my pc works properly but NVDA IS NOT WORKINF FINE IN WINDOWS10

Moti Azrad

Dear all,

I have windows10 home edition 64 bits.

Jaws 2018 works very well.

Nvda, 2017.4 or any snapshot, don't work properly.

My question:

Every month, I am doing disk cleanup and use the file system cleaning too.

I delete it and  make after that defrag or optimize my SSD C: drive.

can NVDA be damaged with this action I'm doing monthly?

Again, Jaws is not damaged and works very well but NVDA, does not work properly with some programs as: firefox, google chrome, ms outlook 2010 Etc.

I use to delete my restore points and create manually one.

Thanks for any explanation or help for my isuue with NVDA.

Moti

Gene

You have evidently removed a program that unregistered some dll files.  How to reregister them has been discussed on the list before.  I didn't keep the information and I'll leave it to others to tell you where to find it, as to how to reregister them.  It's a simple procedure and it will probably solve your problem.

Nvda, 2017.4 or any snapshot, don't work properly.

My question:

Every month, I am doing disk cleanup and use the file system cleaning too.

I delete it and  make after that defrag or optimize my SSD C: drive.

can NVDA be damaged with this action I'm doing monthly?

Again, Jaws is not damaged and works very well but NVDA, does not work properly with some programs as: firefox, google chrome, ms outlook 2010 Etc.

I use to delete my restore points and create manually one.

Thanks for any explanation or help for my isuue with NVDA.

Moti

hello.
just disk clean up does not cause problem for nvda.
i use disk clean up on windows xp, c drive only and have no issue with nvda.

[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Not really, but if we knew what exactly the issue you are having is, somebody might be able to give you an educated guess as to what is going on.

Do you have the latest version of the windows 10 essentials add on installed?
Also which synth are you using and do you turn off jaws when using nvda. However a really detailed description of the problem is what we need on cases like this.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Nvda, 2017.4 or any snapshot, don't work properly.

My question:

Every month, I am doing disk cleanup and use the file system cleaning too.

I delete it and make after that defrag or optimize my SSD C: drive.

can NVDA be damaged with this action I'm doing monthly?

Again, Jaws is not damaged and works very well but NVDA, does not work
properly with some programs as: firefox, google chrome, ms outlook 2010 Etc.

I use to delete my restore points and create manually one.

Thanks for any explanation or help for my isuue with NVDA.

Moti

Moti Azrad

Hello Brain and Gene and others,

First, thanks for your trying to help.
To answer your questions brian:
I sure turn off Jaws and works with NVDA ONLY.
Second, the problem with NVDA OCCURS WITH ALL THE SYNTHS THAT I TRIED.
With Espeak, Microsoft Sapi 5 Etc.
Nvda does not work properly with Google Chrome too and firefox.esr and with
Outlook 2010 program.
I believe that NVDA IS DAMAGED AND I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO REPAIR IT OR TO
RESET MY PC.
To reset my pc, I will go when I don't have any other solution.
But again, Jaws 2018 works very well with all the programs I have in my pc.

If my problem was discussed here, I'll be happy to get the solution as Gene
worte here and I'll be much thankful for any help.

Moti

I installed and reinstalled NVDA MANY TIMES BUT THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK
NO12:07 PM
WINDOWS10

Dear all,

I have windows10 home edition 64 bits.

Jaws 2018 works very well.

Nvda, 2017.4 or any snapshot, don't work properly.

My question:

Every month, I am doing disk cleanup and use the file system cleaning too.

I delete it and make after that defrag or optimize my SSD C: drive.

can NVDA be damaged with this action I'm doing monthly?

Again, Jaws is not damaged and works very well but NVDA, does not work
properly with some programs as: firefox, google chrome, ms outlook
2010 Etc.

I use to delete my restore points and create manually one.

Thanks for any explanation or help for my isuue with NVDA.

Moti

Arlene

Noti, I hope they find or you find a work around for NVDA to work with your
win ten system. Good thing you have jaws 18. It's good to have a back up
screen reader should one go gunnybag.

[...]

Hi, this person's having this problem with win ten.

Nvda, 2017.4 or any snapshot, don't work properly.

My question:

Every month, I am doing disk cleanup and use the file system cleaning too.

I delete it and make after that defrag or optimize my SSD C: drive.

can NVDA be damaged with this action I'm doing monthly?

Again, Jaws is not damaged and works very well but NVDA, does not work
properly with some programs as: firefox, google chrome, ms outlook
2010 Etc.

I use to delete my restore points and create manually one.

Thanks for any explanation or help for my isuue with NVDA.

Moti

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages www.al-islam.org

Chris

What is not working properly???

Without further information its all going to be a guess

On 2/5/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

> You have evidently removed a program that unregistered some dll files.

> How to reregister them has been discussed on the list before.  I

> didn't keep the information and I'll leave it to others to tell you

> where to find it, as to how to reregister them.  It's a simple

> procedure and it will probably solve your problem.

> Gene

Well optimising your ssd is supposed to shorten its life.

I have not noticed dammage while cleaning things to anything but google some of the chrome extentions can get dammaged.

I clear my restores every 6 months.

You shouldn't need to clean things every month.

I run ccleaner each session and at the end of the day to clear any potential nastys out of my temp locations.

I get a lot of malware in my temp locations which I don't care much if someone gets in there as I am always clearing that out of my temp locations.

As for disk cleanup every 6 munths or so.

Most of it is small fry, temp locations, and a few other things.

The biggest waste of space are old windows updates and logs.

If you ever clear windows defender its going to say your system is not secure and prompt you to scan till you do because its got nothing to show its been activated or anything so I don't clear this.

As for restore points, I clear points every so often,  I do clear all points before a major windows update and make another.

What I wish was for ms to clear all recovery partitons which were not the current windows update, yeah I know I can do this via partid but I'd like a guid thing or an automated things to clear out well partitions and resize things accordingly which are not manufacturer or the latest windows upgrade partition.

To be honest I don't know why ms doesn't do it itself when upgrading why leave a lot of non functional 500mb partitions at all.

On 6/02/2018 1:07 a.m., Moty Azrad wrote:
Dear all,

I have windows10 home edition 64 bits.

Jaws 2018 works very well.

Nvda, 2017.4 or any snapshot, don't work properly.

My question:

Every month, I am doing disk cleanup and use the file system cleaning too.

I delete it and make after that defrag or optimize my SSD C: drive.

can NVDA be damaged with this action I'm doing monthly?

Again, Jaws is not damaged and works very well but NVDA, does not work
properly with some programs as: firefox, google chrome, ms outlook 2010 Etc.

I use to delete my restore points and create manually one.

Thanks for any explanation or help for my isuue with NVDA.

Moti

Moti Azrad

Chris,

I worte here some times that NVDA does not work with, google chrome, or firefox.esr, or MS Outlook 2010 Etc.

Again, I hope some one helps me. Gene worte here that this problem had been discussed here and the solution was written here but up to now, I didn't get any solution.

Thanks and hope for more support.

Thanks much again.

Moti

On 2/5/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

> You have evidently removed a program that unregistered some dll files.

> How to reregister them has been discussed on the list before.  I

> didn't keep the information and I'll leave it to others to tell you

> where to find it, as to how to reregister them.  It's a simple

> procedure and it will probably solve your problem.

> Gene

What does or doesnt nvda do specifically?

On 2/5/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

> You have evidently removed a program that unregistered some dll files.

> How to reregister them has been discussed on the list before.  I

> didn't keep the information and I'll leave it to others to tell you

> where to find it, as to how to reregister them.  It's a simple

> procedure and it will probably solve your problem.

> Gene

I am using NVDA for some years and now my NVDA DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY.

I CAN USE IT LITTLE BIT FOR READING DOCUMENTS WITH ms word but many other programs do't work.

I see that no one may help and I will have to go to reset my PC to solve that problem.

Thanks

Moti

On 2/5/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

> You have evidently removed a program that unregistered some dll files.

> How to reregister them has been discussed on the list before.  I

> didn't keep the information and I'll leave it to others to tell you

> where to find it, as to how to reregister them.  It's a simple

> procedure and it will probably solve your problem.

> Gene

What I’m trying to get at is what is the behaviour you are experienceing?

Does it say nothing at all or says gibberish or unknown or something else  etc

I’m sorry but saying doesn’t work does not compute with me

One thing you could try is to delete/move/rename the profile folder in your c:\users\profile name\appdata\roaming\nvda

Then restart nvda which will create anew profile

With defaults see if that helps

And of course you did try a reboot firs rightt?

Other than that its a guess without further information

On 2/5/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

> You have evidently removed a program that unregistered some dll files.

> How to reregister them has been discussed on the list before.  I

> didn't keep the information and I'll leave it to others to tell you

> where to find it, as to how to reregister them.  It's a simple

> procedure and it will probably solve your problem.

> Gene

Hmm, well, I do not know enough about Outlook to comment, but this sounds to me like it might be windows related.
When we said reset, what we meant was that if you found it used to work and now it does not, if you could take your machine back to a date before it went wrong in nvda, then it worked, job solved, if not then there is probably an issue with nvda.
Try creating a portable copy from a new version of the download. OK so some things it cannot read since its not an installed copy but if it behaves as expected, it most probably means there is corruption somewhere in the installed copy. Somebody later on explains how to reset it. Also although you do not use add ons, did you perhaps set up a profile?

That should also show up if it works with a portable copy too.
[...]

The problem with Jaws is that it costs a packet, and so do the updates.

I'm sure the problem is not complex, but as is most things on computers, pinpointing the actual cause needs some logic applied to the diagnostics and only try one thing at a time.
[...]

I doubt very much if it cares which windows it is, one can get similar weird stuff on them all.

I think he needs to be more specific with the actual failings.
[...]

Actually ccleaner does not really do much optimising, so is safe on ssds, it just clears out clutter in both the files and registry.
I'd not use one of the third party defrag and optimiser on an ssd as it often does multiple read writes to the disc.

[...]

People can tell you how to attempt to solve the problem.  It sounds to me like the problem of unregistered dll files.  Aside from that, you don't have to reset Windows if you can't solve the problem by registering the dll files again if you have system restore on and if you have a restore point from before the problem began.  You should have system restore on or some other reversion system available.

On 2/5/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

> You have evidently removed a program that unregistered some dll files.

> How to reregister them has been discussed on the list before.  I

> didn't keep the information and I'll leave it to others to tell you

> where to find it, as to how to reregister them.  It's a simple

> procedure and it will probably solve your problem.

> Gene

The info we need is, for example in the web browsers is it the page info that is not reading, ie does the pull down menu system work. In outlook which bits work and which do not.

Its all a need to pinpoint where the problem lies. The fact that Jaws still works only means that its interacting with the system in a different way, you might find in fact that other applications have issues with jaws.
[...]

No we were trying to actually pin it down, as just not working is too vague really.