Unable to Start Outlook 2016 While Running NVDA

Ralph Boersema

Note: I changed the subject line when I sent the message below, but it continued with the original subject when I received it. So, I’ll try again.

I am running Windows 10 and have the latest update of NVDA. Lately my Outlook 2016 has restarted almost every time I change folders in my Outlook Mail. Then, yesterday I found that it would present a problem and not be able to restart. I could also not start up Outlook from the Windows Start menu. With the help of sighted persons, we found that we needed to exit Nvda, open Outlook  and a particular mail folder, and only then start up NVDA.

Any suggestions?

Warmly,

Ralph

Pranav Lal

Ralf,

How are you changing folders in Outlook 2016? There is a known bug where if you use ctrl+y and the resulting tree view to switch folders, outlook crashes. You need to use the folder pane accessed by ctrl+shift+tab.

Pranav

Ralph Boersema

I use Ctrl + Tab.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 7:45 PM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Ralf,

How are you changing folders in Outlook 2016? There is a known bug where if you use ctrl+y and the resulting tree view to switch folders, outlook crashes. You need to use the folder pane accessed by ctrl+shift+tab.

Pranav

Gene

There is a bug somewhere, I think in Outlook 16 that, when you use control y, craches the program.  I don't use Outlook.  Try using both control shift tab or just shift tab to move to the message list.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 7:45 PM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Ralf,

How are you changing folders in Outlook 2016? There is a known bug where if you use ctrl+y and the resulting tree view to switch folders, outlook crashes. You need to use the folder pane accessed by ctrl+shift+tab.

Pranav

Pranav Lal

Ralph,

Ctrl+tab also works. F6 is another key that also works to switch between panes.

Pranav