Date   
Re: antivirus / i use a v g

Gene
 

I doubt very much that what you are describing is typical other than some false positives.  If antimalware programs were generally as destructive and terrible as you describe, they would have a terrible reputation and no one would use them. 
 
If a screen-reader has some files seen as false positives, then set the antimalware program to exclude the screen-reader from being scanned by the program. 
 
I don't think your experiences are at all representative other than, as I said, some false positives. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] antivirus / i use a v g

I agree, not everything is perfect and the biggest can get targeted,
norton was broken into recently.
Ok, so my main  concern and reason I don't exactly run anything that
strong are the horror stories I have heard.
For myself, I got a good security toolbar that  blocked just about
everything.
It worked till I wanted to open a new window for java programming and it
wouldn't work.
It wouldn't cleanly uninstall either on all the systems I used it on.
Another time I  got an antispam malware program but its
installer/uninstall was broken and wouldn't run.
I have had also security programs that went nuts and dissallowed
critical windows files.
The only  way to fix this was a full  reformat of all systems and the
reformat made everything better again.
I have had friends with avera and other programs that have had screen
readers and other files flagged as false positives.
When I worked with double extention files for linux programming at
university, I had great trouble accessing them.
Finally with all the remote family systems I have I really need
something low maintainance something I can mostly trust.
I don't want to have to allow every address through it, I don't want
issues  all day long.
In the old days when I owned full blown security suites, norton  etc,
the first thing I did was shut down most of them because they hogged
memmory.
And even when I had the systems to handle them right, II spent half the
time more than 4 hours a  day trying to get them to work with different
programs.
About 2 hours after that using the system, and at least another hour
solving crashes with them.
Then there were user issues.
If anything changed I would have to change them some what.
Every couple weeks to a month they potentially screwed up, and would
require a reformat to make things work as they should.
As long as a user didn't ever need to enter them they were fine, the
problem was they never stayed fine for long.
While things have improved, I don't trust security or to more of a point
complex software to any true extent.
After 6 years of reformats to make sure windows loaded and with my
remotes coming, msse came along and to be honest its really cut down on
my time.
So  its shit, compaired to the hell I had to go through I really
couldn't care less.
True I have to handle the occasional careless user or program breakage
but in my case its better than  trying to handle things.
Just last year I had to handle a system full of junk, errors, and what
the user said was malware and system dammage.
THe junk was squashed, the malware was debugged.
The dammage was fixed.
That took a couple hours to handle.
THere were updates to do and that took another hour.
It took me 5 days to remove all the security software and put something
I could control back in.
And that was with me trying to make it work.
If I had more time I would just reformat which always fixes everything
and load a standard configuration.
Every system I maintain has this treatment done to it.
So in most case the config is the same and this config has continued to
work.
Now I do use where I can passive protections to but somewhere down the
road my trust of advanced stuff really slipped from me.
So what would I have to have to change?
1.  a bit of malware so serious I would have no choice to reformat every
week and babysit with the suites but it would have to be worse than
norton, mcafee, jaws, symantech, a computer with a overheated cpu,
jammed fan, failing hard drive and bad ram chips before that would ever
happen.
Importantly, I need something that is effective enough that it will kill
the bad guys but will not cause me false alarm troubles to often.
I need something that in most cases I can think of in my sleep and
process in a half sleep state should I need to.
I need something that is accessible and most importantly something I can
say to people its free or low cost and it will stay for a long period
and won't ever need to be removed at least for a while.
Msse prevides most of what I want.
I almost never need to configure it let alone babysit.
False alarms are minimal.
It is accessible and I can handle it in my sleep.
Also its interface hardly changes and thats another thing I have issue
with from time to time.
Fact is I am not convinced that if I change to something else it won't
bite me in the backside down the road and just be stupid about itself.
I have changed to many times about 5 times in about 6 years.



On 4/07/2016 9:11 p.m., Brian's Mail list account wrote:
> The point is though that many  anti viruses do not see some infections,
> its always been the case and presumably as the arms race continues,
> always will be. I'm just more pragmatic and realistic about such things
> these days. Half the problem is where you go on the web and how good a
> firewall is.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 2:13 PM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] antivirus / i use a v g
>
>
> The whole point of well designed malware is that it runs without causing
> any unusual behaviors to alert the user that there may be a problem.
> You can't assume that no odd behaviors means no infections.  often, you
> do not have any such behaviors.
>
> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: Brian's Mail list account
> Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 7:56 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [nvda] antivirus / i use a v g
>
>
> OK well I think that if you did get something nasty it would show itself in
> other ways. However I'd also like to find something I can put on a stick
> and
> shove in, having updated it on another machine and run a manual scan for
> confidence sake. Does anyone know of such a program?
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 12:45 AM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] antivirus / i use a v g
>
>
> How do all the people who say it works fine for me know.  You don't know if
> you only scan with the program you are using.  Saying it works fine for me
> means nothing.  I could install the worst antimalware program in existence
> and, if it is accessible, I could scan my system regularly.  No matter how
> poor a job it did, if it indicates that my machine is free of malware, I
> could then write that it does a good job.  This is classic circular
> reasoning.  The only way to know if a program is protecting you reasonably
> well, aside from reading reliable reviews, is to have something you know is
> good scan your computer such as an on line scanner or more than one.  Such
> comments as MSEe works fine for me are meaningless unless we know what they
> are based on.  MSEE is considered by many knowledgeable computer
> advisors to
> be a substandard program.  Is it good enough to protect people from the
> threats they are likely to run into?  I don't know but if you are
> considering using it, you should know that it scores very low in detection
> tests, or it did last I saw anything about this six months or a year ago.
> those interested can check to see what the current situation is.  I doubt
> it's changed much.  .
>
> You cannot make an informed decision based on comments such as it works
> well
> for me.  What does that mean and how are people determining that it works
> well for them.
>
> The Essett online scanner was quite reasonably accessible when I tried it
> awhile ago.  I don't know what the current state of the program is.  People
> are discussing various programs and no one, to my recollection is giving
> any
> meaningful evaluations of how the programs work such as from properly done
> reviews or based on what their program finds compared to on line scanners
> and malware bytes.
>
> Without such discussions, you may be able to get a good idea of the quality
> of various programs users consider accessible enough to use by doing
> searches for reviews of specific names of programs.  For example, if AVG is
> said to work well and be accessible by a user, do a Google search for AVG
> review.  Look at what reputable sites say.  If you don't know what sites
> are
> reputable, asking here may get you information.  the information from these
> sorts of list discussions may help you know which programs are accessible.
> But such list discussions, in my experience, seldom give any or hardly any
> information about the quality of such programs that can be evaluated in a
> meaningful way.
>
> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: Pauline Smith
> Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 5:51 PM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [nvda] antivirus / i use a v g
>
>
> I also use MSE.  It works fine for me.  I'm not sure if I will have to
> use a different program once Windows 10 is installed.
>
>
> Pauline
>
>
>
> On 7/1/2016 1:41 PM, Arlene wrote:
>> Hi, I use mse it works fine for me. I did use avg and it got very
>> inaccisable.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
>> Angela
>> Delicata
>> Sent: July-01-16 10:18 AM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] antivirus / i use a v g
>>
>> AVG is the worst I have ever used.
>>
>>
>> Il 01/07/2016 19:11, Richard Kuzma via Groups.io ha scritto:
>>
>>> I use avg and it works pretty good for me
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---
>> Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
>> antivirus.
>> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> .
>


Re: Signing up for a Vanguard Account?

Bob J
 

Brandon,

Have you tried phoning Vanguard at the following number?

800 635 1511

I find the folks who answer that line to be very helpful.

During off-hours, you can get lots of information via their automated system.

hth

Bob

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brandon Keith Biggs" <@brandonkeithbiggs>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 9:57 PM
Subject: [nvda] Signing up for a Vanguard Account?


Hello,
The strangest thing happens when I try to sign up for a Vanguard account at:
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/investnow/si/oaoverview

I am able to access the first couple screens OK, but when I really need to
start entering my information, I get a screen that just says:

PERSONAL INVESTORS
Graphic The Vanguard Group


But when I tab I hear more buttons and links and I can't arrow in the
dialogue box at all.
Does anyone know how to read these screens?
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

How do I subscribe to the NVDA development list?

John J. Boyer
 

NVDA's handling of Braille is very good, but I have some suggestions and
would like to contribute in other ways. How do i subscribe to the
development list?

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
Email: john.boyer@...
Website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: 501(C)(3) Nonprofit
Location: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Mission: To develop softwares and provide STEM services for people with
disabilities which are available at no cost.

Re: How do I subscribe to the NVDA development list?

Antony Stone
 

On Monday 04 July 2016 at 14:16:11, John J. Boyer wrote:

NVDA's handling of Braille is very good, but I have some suggestions and
would like to contribute in other ways. How do i subscribe to the
development list?

Thanks,
--
This is not a rehearsal.
This is Real Life.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Re: Tiflotecnia vocalizer update

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>
 

Thanks roy. I look forward to trying the new version and will decide.

On 03/07/2016, Life My Way via Groups.io <lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
do you know which new voices will be included in this update?


On 7/3/2016 10:50 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
There will be no discount, since the upgrade from Vocalizer Expressive
3.0
will be free.

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Nimer Jaber
Data: domingo, 3 de julho de 2016 06:39
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Tiflotecnia vocalizer update


Hello,

Will there be a discount for those of us that purchased the previous
version
of the voices?

Thanks.


On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 8:46 PM Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...>
wrote:
Hello!

We want to release it in 2 weeks...

Nathan will be included in the new voices.

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.


-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Greg Wocher
Data: sábado, 2 de julho de 2016 16:19
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] Tiflotecnia vocalizer update

Hello,

I thought there was suppose to be an update to the Tiflotecnia vocalizer
last month in June. Did this happen? I was also wondering if the Nathan
voice is one of the new ones added? I have been trialing a Sapi version
of it and I really like it.


Regards,

Greg Wocher


















--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Disregard Thunderbird Status Line Bug

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,


Well, I am glad to say, you can disregard the status line bug I reported in my last message to this list. It turns out I had a pop-under that I didn't see right away that was causing things to read improperly. It was that Microsoft Bug wanting me to upgrade to Windows 10. I thought I turned that off, but for some reason, it came back. Once I dismissed this bark screen, everything is normal again in Thunderbird.




--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

about installing Iven3 in sapi5 version of espeak:

 

hi every one.
the best voice in nvda for me is iven3.
its very friendly, beautiful, lovely and natural.
when i installed espeak sapi5 version, unfortunately it does not have
and i dont know its code.
someone suggested me to use i3 when i want to enter a code and after
installation, i copy iven3 from nvda in to espeak.
i tested this method and the quality was not very great and it was a
little robotic.
i want the exact code for installing iven3 in to espeak.
i am shure that espeak sapi5 version, should have all the voices,
because nvda uses espeak, and its very far that this great voice is
only in nvda and not espeak!
i realy appreciate your help, because i only love this voice.
its a very critical problem for me, i realy need only this voice in
espeak sapi5 with its great quality.
thanks again and god bless you.

--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org

Nvda crashes

Tony James <megatronjames@...>
 

Hi, I have a rather serious problem with NVDA. It talks on the secure desktop but as soon as i log into Windows it just stops working. I think I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it without speech. I downloaded and installed and STK for spai5, thinking that would give me more voices to choose from, but it didn't
And now I think somehow that SDK is interfering with nvda. Any thoughts?From the rising of the sun, to the setting, to its rising again, we place what is hard to endure with what is sweet to remember, and find peace. (Animorphs 33)

laptop layout

David Mehler
 

Hello,

I'm using the latest NVDA 2016 on a development laptop. This machine
does not have a keypad. I've gone over the manual for laptop layout
with regards object navigation and screen review, I am just not
getting it.

Does anyone have any pointers? Things that'll stick in the memory?

Thanks.
Dave.

DTP Software

jordy deweer <webmaster_deweer@...>
 

Hello everybody,

The following is a non-NVDA question, but I don’t know where to ask this other!

But does anybody knows a good, and of course, (fully) accessible Desktop Publishing package, e.g. Scribus, Publisher,…

Thanks in advance!

Greetings, Jordy

Re: about installing Iven3 in sapi5 version of espeak:

Sukil Etxenike <sukiletxe@...>
 

Hi nasrin,,

You could try to do the following: go to your NVDA directory (C:\Program files (x86)\NVDA), and go to the espeak's variants folder (synthDrivers\Espeak-data\Voices\!v) and copy the iven3 file to the folderr you installed espeak into (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Espeak\espeak

Then, rerun the eSpeak installer and select the iven3 voice during installation.

Hope this helps,

Sukil

El 04/07/2016 a las 16:42, nasrin khaksar escribió:

hi every one.
the best voice in nvda for me is iven3.
its very friendly, beautiful, lovely and natural.
when i installed espeak sapi5 version, unfortunately it does not have
and i dont know its code.
someone suggested me to use i3 when i want to enter a code and after
installation, i copy iven3 from nvda in to espeak.
i tested this method and the quality was not very great and it was a
little robotic.
i want the exact code for installing iven3 in to espeak.
i am shure that espeak sapi5 version, should have all the voices,
because nvda uses espeak, and its very far that this great voice is
only in nvda and not espeak!
i realy appreciate your help, because i only love this voice.
its a very critical problem for me, i realy need only this voice in
espeak sapi5 with its great quality.
thanks again and god bless you.

Re: laptop layout

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi David


I am guessing the following page is along the lines of what you are
trying to sus out.


A while ago i had a netbook which did not have a numeric keypad but it
was emulated on the main keyboard. I had to do along the lines of what
is on the link provide at
https://askleo.com/why_do_i_have_to_hold_down_the_fn_key_to_get_normal_letter/

I had to make sure the numeric keypad part was not turned on and if i
remember right i had to use the function key plus the nvda key plus any
of the letters it mentions. I would have to have a play on the wifes
netbook later on and see which keys they are or what I had to do, but it
was along these lines. I ended up getting lazy and brought a full
keyboard then all I had to do was remember the desktop commands.


I can later on find out which keys they are and put them some where up
on the website of mine maybe under trouble shooting section.


Gene nz

On 5/07/2016 5:38 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I'm using the latest NVDA 2016 on a development laptop. This machine
does not have a keypad. I've gone over the manual for laptop layout
with regards object navigation and screen review, I am just not
getting it.

Does anyone have any pointers? Things that'll stick in the memory?

Thanks.
Dave.


--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Re: Nvda crashes

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Tony,

After you log in to Windows and NVDA stops talking, can you press CONTROL+ALT+N to start it up again?

On the NVDA General settings page (NVDA+G to get there directly once you've got NVDA running), you've got "Use NVDA on the Windows Logon screen" checked.  Do you also have the item before that - "Automatically start NVDA after I logon to Windows" checked?  Without that one checked, NVDA will run on the logon screen so you or another user can login, but NOT after you login.  In which case, you'd need to start NVDA manually after you login.

Setting both of those to checked should make NVDA talk on the login screen then automatically start up once you login.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 1:26 AM, Tony James <megatronjames@...> wrote:
Hi, I have a rather serious problem with NVDA.  It talks on the secure desktop but as soon as i log  into Windows it just stops working.  I think I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it without speech.  I downloaded and installed and STK for spai5, thinking that would give me more voices to choose from, but it didn't
And now I think somehow that SDK is interfering with nvda.  Any thoughts?From the rising of the sun, to the setting, to its rising again, we place what is hard to endure with what is sweet to remember, and find peace.  (Animorphs 33)





--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Re: Nvda crashes

Tony James <megatronjames@...>
 

Hi, both checboxes r checked.  No, pressing the shortcut key combination does nothing.  A friend of mine gave me the combination of NVDA plus control + s, but I haven't tried this one yet.  

From the rising of the sun, to the setting, to its rising again, we place what is hard to endure with what is sweet to remember, and find peace.  (Animorphs 33)

On Jul 4, 2016, at 7:47 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi Tony,

After you log in to Windows and NVDA stops talking, can you press CONTROL+ALT+N to start it up again?

On the NVDA General settings page (NVDA+G to get there directly once you've got NVDA running), you've got "Use NVDA on the Windows Logon screen" checked.  Do you also have the item before that - "Automatically start NVDA after I logon to Windows" checked?  Without that one checked, NVDA will run on the logon screen so you or another user can login, but NOT after you login.  In which case, you'd need to start NVDA manually after you login.

Setting both of those to checked should make NVDA talk on the login screen then automatically start up once you login.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 1:26 AM, Tony James <megatronjames@...> wrote:
Hi, I have a rather serious problem with NVDA.  It talks on the secure desktop but as soon as i log  into Windows it just stops working.  I think I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it without speech.  I downloaded and installed and STK for spai5, thinking that would give me more voices to choose from, but it didn't
And now I think somehow that SDK is interfering with nvda.  Any thoughts?From the rising of the sun, to the setting, to its rising again, we place what is hard to endure with what is sweet to remember, and find peace.  (Animorphs 33)





--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Re: Nvda crashes

Quentin Christensen
 

NVDA+control+s opens the synthesizer dialog.

Which synthesizer are you using?  If it is a synthesizer issue, pressing NVDA+control+r three times quite quickly will restore the factory default settings which will take you back to eSpeak NG at normal speed etc but that should work on pretty much anything.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Tony James <megatronjames@...> wrote:
Hi, both checboxes r checked.  No, pressing the shortcut key combination does nothing.  A friend of mine gave me the combination of NVDA plus control + s, but I haven't tried this one yet.  

From the rising of the sun, to the setting, to its rising again, we place what is hard to endure with what is sweet to remember, and find peace.  (Animorphs 33)

On Jul 4, 2016, at 7:47 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi Tony,

After you log in to Windows and NVDA stops talking, can you press CONTROL+ALT+N to start it up again?

On the NVDA General settings page (NVDA+G to get there directly once you've got NVDA running), you've got "Use NVDA on the Windows Logon screen" checked.  Do you also have the item before that - "Automatically start NVDA after I logon to Windows" checked?  Without that one checked, NVDA will run on the logon screen so you or another user can login, but NOT after you login.  In which case, you'd need to start NVDA manually after you login.

Setting both of those to checked should make NVDA talk on the login screen then automatically start up once you login.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 1:26 AM, Tony James <megatronjames@...> wrote:
Hi, I have a rather serious problem with NVDA.  It talks on the secure desktop but as soon as i log  into Windows it just stops working.  I think I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it without speech.  I downloaded and installed and STK for spai5, thinking that would give me more voices to choose from, but it didn't
And now I think somehow that SDK is interfering with nvda.  Any thoughts?From the rising of the sun, to the setting, to its rising again, we place what is hard to endure with what is sweet to remember, and find peace.  (Animorphs 33)





--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 




--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Re: about installing Iven3 in sapi5 version of espeak:

 

hi.
thanks for your reply.
but in this way which i tested, its quality is robotic.
do you know the way that i install it directly like other voices?
for example: during installation, i type m7 for mail seven plus my
desired language and its installed without any problem.
i need a direct code to use while installing like mails and femails.

On 7/5/16, Sukil Etxenike via Groups.io <sukiletxe=yahoo.es@groups.io> wrote:
Hi nasrin,,

You could try to do the following: go to your NVDA directory (C:\Program
files (x86)\NVDA), and go to the espeak's variants folder
(synthDrivers\Espeak-data\Voices\!v) and copy the iven3 file to the
folderr you installed espeak into (probably C:\Program Files
(x86)\Espeak\espeak

Then, rerun the eSpeak installer and select the iven3 voice during
installation.

Hope this helps,

Sukil



El 04/07/2016 a las 16:42, nasrin khaksar escribió:

hi every one.
the best voice in nvda for me is iven3.
its very friendly, beautiful, lovely and natural.
when i installed espeak sapi5 version, unfortunately it does not have
and i dont know its code.
someone suggested me to use i3 when i want to enter a code and after
installation, i copy iven3 from nvda in to espeak.
i tested this method and the quality was not very great and it was a
little robotic.
i want the exact code for installing iven3 in to espeak.
i am shure that espeak sapi5 version, should have all the voices,
because nvda uses espeak, and its very far that this great voice is
only in nvda and not espeak!
i realy appreciate your help, because i only love this voice.
its a very critical problem for me, i realy need only this voice in
espeak sapi5 with its great quality.
thanks again and god bless you.



--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org

Re: Disregard Thunderbird Status Line Bug

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Despite them saying they will not be forcing updates, I've erred on the side of caution and put in never10 which can toggle the registry switch for this update.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 2:58 PM
Subject: [nvda] Disregard Thunderbird Status Line Bug


Hi Group,


Well, I am glad to say, you can disregard the status line bug I reported in my last message to this list. It turns out I had a pop-under that I didn't see right away that was causing things to read improperly. It was that Microsoft Bug wanting me to upgrade to Windows 10. I thought I turned that off, but for some reason, it came back. Once I dismissed this bark screen, everything is normal again in Thunderbird.




--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: laptop layout

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Yes its called an external keyboard I think. I could not get my head around the concert pianist structure either.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Mehler" <dave.mehler@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 6:38 PM
Subject: [nvda] laptop layout


Hello,

I'm using the latest NVDA 2016 on a development laptop. This machine
does not have a keypad. I've gone over the manual for laptop layout
with regards object navigation and screen review, I am just not
getting it.

Does anyone have any pointers? Things that'll stick in the memory?

Thanks.
Dave.

Windows update doesn't work

Arnþór Helgason
 

Recently I have been told on 2 occasions that my Aser Labtop isn't running the most recent and safe Windows 10 and I should update.
When I accepted updating there was a message on the screen that Windows didn't do the work as the display wasn't compatible.
Then there was a list of other items which were ok.
At last the following message appeared: Windows 10 is now running on your mashine.

Is this something to worri about?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Re: Windows update doesn't work

Antony Stone
 

Are you talking about an update of a machine whcih was already running Windows
10, or an upgrade of Windows 7 (or 8) to Windows 10, and you didn't have
Windows 10 previously?

Which model of Acer laptop is it?

Antony.

On Tuesday 05 July 2016 at 11:39:09, Arnþór Helgason wrote:

Recently I have been told on 2 occasions that my Aser Labtop isn't
running the most recent and safe Windows 10 and I should update.
When I accepted updating there was a message on the screen that Windows
didn't do the work as the display wasn't compatible.
Then there was a list of other items which were ok.
At last the following message appeared: Windows 10 is now running on
your mashine.

Is this something to worri about?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason
--
Angela Merkel arrives at Paris airport.
"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.
"German," she replies.
"Occupation?"
"No, just here for a summit conference."

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.