Date   

Add-on updater 19.07.3 will enable toast notifications on Windows 10 by default #addonrelease

 

Hi all,

 

Add-on Updater 19.07.3 is on its way. The only difference between 19.07.2 and 19.07.3 concerns toast notifications on Windows 10 – it will now be enabled by default for all Windows 10 users. Note that this is still an experimental feature, and if things go well, it’ll become a permanent feature in version 19.08.

 

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: SPL Addon Questions

Howard Traxler <howard@...>
 

Thank you Sarah.  It's a very delicate balance here:  Someone puts out some initials without explanation and I have to decide, do I care to take time to go look it up; or maybe I'd be missing something important if I don't.  So, sometimes, I just ask the list.


Anyways, thank you for the answer.


Howard

On 7/20/2019 9:34 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Station playlist studio. Google for that, and you should find the answer. I used to use that set of materials but quit when I used the mac.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 20 Jul 2019, at 6:55, Howard Traxler wrote:

what is SPL?


On 7/20/2019 12:06 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

I already have a demo of almost all parts of SPL suite, including Creator. In fact, I wrote Creator support (at least major portions of it last year) by using a demo copy.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 9:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I will contact SPL to see if there is a trial copy of creator that you can get.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

I need a way to reproduce this and find out what NVDA needs to say. Currently I have suspended major developments on SPL add-on and others until NvDA is fully powered by Python 3 (more info coming soon).

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 11:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I looked through the list of commands but I could not find anything for Station playlist creator that would help when I need to propagate my playlist. I know how to push information to the playlist but I don’t know how much time is being used after every push.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

There are two SPL keys – SPL Assistant and SPL Controller. One would go to NVDA menu/Preferences/Input Gestures, locate StationPlaylist category, and assign commands from there.

The user guide for this add-on can be found here:

https://github.com/josephsl/stationplaylist/wiki/spladdonguide

Please have the new broadcast subscribe to NVDA SPL list located at:

https://nvda-spl.groups.io/g/nvda-spl

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Kerstetter
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

How do I assign a certain key to be the SPL key?

 

Also, is there more documentation than what is presented in the  Addon help?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

 


Re: SPL Addon Questions

Sarah k Alawami
 

Station playlist studio. Google for that, and you should find the answer. I used to use that set of materials but quit when I used the mac.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 20 Jul 2019, at 6:55, Howard Traxler wrote:

what is SPL?


On 7/20/2019 12:06 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

I already have a demo of almost all parts of SPL suite, including Creator. In fact, I wrote Creator support (at least major portions of it last year) by using a demo copy.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 9:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I will contact SPL to see if there is a trial copy of creator that you can get.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

I need a way to reproduce this and find out what NVDA needs to say. Currently I have suspended major developments on SPL add-on and others until NvDA is fully powered by Python 3 (more info coming soon).

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 11:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I looked through the list of commands but I could not find anything for Station playlist creator that would help when I need to propagate my playlist. I know how to push information to the playlist but I don’t know how much time is being used after every push.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

There are two SPL keys – SPL Assistant and SPL Controller. One would go to NVDA menu/Preferences/Input Gestures, locate StationPlaylist category, and assign commands from there.

The user guide for this add-on can be found here:

https://github.com/josephsl/stationplaylist/wiki/spladdonguide

Please have the new broadcast subscribe to NVDA SPL list located at:

https://nvda-spl.groups.io/g/nvda-spl

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Kerstetter
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

How do I assign a certain key to be the SPL key?

 

Also, is there more documentation than what is presented in the  Addon help?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

 


Re: SPL Addon Questions

Howard Traxler <howard@...>
 

what is SPL?


On 7/20/2019 12:06 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

I already have a demo of almost all parts of SPL suite, including Creator. In fact, I wrote Creator support (at least major portions of it last year) by using a demo copy.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 9:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I will contact SPL to see if there is a trial copy of creator that you can get.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

I need a way to reproduce this and find out what NVDA needs to say. Currently I have suspended major developments on SPL add-on and others until NvDA is fully powered by Python 3 (more info coming soon).

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 11:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I looked through the list of commands but I could not find anything for Station playlist creator that would help when I need to propagate my playlist. I know how to push information to the playlist but I don’t know how much time is being used after every push.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

There are two SPL keys – SPL Assistant and SPL Controller. One would go to NVDA menu/Preferences/Input Gestures, locate StationPlaylist category, and assign commands from there.

The user guide for this add-on can be found here:

https://github.com/josephsl/stationplaylist/wiki/spladdonguide

Please have the new broadcast subscribe to NVDA SPL list located at:

https://nvda-spl.groups.io/g/nvda-spl

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Kerstetter
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

How do I assign a certain key to be the SPL key?

 

Also, is there more documentation than what is presented in the  Addon help?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

 


Re: Code Factory add-in for NVDA

Josh Kennedy
 

I think I will pay the extra money for the sapi5 vocalizer. That way I can use it with my favorite audio-games, and with narrator if needed. As for eloquence, I think it will be around for a good many years to come, just because of how popular it still is. Aside from phoning home every 30 days, the sapi5 eloquence works fine. 


NVDA addon: Developer toolkit 2019.1.2 now available!

Andy B.
 

Official release announcement

• Release announcement: https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/2019.1.2

• Direct download: https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/download/2019.1.2/developerToolkit-2019.1.2.nvda-addon

• Repository: http://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit

• Mailing list: http://www.groups.io/g/nvda-developer-toolkit

 

Direct all feature requests and bug reports to the mailing list noted at the top of this announcement.

 

Developer toolkit (DTK) is an NVDA add-on that assists blind and visually impaired developers to independently create visually appealing user interfaces or web content. This is done by enabling DTK, navigating around the user interface or web content, then performing gestures to obtain information about the appearance, location, and size of the focused control. To enable or disable DTK, press alt+windows+k on your keyboard. To continue using the computer normally, disable DTK before performing normal tasks.

What's new?

• DTK will now report size and position values if they are 0.

• Navigation now honors the detailed messages setting.

• Made reporting of size/position information more concise.

• Stability improvements.

Gestures

The following gestures are available when DTK is enabled.

• Alt+windows+k – Enable or disable DTK features.

• Left arrow – Move to previous sibling.

• Right arrow – Move to next sibling.

• Up arrow – Move to parent.

• Down arrow – Move to first child.

• Control+home – Move to top-most parent.

• A – In web content, speak HTML attributes. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• B – Speak the position of the object’s bottom edge. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• C – Speak the number of children contained inside the object. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• Control+d – Enable or disable detailed messages.

• F – In web content, speaks the object’s font and formatting information. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• H – Speak the object’s height. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• L – Speak the position of the object’s left edge. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• R – Speak the position of the object’s right edge. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• S – Speak the number of siblings relative to the object. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• T – Speak the position of the object’s top edge. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• V – Speak Developer toolkit version. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

• W – Speak the object’s width. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.

Notes

• DTK helps developers create user interfaces. This add-on is not an analytical tool for third-party user interfaces.

• When using Chrome, not all web elements will appear in the accessibility tree. To force an element to appear in the accessibility tree, give it a title attribute.

• When using Firefox, phantom elements may appear in the accessibility tree. For example, a text frame may appear as a text block’s container. These phantom elements are a part of Mozilla’s implementation of the accessibility tree.

• Edge has not been completely tested. Therefore, anything reported by the add-on should be considered with care.

• In web content, everything except a text block is a container. For instance, a paragraph (p tag) may have multiple elements inside.

• div tags are reported as a section in HTML5.

• To avoid names of web elements appearing as "None", always give elements a title attribute.

• Font information is only available in web content. This should be fixed in a future version.

• The add-on does not teach a user proper user interface/web content design concepts.

Known issues

• Users are not automatically notified of the enabled/disabled state of the add-on's features when switching between windows.

• The margins of a control are only available in web content, and are browser dependent.

• The border and padding attributes are not available. This is a long-standing issue.

• There is no way to restrict DTK to a specific content type or application window.

• The font information when pressing F is messy, and will get fixed in a future version.

 


Re: SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

I already have a demo of almost all parts of SPL suite, including Creator. In fact, I wrote Creator support (at least major portions of it last year) by using a demo copy.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 9:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I will contact SPL to see if there is a trial copy of creator that you can get.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

I need a way to reproduce this and find out what NVDA needs to say. Currently I have suspended major developments on SPL add-on and others until NvDA is fully powered by Python 3 (more info coming soon).

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 11:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I looked through the list of commands but I could not find anything for Station playlist creator that would help when I need to propagate my playlist. I know how to push information to the playlist but I don’t know how much time is being used after every push.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

There are two SPL keys – SPL Assistant and SPL Controller. One would go to NVDA menu/Preferences/Input Gestures, locate StationPlaylist category, and assign commands from there.

The user guide for this add-on can be found here:

https://github.com/josephsl/stationplaylist/wiki/spladdonguide

Please have the new broadcast subscribe to NVDA SPL list located at:

https://nvda-spl.groups.io/g/nvda-spl

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Kerstetter
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

How do I assign a certain key to be the SPL key?

 

Also, is there more documentation than what is presented in the  Addon help?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

 


Re: SPL Addon Questions

Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 

I will contact SPL to see if there is a trial copy of creator that you can get.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

I need a way to reproduce this and find out what NVDA needs to say. Currently I have suspended major developments on SPL add-on and others until NvDA is fully powered by Python 3 (more info coming soon).

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 11:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

I looked through the list of commands but I could not find anything for Station playlist creator that would help when I need to propagate my playlist. I know how to push information to the playlist but I don’t know how much time is being used after every push.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

Hi,

There are two SPL keys – SPL Assistant and SPL Controller. One would go to NVDA menu/Preferences/Input Gestures, locate StationPlaylist category, and assign commands from there.

The user guide for this add-on can be found here:

https://github.com/josephsl/stationplaylist/wiki/spladdonguide

Please have the new broadcast subscribe to NVDA SPL list located at:

https://nvda-spl.groups.io/g/nvda-spl

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Kerstetter
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] SPL Addon Questions

 

How do I assign a certain key to be the SPL key?

 

Also, is there more documentation than what is presented in the  Addon help?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

 


Re: Push Notifications With NVDA

 

Brian and Vincent,
First of all, sorry for post to this topic again but this will be the last time. I'll be posting to the Chat Subgroup but before that, I just want to clear a few things up:

Vincent wrote:
It's possible Facebook just pushes notifications to a different system without much accessibility support besides reading. I guess you already checked the system tray (Windows + B)?
Yes, I did, so I'd agree with you. Probably it's not accessible but I'll be more than happy to be wrong on this at the end :)

Brian wrote:
if one is using Chrome it's possible to have the browser push those push messages straight over to Windows to be presented as toast notifications, or not.

So one has to know what browser is being used and whether certain features have been configured in certain ways to know for certain how one might directly interact with a push message.
Well, I'm  using Firefox, as I said on my first message, and apparently my version of Firefox doesn't allow these notifications to be presented as toast ones. I mean, is it possible that a toast notification doesn't show up in the Notifications Center? Because so far, every notification I got, I was able eiter to see it by pressing Win+Shift+V or if I wasn't fast enough to do it I could see the notification on the Center. So weren't they toast notifications? I'm confused.

Finally, I read the article on gHacks telling about these notifications (thanks, Vincent). Probably, the problem lies on my Firefox then. Because I was supposed to see it on the list of apps that can  or cannot send notifications and it's not there as an  option to check.

Well, with all of this said, I'm  moving it to the Chat Subgroup. I hope you guys will follow me and help me with it, as this is a cool feature and I really didn't want to miss it out.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

--
Are you a Thunderbird user? Then join the Thunderbird mailing list to help and be helped with all Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!


Re: Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Chris,

As well as the PayPal receipt, you should have received an automatic email from us with the download links.  Once you log into your account, you should be able to go to downloads (note that's downloads in your account, not the download page for NVDA itself). That page is https://www.nvaccess.org/my-account/downloads/ and from there you should be able to download everything you have purchased.

Do let me know if you have any problems.

Kind regards

Quentin

On Sat., 20 Jul. 2019, 07:24 Luke Davis, <luke@...> wrote:
Likely it would have come from nvaccess.org.
Or might have NV Access (with a space) in it.
Perhaps try searching for those.

Luke

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Christopher Gray wrote:

> Yes, I have reviewed my junk email folder.  I found nothing related to my
> purchases assuming this might come from something with NVDA in the name or
> contain the word downoad.





Re: Code Factory add-in for NVDA

 

For 60 us you can use the expressive ones from code factory, its all done in a program off the cloud, and its a nice package.

Its not the same as older vocalisers but its good enough.



On 20/07/2019 8:24 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hi

I once had eloquence on my Android phone too. However it did not work very well and it cost $20. But the vocalizer voices are all right. Sadly I don’t have them on my Windows devices anymore.  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 3:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory add-in for NVDA

 

Well the last was from enablerehab saying pay what you want, they need to send at least 50 cents to phonics because of their licences.

Now saying that that was for sapi.

As for the old dectalk, I usually wouldn't but it sounds like no one really cares that much.

Obviously if someone sold the entire load they probably would make something about it but its almost like, its to old for us to give a damn about as such.
To be honest the sapi dectalk wasn't perfect with volume dropouts on some voices I don't even use it anymore.

However if someone were to well distribute it, as long as no one brought it or payed cash, I don't think people would care that much.

Of course my communications with the deal were ages ago maybe if to many wanted it who knows.

Dectalk like eloquence are not really where we should be going as it is though.

Now don't get me wrong, they had their day, and their place.

In their day they were the best of the best.

I mean hawking used the thing.

Here's the thing.

I tried a 16 bit version of eloquence on my phone and it was total crap!

Theory is it was never designed to be upsampled.

Next eloquence and dectalk are utter crap.

Its not their fault.

I mean how much can you get out of a simple speaker with a few hardware chips without the voice quality and size we have now?

I mean they like the old keynotes were the king of the castle and were there for a number of years.

And as an old timer I respect the past.

I still use it on my old phone.

However their time may be about done.

 

 

On 20/07/2019 12:10 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I also wish we could get some confirmation about decTalk since it, too, is, or was, very popular. There is nothing wrong with the 24-year-old decTalk access32 dll files. they work fine aside from some bugs in the nvda-addon code, they work just fine with NVDA. I wish that we could 1. get official confirmation that is it abandonware, or is it not abandonware and can we use the 24-year-old decTalk access32 dll which is still perfectly fine with NVDA? 2. if somebody would give us permission to use that dll, which by the way again works perfectly fine, then once we have permission, we could incorporate it into NVDA as an alternative to ESpeak for english and maybe some other languages, same goes for willowPond softVoice tts, by the way... so anyway once we get confirmation, they could be incorporated into NVDA so people have some alternative voices. and also perhaps the voices could be given sapi5 interfaces for those who wish to use them in that form. oh better yet, if NVDA could sell decTalk nvda-addon and softVoice tts addon, decTalk sapi5 with a good non-buggy interface and softVoice tts sapi5 again with a good stable interface. I personally would gladly pay $10 to $20 or so for updated versions of those two tts engines. better yet would be if the authors just said well just go ahead and incorporate them into NVDA as voices or as voices on the extra-voices download website. 
Josh


Re: Alpine and Pico

Jason White
 

On 7/19/19 2:06 PM, Christopher Gray wrote:
Hi Luke:

I am using the Windows version of Alpine on a Windows 7 machine.
An alternative would be to run them under Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10. They're terminal-based Linux programs that should be able to run in that environment quite effectively with NVDA.


It's a long time since I've used Pine/Alpine. I started using Emacs mail software, and Mutt, instead. I still use Mutt when I'm in a Linux console or ssh session and wish to check mail.


Re: Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

Luke Davis
 

Likely it would have come from nvaccess.org.
Or might have NV Access (with a space) in it.
Perhaps try searching for those.

Luke

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Christopher Gray wrote:

Yes, I have reviewed my junk email folder. I found nothing related to my
purchases assuming this might come from something with NVDA in the name or
contain the word downoad.


Re: Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

Christopher Gray
 

Yes, I have reviewed my junk email folder. I found nothing related to my
purchases assuming this might come from something with NVDA in the name or
contain the word downoad.

One note from nvda.support did go into my junk email which is helpful. Odd,
because all other emails came to my inbox.

Chris


On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Luke
Davis via Groups.Io wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Christopher Gray wrote:

There's no link on the receipt and I veceived no email about the
purchases
Have you looked through your spam/junk folder? That may be your local
spam/junk folder, or the IMAP version provided by your mail provider
(outlook.com, in your case, which may be Exchange based, not sure).

Luke




****************************************
Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

----------------------------------------
Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.


Re: Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

 

Well, if you can't find these materials for download in your NVDA Account, I cannot imagine that NVAccess support will not help you out with this if you can provide (and clearly you can) proof of purchase.

If you must get in touch again I'd try info@... as my first point of contact, as this really isn't a technical support issue in the conventional sense.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

 

 


Re: Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

Luke Davis
 

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Christopher Gray wrote:

There's no link on the receipt and I veceived no email about the purchases
Have you looked through your spam/junk folder? That may be your local spam/junk folder, or the IMAP version provided by your mail provider (outlook.com, in your case, which may be Exchange based, not sure).

Luke


Re: Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

Christopher Gray
 

To clarify just a bit further, I did receive a Paypal receipt. Having just
reviewed it with a fine toothed comb, I can say for certain it contains no link
to a downloadable product that I can find.

Chris

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Christopher Gray via Groups.Io wrote:

There's no link on the receipt and I veceived no email about the purchases
being made for some reason. NV tech support shows though that the purchases
were made. It's just a matter of finding them.

I do have an NVDA account but unfortunately have to reset the password since I
haven't used it for months. Just waiting for the email with the reset link.

Chris



On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Brian Vogel
via Groups.Io wrote:

Are you saying that there is no link provided in the receipts themselves or under separate cover in a distinct e-mail message after payment was received?

That's the most common way to provide purchasers of downloadable material, whether books, programs, or audio, a way to get it after payment has been received.  Most often the URL has some ungodly long key associated with it, unless you end up having to enter your receipt number, or something similar, to make the download commence.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362

*The color of truth is grey.*

~ André Gide



****************************************
Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

----------------------------------------
Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.


****************************************
Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

----------------------------------------
Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.


Re: Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

Christopher Gray
 

There's no link on the receipt and I veceived no email about the purchases
being made for some reason. NV tech support shows though that the purchases
were made. It's just a matter of finding them.

I do have an NVDA account but unfortunately have to reset the password since I
haven't used it for months. Just waiting for the email with the reset link.

Chris



On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Brian Vogel
via Groups.Io wrote:

Are you saying that there is no link provided in the receipts themselves or under separate cover in a distinct e-mail message after payment was received?

That's the most common way to provide purchasers of downloadable material, whether books, programs, or audio, a way to get it after payment has been received.  Most often the URL has some ungodly long key associated with it, unless you end up having to enter your receipt number, or something similar, to make the download commence.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362

*The color of truth is grey.*

~ André Gide



****************************************
Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

----------------------------------------
Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.


Re: Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

 

Are you saying that there is no link provided in the receipts themselves or under separate cover in a distinct e-mail message after payment was received?

That's the most common way to provide purchasers of downloadable material, whether books, programs, or audio, a way to get it after payment has been received.  Most often the URL has some ungodly long key associated with it, unless you end up having to enter your receipt number, or something similar, to make the download commence.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

 

 


Re: Code Factory add-in for NVDA

molly the blind tech lover
 

Hi

I once had eloquence on my Android phone too. However it did not work very well and it cost $20. But the vocalizer voices are all right. Sadly I don’t have them on my Windows devices anymore.  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 3:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory add-in for NVDA

 

Well the last was from enablerehab saying pay what you want, they need to send at least 50 cents to phonics because of their licences.

Now saying that that was for sapi.

As for the old dectalk, I usually wouldn't but it sounds like no one really cares that much.

Obviously if someone sold the entire load they probably would make something about it but its almost like, its to old for us to give a damn about as such.
To be honest the sapi dectalk wasn't perfect with volume dropouts on some voices I don't even use it anymore.

However if someone were to well distribute it, as long as no one brought it or payed cash, I don't think people would care that much.

Of course my communications with the deal were ages ago maybe if to many wanted it who knows.

Dectalk like eloquence are not really where we should be going as it is though.

Now don't get me wrong, they had their day, and their place.

In their day they were the best of the best.

I mean hawking used the thing.

Here's the thing.

I tried a 16 bit version of eloquence on my phone and it was total crap!

Theory is it was never designed to be upsampled.

Next eloquence and dectalk are utter crap.

Its not their fault.

I mean how much can you get out of a simple speaker with a few hardware chips without the voice quality and size we have now?

I mean they like the old keynotes were the king of the castle and were there for a number of years.

And as an old timer I respect the past.

I still use it on my old phone.

However their time may be about done.

 

 

On 20/07/2019 12:10 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I also wish we could get some confirmation about decTalk since it, too, is, or was, very popular. There is nothing wrong with the 24-year-old decTalk access32 dll files. they work fine aside from some bugs in the nvda-addon code, they work just fine with NVDA. I wish that we could 1. get official confirmation that is it abandonware, or is it not abandonware and can we use the 24-year-old decTalk access32 dll which is still perfectly fine with NVDA? 2. if somebody would give us permission to use that dll, which by the way again works perfectly fine, then once we have permission, we could incorporate it into NVDA as an alternative to ESpeak for english and maybe some other languages, same goes for willowPond softVoice tts, by the way... so anyway once we get confirmation, they could be incorporated into NVDA so people have some alternative voices. and also perhaps the voices could be given sapi5 interfaces for those who wish to use them in that form. oh better yet, if NVDA could sell decTalk nvda-addon and softVoice tts addon, decTalk sapi5 with a good non-buggy interface and softVoice tts sapi5 again with a good stable interface. I personally would gladly pay $10 to $20 or so for updated versions of those two tts engines. better yet would be if the authors just said well just go ahead and incorporate them into NVDA as voices or as voices on the extra-voices download website. 
Josh

17701 - 17720 of 81075