Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 9:34 PM
Subject: [nvda] At a loss

Well, I've done all I know-except a system restore  which I'm having trouble with  and also think it won't go back far enough-and I'm out of ideas.  NVDA still says unknown at most things  and is silent on web pages and context menus.  I hate the idea of the very last resort of the advanced recovery of Windows 10 where it would reinstall itself  because of having to reinstall everything.  My other screen readers have no problem, it's only NVDA.

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

the question probably has been already asked which operating system are you using?

If it says like down in the running applications area saying the icons are unknown or pane or i think it is unknown in the browser and in the context menu not been spoken out etc.

The ticket it might refer to is https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2807
Have a look down near aug 13 i think it is 2017 and there are other fixes for windows 7,8 and 10.

Up on my website i have only referenced it for the may version of the steps for windows 10

Gene nz

On 2/7/2018 4:34 PM, Debra Gardner wrote:
Well, I've done all I know-except a system restore  which I'm having trouble with  and also think it won't go back far enough-and I'm out of ideas.  NVDA still says unknown at most things  and is silent on web pages and context menus.  I hate the idea of the very last resort of the advanced recovery of Windows 10 where it would reinstall itself  because of having to reinstall everything.  My other screen readers have no problem, it's only NVDA.

Debra Gardner

I'm using Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.192.  I've tried the string to reregister the dl files, but no go.

Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] At a loss

[...]

it has to be done ex actually as it is written what you need to type in.

Are you using a 32 bit machine? or a 64 bit machine I would have to check back on the ticket if there was a difference in what you typed.

did you also reboot after doing it?

was the fix from off the accessibilitycentral.net website of mine? and that was the one used?

Gene nz

Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:06 PM

[...]

I have a 64-bit machine.  I typed in what was there beginning with the word for and a space then the rest of the string.  I copied it to my clipboard and pasted it in.  I didn't reboot, only got out with alt f4.  I didn't know I was supposed to reboot.  I guess I could try it again   because  there was no immediate change..

Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:06 PM

[...]

In the search box after typing in command prompt when the search result come up in windows i am wondering if fyou might of missed the step where then you hit the applications key on the result then arrow down on to the run as admin or what ever it is called then pressed the enter key. that will then give you admin rights then type in what you copied and pasted or did it?

After it has done its thing then you can close it with the alt key + f4 key, you might have to reboot but before you do check to see if you are still having the same problems I think it fixes it before hand.

it was a while back when i done it to a couple of machines.

Gene nz

Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:06 PM

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think there was an update to the maths ml or whatever its called that also deregistered stuff.
I do wish companies would make sure their update and uninstallers put back stuff correctly.

Strangely, I still could not find your post on the email list and wondered if there is something in the posts for this that my email provider is deleting.
Strange.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.