, I would strongly encourage you to make contact with the current maintainers of the add-on and discuss joining them in the effort.

            The page Rui cited gives the email address of the primary (perhaps sole) developer:  André-Abush CLAUSE <dev@...>         
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: OCR with NVDA

Bernd Dorer
 

Hi Quentin,

i tried to scan a pdf in full screen mode and the results wit windows 10 OCR were really bad while ocr with tesserract were really good. In my point of view the OCR addon should updated with a new versio of tesserract.
I asked the Author which is busy at the moment.

best regards

Bernd

Am 05.05.2021 um 01:54 schrieb Quentin Christensen:

NVDA will work on scanned PDFs, although with the caveat noted earlier about the amount visible on screen.

I believe, Jaws has a commercial OCR engine, and just like Eloquence, the cost of that is part of what you pay for Jaws.  If you would like the same for NVDA, purchasing something like Abbyy FineReader will give you more OCR functionality using NVDA.

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 3:39 AM David Kingsbury <davidkingsbury77@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I was trying to recognize a scanned PDF. JAWS Convenient OCR does this very nicely, but after first saying “empty document.” Sounds like the NVDA OCR will not work on scanned PDFs if they start out as empty documents. Is this correct?

David



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Re: Focus 14 Braille display and NVDA

 

Dennis,

           This add-on is still under active development and maintenance.  If you are sufficiently Python-proficient to make these sorts of changes, I would strongly encourage you to make contact with the current maintainers of the add-on and discuss joining them in the effort.

            The page Rui cited gives the email address of the primary (perhaps sole) developer:  André-Abush CLAUSE <>         
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: Focus 14 Braille display and NVDA

dennis huckle
 

Thanks Brian,

I’ll have another look but can’t find any keystrokes that allow me to do what I want.

There are about 66 key strokes listed like ctrl.

Function keys and alt.

But no notification as to how to follow ctrl with n or alt f.

Thanks kindly for looking at this for me.

I’m new to nvda and also this group.

In the braille section of nvda settings the only display that suits the focus displays seems to be auto.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 05 May 2021 16:21
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Focus 14 Braille display and NVDA

 

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 10:52 AM, dennis huckle wrote:

Can anybody tell me how I can get the source code for the braille extender add on for nvda

-
Almost all of the NVDA add-ons are hosted on GitHub and since they're open source anyone is free to take the code and modify it to their heart's content.  BrailleExtender GitHub Page.

That being said, are you certain that what you're looking for may not already be possible?  The page for the add-on clearly states, "Once the add-on is installed, read the documentation and go through the settings using the BrailleExtender menu (located at the root of NVDA menu). The documentation is mainly generated automatically because it depends on the braille display in use."

What's available is directly dependent on the braille display that you're using.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: Focus 14 Braille display and NVDA

 

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 10:52 AM, dennis huckle wrote:
Can anybody tell me how I can get the source code for the braille extender add on for nvda
-
Almost all of the NVDA add-ons are hosted on GitHub and since they're open source anyone is free to take the code and modify it to their heart's content.  BrailleExtender GitHub Page.

That being said, are you certain that what you're looking for may not already be possible?  The page for the add-on clearly states, "Once the add-on is installed, read the documentation and go through the settings using the BrailleExtender menu (located at the root of NVDA menu). The documentation is mainly generated automatically because it depends on the braille display in use."

What's available is directly dependent on the braille display that you're using.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 

1481 - 1500 of 85008