Date   

Re: Contacting add-on developers where no contact information is provided

 

Hi all,

Initial contact info came from add-on manifests. I have updated the compatible add-ons document to update status on some add-ons, including adding Tyler's address for Speech History add-on.

As for overall compatibility list document logistics and edits, it depends on how add-on authors deal with compatibility breaking changes - that is, we the add-ons community relies on information coming from add-on authors (by the way, I'm limited in what I can do with add-ons community as I just retired from the owner position on add-ons list).

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: cannot check boxes.

Gene
 

the disagreement yesterday is an example where I discuss objections.  I tried to clarify what I had said when you sent objections.  I replied to specific objections. 


For example, you talked about how there are so many different combinations of  programs that they won't all work well with every screen-reader.  I clarified that I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about a site not being usable with a widely used screen-reader or a whole class of browsers such as with Chrome-based browsers. 


I still don't know what you were objecting to since every time I altered or clarified what I said, you never indicated that you thought I was addressing any objection you raised. 


In your last message, you said that I have problems with people on various lists.  I generally don't have problems and if someone objects to something I say I attempt to discuss the matter with them and we usually end up understanding the disagreement and either coming to an agreement or disagreeing but without rancor. 


I can't prove what I say.  Obviously, I can't reproduce years of list traffic to show how infrequently people object to my posts.  But anyone who wants to see how I respond is welcome to find out for themselves by raising objections.  I may agree or disagree, but I will discuss them and if a point is raised that I think may change my mind about something, I'll say that I'm considering it or that I have changed my mind about something. 


Of course, if objections are not on topic for the list, people should write me off list.  I will respond and discuss the matter(s) raised. 


Gene

On 7/5/2021 3:51 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 03:16 PM, Gene wrote:
If you want to send me concrete examples, you said this, which didn’t address this point I made, etc. I’ll consider them.
-
No, Gene, you don't and you won't.  I've been down this road on multiple occasions with in the past, too.  I am no longer wasting my breath or my effort.

Others are not responsible to go back and get you retrospective evidence for things that have been brought to your attention on multiple occasions.  Not our jobs.  We did what we thought we should when the situations presented themselves in the natural course of things.

You have been called out about this, and not only by me, on way more than one occasion and on several of the groups we both mutually haunt.  You just don't care to listen and your offers now ring entirely hollow.  I've done what I can, and with this I'm done.  I'm just going to have to learn to ignore you when the next rounds occur, and they will.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: NVDA 2021.1 RC2 available

Rowen Cary
 

Thanks everyone, these problems no longer exist after I restarted the computer. It seems to be a misunderstanding, I'm really sorry.


Re: CTRL + ALT + N no longer working - How do I fix this?

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

Since way back in the Windows 95 days, I used to use the keystroke Control + alt + N to run Notepad and now Notepad Plus Plus. for this reason, wen I install NVDA, I always choose not to create a shortcut and then afterward, I create one myself and give it a different hotkey. can't teach an old dog new tricks.


On 7/5/2021 6:07 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
There are a couple of reasons why this might happen.  Either your NVDA shortcut on the desktop has been deleted, or it's been edited so the control+alt+n shortcut key doesn't work (less likely accidentally).

So, first of all, can you get NVDA running?  If not, are you sure it's the shortcut that's not working, and not say, your speakers? (Just trying to cover all the bases here).

Assuming it's the shortcut, if you need to start NVDA, press the windows key, type NVDA, and press ENTER and that should just about always work.

1) With NVDA running, press WINDOWS+d to minimise everything and go to the desktop.
2) Press N to move to the first item on the desktop beginning with N.
3) If the first item isn't NVDA, keep pressing N until you get to NVDA.  If you get back to the first item without getting to NVDA, skip to the next instructions.

IF you didn't get to NVDA:
4) Press the windows key and type NVDA (don't press enter)
5) Press the applications key to open the context menu.
6) Activate "Open file location".  A File Explorer window opens with the focus on NVDA.
7) Press the applications key to open the context menu.
8) Press N until the focus is on "Send to".
9) Select "Desktop" and press ENTER.
10) Press WINDOWS+D to move to the desktop, and press N until you get to NVDA.

So, either way, now you should have an NVDA icon on the desktop and the focus should be on it.  Next, to add the shortcut back:

1) Press ALT+ENTER to open the properties for the shortcut.
2) Tab twice to "Shortcut key"
3) Press CONTROL+ALT+N.  This sequence should now appear in the shortcut key edit box.
4) Press ENTER to activate the OK button and close the properties dialog.
5) Press CONTROL+ALT+N.  NVDA should now start or restart.

Kind regards

Quentin.

3) If 

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 3:08 AM anthony borg <anthonyborg001@...> wrote:

Hello

I have been noticing that the hot key control+ alt+ n, is no longer working, can somebody explain to me what I should do to be able to use it again please?

Thanks in advance

 

Anthony



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


-- 
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!


Re: Contacting add-on developers where no contact information is provided

 

Louise,

I just reviewed the Add-Ons Compatibility page, and there are a few Add-Ons where the developer is identified by name, but no e-mail address is given.  I would ask Quentin, or whoever is in charge of that page, to please reply to this message with regard to who should be contacted as maintainer of that page if someone knows the missing addresses.  I have no idea how one would submit an update.  One of the things I feel should be on any page like this is an entry, either at the top or bottom, that clearly identifies the point of contact for updates to that page.  My guess is there is someone who knows the missing email addresses, but perhaps not.

One of the add-ons where Tyler Spivey is the developer is missing his address, and I've added it in the list below, which are all the ones on the page I found without email information for the developers.  There is also one that lists Doug Lee as the developer and he has his own Contact & Support page, to which I've given the link, and maintains his own website as a whole, and I've given that link, too.

---------------------------

Dual Voice

·         Compatible: Yes (external link                    NOTE:  The link is missing and needs to be included.

·         Contact: Seyed Mahmood Taghavi-Shahri

 

Lambda Add-On for NVDA

·         Compatible: No

·         Contact: Alberto Zanella, Ivan Novegil

 

mp3DirectCut

·         Compatible: No

·         Contact: Abdel, Rémy Ruiz, Abdellah Zineddine, Jean-François Colas

Newfon

·         Compatible: No

·         Contact: Sergey Shishmintzev

 

NV Speech Player.

·         Compatible: No

·         Contact: NV Access

 

Speech History

·         Compatible: No

·         Contact: Tyler Spivey, James Scholes 

         (Tyler’s address:   tspivey@...)

 

TeamTalk Classic

·         Compatible: Yes (not updated on the website)

·         Contact: Doug Lee with initial work by Tyler Spivey and others

Doug’s Contact and Support Information page

Doug’s Website: https://dlee.org/  

 

Time Zoner

·         Compatible: No

·         Contact: Munawar Bijani

 

 

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Contacting add-on developers where no contact information is provided

Louise Pfau
 

Hi.  I just looked on the add-on compatibility status page, and there are some add-ons listed with no contact information associated with the name of the developer.  I’ve cross-referenced the list against my own list of installed add-ons to see which of the add-ons I have are currently compatible with NVDA 2021.1.  I’ll provide my list of installed add-ons upon request, so there is no clutter on the list.
 
Thanks,
 
Louise


Re: CTRL + ALT + N no longer working - How do I fix this?

Quentin Christensen
 

There are a couple of reasons why this might happen.  Either your NVDA shortcut on the desktop has been deleted, or it's been edited so the control+alt+n shortcut key doesn't work (less likely accidentally).

So, first of all, can you get NVDA running?  If not, are you sure it's the shortcut that's not working, and not say, your speakers? (Just trying to cover all the bases here).

Assuming it's the shortcut, if you need to start NVDA, press the windows key, type NVDA, and press ENTER and that should just about always work.

1) With NVDA running, press WINDOWS+d to minimise everything and go to the desktop.
2) Press N to move to the first item on the desktop beginning with N.
3) If the first item isn't NVDA, keep pressing N until you get to NVDA.  If you get back to the first item without getting to NVDA, skip to the next instructions.

IF you didn't get to NVDA:
4) Press the windows key and type NVDA (don't press enter)
5) Press the applications key to open the context menu.
6) Activate "Open file location".  A File Explorer window opens with the focus on NVDA.
7) Press the applications key to open the context menu.
8) Press N until the focus is on "Send to".
9) Select "Desktop" and press ENTER.
10) Press WINDOWS+D to move to the desktop, and press N until you get to NVDA.

So, either way, now you should have an NVDA icon on the desktop and the focus should be on it.  Next, to add the shortcut back:

1) Press ALT+ENTER to open the properties for the shortcut.
2) Tab twice to "Shortcut key"
3) Press CONTROL+ALT+N.  This sequence should now appear in the shortcut key edit box.
4) Press ENTER to activate the OK button and close the properties dialog.
5) Press CONTROL+ALT+N.  NVDA should now start or restart.

Kind regards

Quentin.

3) If 

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 3:08 AM anthony borg <anthonyborg001@...> wrote:

Hello

I have been noticing that the hot key control+ alt+ n, is no longer working, can somebody explain to me what I should do to be able to use it again please?

Thanks in advance

 

Anthony



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


control L no longer works

Arlene
 

Hi, As I replied to Brian’s message. If you hit N on the desktop. If you create the hot key to start NVDA. If it doesn’t work. Then uninstall NVDA and reinstall it.  Try creating the hot key before uninstalling it. You do it as the last  option. That’s if the hot key doesn’t work after you create one.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: CTRL + ALT + N no longer working - How do I fix this?

Arlene
 

Hi, Why don’t you try this? First go to the desktop. Hit N for NVDA. Second, hit alt enter. Tab until you hear something like desktop short cut. If you hear none. Then you create itControl Alt N  I know it’s the same way you do with Jaws.  

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: July 5, 2021 11:17 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] CTRL + ALT + N no longer working - How do I fix this?

 

You can uninstall and reinstall NVDA, making sure to make the selection to enable it during the installation process.

You can also edit the NVDA desktop shortcut manually to add CTRL + ALT + N as the keyboard shortcut for same.  The Shortcut tab is what opens by default when you open the properties for a desktop shortcut.  The Shortcut Key edit box is where you'd set up CTRL + ALT + N.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 

 


Re: cannot check boxes.

 

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 03:16 PM, Gene wrote:
If you want to send me concrete examples, you said this, which didn’t address this point I made, etc. I’ll consider them.
-
No, Gene, you don't and you won't.  I've been down this road on multiple occasions with in the past, too.  I am no longer wasting my breath or my effort.

Others are not responsible to go back and get you retrospective evidence for things that have been brought to your attention on multiple occasions.  Not our jobs.  We did what we thought we should when the situations presented themselves in the natural course of things.

You have been called out about this, and not only by me, on way more than one occasion and on several of the groups we both mutually haunt.  You just don't care to listen and your offers now ring entirely hollow.  I've done what I can, and with this I'm done.  I'm just going to have to learn to ignore you when the next rounds occur, and they will.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: cannot check boxes.

Gene
 

I’m sorry you feel that way. If I do, it is not intentional. If I misunderstand a point and don’t respond to it, that’s a misunderstanding.  I’m willing to consider specific examples and I’ve told people in the past that I am willing to do so on the rare occasions someone has complained.  But no one sends me any.  I can’t respond to generalizations. 
 
It is impossible to get along with everyone.  there are over a thousand members on this list.  I am on other lists that have a large number of members.  If I am so unreasonable and argumentative, why do I not have all sorts of problems?  Being called out by two people among perhaps seventeen hundred members of various lists isn’t very convincing.  But numbers don’t prove that either of us is right.  But they really challenge your contention.
 
On the rare instances when someone takes exception to what I say, I don’t mean disagreeing about something regarding technology or a list topic, but they object to the way I say something, I can usually come to an amicable understanding with the person.  The offer I have made in the ;past still stands.  If you want to send me concrete examples, you said this, which didn’t address this point I made, etc. I’ll consider them.  Whether I agree or not, I will consider them.  If people have such examples or other comments, they should be sent to me offlist.
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2021 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] cannot check boxes.
 
On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:06 AM, Gene wrote:
Your malicious and inaccurate message doesn’t even deserve a response.
-
Gene, you can call it whatever you like.  Two people have now called you out for the same thing.

You do not read for content and you do not listen to feedback.  You respond to what you want others to have said, not what they have said, and respond in isolation to single messages rather than an ongoing conversation and do this on a constant basis.  It's been going on for years.

You don't take gentle feedback, you don't take harsh feedback.  You just will not listen to what others are telling you, repeatedly.  That's your problem, not ours.  You will not own your own behavior.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Copy addon settings?

 

How many add-ons are we talking here?

You could copy the user configuration and just nuke the folders under the addons folder that have addons you either don't want or know to be incompatible.  So far it seems that 2021.1 is disabling incompatible add-ons anyway (or it did for me, and suggested I remove those).
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: CTRL + ALT + N no longer working - How do I fix this?

 

You can uninstall and reinstall NVDA, making sure to make the selection to enable it during the installation process.

You can also edit the NVDA desktop shortcut manually to add CTRL + ALT + N as the keyboard shortcut for same.  The Shortcut tab is what opens by default when you open the properties for a desktop shortcut.  The Shortcut Key edit box is where you'd set up CTRL + ALT + N.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Copy addon settings?

Roger Stewart
 

I just made a portable version of nvda 21.01 for testing. I want to install a few add-ons I have that I know are compatible but not all of them.  I can't just copy my user configuration to it as that will bring in several add-ons that aren't ready yet but I do want to copy the settings from Station Playlist add on to it.  Is there a way to do this?


Thanks.

Roger


CTRL + ALT + N no longer working - How do I fix this?

anthony borg
 

Hello

I have been noticing that the hot key control+ alt+ n, is no longer working, can somebody explain to me what I should do to be able to use it again please?

Thanks in advance

 

Anthony


Re: cannot check boxes.

 

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:06 AM, Gene wrote:
Your malicious and inaccurate message doesn’t even deserve a response.
-
Gene, you can call it whatever you like.  Two people have now called you out for the same thing.

You do not read for content and you do not listen to feedback.  You respond to what you want others to have said, not what they have said, and respond in isolation to single messages rather than an ongoing conversation and do this on a constant basis.  It's been going on for years.

You don't take gentle feedback, you don't take harsh feedback.  You just will not listen to what others are telling you, repeatedly.  That's your problem, not ours.  You will not own your own behavior.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: NVDA 2021.1 RC2 available

 

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 05:05 AM, Ian Blackburn wrote:
What does it mean when it says that the release candidate breaks support for add-ons
-
Exactly what it says, and has been said here repeatedly for months:  NVDA 2021.1 will only be compatible with add-ons that have been updated to keep compatibility with this release.

A very great many add-ons are already compatible with 2021.1, and I put out an Admin Notice, and have bumped it several times, with a direct link to the page for checking compatibility:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdacompat.en.html

Several others have mentioned it and/or shared it in this topic.

If the add-on or add-ons you use are shown as not being compatible, the appropriate point of contact is the developer or developers for that add-on.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: NVDA 2021.1 RC2 available

Rui Fontes
 

Or buy the SAPI5 version...

No problems with NVDA changes...


Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.


Às 13:35 de 05/07/2021, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

Rowen,

I was going to say we can't replicate your issue here, and was going to ask if you have rebooted.

We can't support illegal add-ons.  If you want Eloquence, please just buy the legal version: https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

(I believe their add-on has been updated, they may not have updated the site yet thought).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 9:47 PM Rowen Cary <manchen_0528@...> wrote:

HI, have you installed the IBM-TTS speech synthesizer? This add-on has released a version compatible with NVDA 2021.1, but I’m crashing here https://github.com/davidacm/NVDA-IBMTTS-Driver



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: cannot check boxes.

Gene
 

Your malicious and inaccurate message doesn’t even deserve a response. 
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2021 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] cannot check boxes.
 

All of your emails are abstract, and generally unhelpful. If you cannot, gean, provide any helpful info then I say get off of here and learn how to actually listen to what we are saying. You hear but you c cannot listen.

On 4 Jul 2021, at 17:48, Gene wrote:

You disagreed with me.  I responded and that’s how the discussion began.  I do ;pay attention and respond to what people say.  You said this in your initial disagreement:
“I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.  While I agree it can be annoying to find one's favorite browser does not "play well" with a given site, or that one's favorite screen reader does not, that does not mean a site is inaccessible.” 
 
As I said, there is a difference between accessible and usable.  And you never defined accessible.  You criticized my definition as being abstract.  Without a generally accepted and defined definition of accessibility, there would be no standards for determining when a site is or isn’t accessible which would pose all sorts of problems. 
 
All I said was that the problem should be called to the attention of the bank even if a work around is found.  I said nothing about people needing or not needing to use other browsers or screen-readers.  I didn’t say everyone who encounters any site they need to use a work around to access should complain to the site.  Nor am I saying that a site has to work properly with every possible combination of programs.  But a site like this, a banking site, should be generally accessible. 
 
Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2021 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] cannot check boxes.
 
On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 08:03 PM, Gene wrote:
I’m saying that, in a case like this, where a major site is not usable by a widely used screen-reader and browser or class of browsers, that site is not accessible.
-
And I have said nothing that contradicts that in regard to this specific site from the outset.

For the love of heaven, Gene, please read, and respond to, what I have actually written, with the entire context of an ongoing conversation being used as the framework.  I don't make additions to a topic like this that are each meant to stand, independently, of all others.

My very first response was to take this up with customer support since the only change had been to the website.  The screen reader and browser were the same as have been used with their site's prior iteration.

My second was advising the offering of the specific institution in question, as it's really impossible to know whether anyone else may have found an accessibility method that you (the generic you) didn't, somehow.

Talking about issues like this in the abstract is as close to a complete waste of time as one can get.  I could say, I can't access the subscription management page for my local newspaper, and it would be entirely useless to discuss unless I could give the exact URL, or say something like it's a Gannett paper and uses their subscription system (as there are hundreds of papers owned and run under the Gannett name and software).

I understand the abstract concepts regarding accessibility.  They're just of little use when discussing a specific situation and whether anyone may, or may not, have discovered a workaround.  Talking about issues with accessibility without specifics makes trying to find a solution akin to trying to nail jello to a tree.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: cannot check boxes.

Sarah k Alawami
 

This I have to agree with. I'm not a coder, but I am an end user, and I have ai believe voiced my conserns with this. I can use some stuff and even click with some stuff with OCR but it is hit and miss, more miss, at best.

On 4 Jul 2021, at 18:50, Jackie wrote:

It would be nice if OCR could be taught to recognize these
checkboxes/radio buttons as such & also their state. Doesn't seem like
that should be all that hard w/AI & all that now.

On 7/4/21, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
You disagreed with me. I responded and that’s how the discussion began. I
do ;pay attention and respond to what people say. You said this in your
initial disagreement:
“I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. While I agree it can be annoying to
find one's favorite browser does not "play well" with a given site, or that
one's favorite screen reader does not, that does not mean a site is
inaccessible.”

As I said, there is a difference between accessible and usable. And you
never defined accessible. You criticized my definition as being abstract.
Without a generally accepted and defined definition of accessibility, there
would be no standards for determining when a site is or isn’t accessible
which would pose all sorts of problems.

All I said was that the problem should be called to the attention of the
bank even if a work around is found. I said nothing about people needing or
not needing to use other browsers or screen-readers. I didn’t say everyone
who encounters any site they need to use a work around to access should
complain to the site. Nor am I saying that a site has to work properly with
every possible combination of programs. But a site like this, a banking
site, should be generally accessible.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2021 7:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] cannot check boxes.

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 08:03 PM, Gene wrote:

I’m saying that, in a case like this, where a major site is not usable by
a widely used screen-reader and browser or class of browsers, that site is
not accessible.
-
And I have said nothing that contradicts that in regard to this specific
site from the outset.

For the love of heaven, Gene, please read, and respond to, what I have
actually written, with the entire context of an ongoing conversation being
used as the framework. I don't make additions to a topic like this that are
each meant to stand, independently, of all others.

My very first response was to take this up with customer support since the
only change had been to the website. The screen reader and browser were the
same as have been used with their site's prior iteration.

My second was advising the offering of the specific institution in question,
as it's really impossible to know whether anyone else may have found an
accessibility method that you (the generic you) didn't, somehow.

Talking about issues like this in the abstract is as close to a complete
waste of time as one can get. I could say, I can't access the subscription
management page for my local newspaper, and it would be entirely useless to
discuss unless I could give the exact URL, or say something like it's a
Gannett paper and uses their subscription system (as there are hundreds of
papers owned and run under the Gannett name and software).

I understand the abstract concepts regarding accessibility. They're just of
little use when discussing a specific situation and whether anyone may, or
may not, have discovered a workaround. Talking about issues with
accessibility without specifics makes trying to find a solution akin to
trying to nail jello to a tree.

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.
The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression,
which are contained in and actuated by the body. What you do and say is the
clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel









--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


801 - 1200 of 86438