From: Kwork [mailto:istherelife@...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:59 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] topics straying out of NVDA territory

I'm noticing that we're straying away on many of these discussions from actually discussing NVDA. With groups.io, sub groups can be created. Moderators, just a suggestion: what about creating an NVDA chat subgroup for those who are members of this list, and who want to keep things off topic for the main list? I personally don't mind using my delete key, but would rather use it for topics I'm just not interested in rather than trying to figure out which topics of departed from actual NVDA discussion. Just a suggestion.

Travis

Why didn't I think of that.
I do think an offtopic group for debates and other stuff would be a good idea.
I also think issues should be aired.
If one is created I'll vote for it.
Thanks for that travis I had forgot about that, I used to belong to a chat group but there was to much traffic on it so quit but I do enjoy this, I am just waiting for it to close but yeah your idea so you bring it to the mods and see what they say.
You have a suppoorter at any rate.

On 20/04/2016 4:59 p.m., Kwork wrote:
I'm noticing that we're straying away on many of these discussions from actually discussing NVDA. With groups.io, sub groups can be created. Moderators, just a suggestion: what about creating an NVDA chat subgroup for those who are members of this list, and who want to keep things off topic for the main list? I personally don't mind using my delete key, but would rather use it for topics I'm just not interested in rather than trying to figure out which topics of departed from actual NVDA discussion. Just a suggestion.
Travis

Well I enjoy debates like this especially since its not gone to a flame war.
I didn't think of a sub though travis did, I wouldn't mind an offtopic group as long as it doesn't generate to much.
On that note if it ever got to much we could always have a pun bb hosted forum for nvda with rooms for general chat off topic and various places though that could be in the future.

On 20/04/2016 5:23 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,

This is the reason why we had subgroup proposals in the first place. But
more importantly, I'm debating whether to declare an emergency or not after
asking Nimer.

Cheers,

Joseph

I'm noticing that we're straying away on many of these discussions from
actually discussing NVDA. With groups.io, sub groups can be created.
Moderators, just a suggestion: what about creating an NVDA chat subgroup for
those who are members of this list, and who want to keep things off topic
for the main list? I personally don't mind using my delete key, but would
rather use it for topics I'm just not interested in rather than trying to
figure out which topics of departed from actual NVDA discussion. Just a
suggestion.

Travis

Kevin Cussick

I agree, my mail is now full of stuff I don't want to read even some of the mods are now straying! we all do it but remember folks some of us get loads of mail and really hitting the delete key over and over again gets annoying.

On 20/04/2016 05:59, Kwork wrote:
I'm noticing that we're straying away on many of these discussions from
actually discussing NVDA. With groups.io, sub groups can be created.
Moderators, just a suggestion: what about creating an NVDA chat subgroup
for those who are members of this list, and who want to keep things off
topic for the main list? I personally don't mind using my delete key,
but would rather use it for topics I'm just not interested in rather
than trying to figure out which topics of departed from actual NVDA
discussion. Just a suggestion.
Travis

Rosemarie Chavarria

A chat group would be great. I too used to be on one years ago but there was
a lot of traffic on that one so I left.