NVDA next snapshot and an extra sound

inamuddinInam Uddin

Dear friends, I’m using NVDA next snapshot version 14835, 560ed22a whenever I start it, I hear an extra sound which is Bing sound.

Please let me know if it is the indication of some sort of error?

If I’m  getting  error every time, then I should stop using that snapshot and start using stable NVDA.

I hope that my question will be entertained swiftly.

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Brice Mijares

I too get this sound.

On 2/6/2018 7:28 AM, inamuddinInam Uddin via Groups.Io wrote:
Dear friends, I’m using NVDA next snapshot version 14835, 560ed22a whenever I start it, I hear an extra sound which is Bing sound.
Please let me know if it is the indication of some sort of error?
If I’m  getting  error every time, then I should stop using that snapshot and start using stable NVDA.
I hope that my question will be entertained swiftly.
Charlsdarwin1
You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@gmail.com
Inamuddin.ronaque@gmail.com
outlook:
inam092@outlook.com
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@yahoo.ca
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Gene

If you are getting an error and the program works properly, what the error is might be of interest to developers but you can disregard it and run the program if you want since the error is causing no problems, at least none you are aware of.  If you find something not working correctly, you can see if it works properly with the nontest version.  In the same way, if you have a program that works properly and produces an error on closing, there is no reason not to use the program.  It doesn't matter if it produces an error on closing because you aren't going to use it anyway.  Part of becoming a good computer user is to understand when you can ignore something and when you have to worry about it.  These are examples.

Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 9:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA next snapshot and an extra sound

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I am using.
NVDA version next-14835,560ed22a

And hear nothing but of course it could be you have fallen foul of the new postpone update code error in the snap a couple previous. I had to do a manual update to the one before the above then it updated ok.

If its not that then maybe an add on is being bad on the new snap. Try restarting with add ons disabled then you can put them on or take them off till it goes away, assuming of course it did!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Next time you get it, look at the log and see what is going on. Set logging level to debug then restart nvda for the most comprehensive results obviously.
[...]

Dear friend, first of all thanks for guidance.

I discovered that vocalizer voice is creating the problem.

I removed it several time and reinstalled it but nothing happened so I finally disabled the driver and the voice both!

Now please help me what can I do!

I just wanted to correct the issue!

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Dear here is the log:

file 'C:\Users\inamuddin\AppData\Roaming\nvda\speechDicts\voiceDicts.v1\espeak\espeak-English (Great Britain).dic' not found. file 'C:\Users\inamuddin\AppData\Roaming\nvda\speechDicts\voiceDicts.v1\espeak\espeak-English (Great Britain).dic' not found.

Please help me fixing the error!

[...]

What do you mean what should you do.  If you just want to use the program with that voice, use it with the voice that is creating the error if the program is working properly.
If you are asking how to look at the log and report the error, someone who knows about that will have to discuss it.  I know very little about how that is done.

[...]

You may need to talk to the vendor and get an updated copy or perhaps find some left over bit of the old install which might be doing the dirty deed.
[...]

That is espeak though, not the synth you mention.
That should not cause the error sound.