From: Hank Smith, and Seeing-eye dog Iona [mailto:hank.smith966@...]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 12:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] screen review help

Hello I am trying to use the screen review mode I am sitting on the program that I am wanting to read all I get is top bottum nothing will read with the screen review mode can any one help?
I have never gotten the screen review to work nor the object review.
Hank

I am not seeing that just the object review and the screen review no document mode

Hi, Hank,

What about document review?

Rosemarie

Hello I am trying to use the screen review mode I am sitting on the program that I am wanting to read all I get is top bottum nothing will read with the screen review mode can any one help?
I have never gotten the screen review to work nor the object review.
Hank

Roger Stewart

Document mode isn't available unless you are in a window that supports it like a web page other HTML documents and a few others. Otherwise, it just doesn't appear.

Roger

On 4/22/2016 3:03 PM, Hank Smith, and Seeing-eye dog Iona wrote:
I am not seeing that just the object review and the screen review no document mode

Hi, Hank,

What about document review?

Rosemarie

Hello I am trying to use the screen review mode I am sitting on the program that I am wanting to read all I get is top bottum nothing will read with the screen review mode can any one help?
I have never gotten the screen review to work nor the object review.
Hank

Patrick Le Baudour

Hi,

What application are you trying it on ?
Object review is usually useful for specific kinds of things, like chat or command-line output, where you have a single object containing lots of text.
Screen review can be more useful for things like dialogs, i.e. more complex structures with some parts that can't be tabved on. It can be completely useless with some applications, where nothing will be found.

-- Patrick.

Le 22/04/2016 21:53, Hank Smith, and Seeing-eye dog Iona a écrit :
Hello I am trying to use the screen review mode I am sitting on the
program that I am wanting to read
all I get is top bottum nothing will read with the screen review mode
can any one help?
I have never gotten the screen review to work nor the object review.
Hank

Hello I am using it on the windows 10 pe its a disk that has a hole bunch of recovery apps and other things
for restoring to pc.
thanks
Hank

On 4/22/2016 1:14 PM, Patrick Le Baudour wrote:
Hi,

What application are you trying it on ?
Object review is usually useful for specific kinds of things, like chat or command-line output, where you have a single object containing lots of text.
Screen review can be more useful for things like dialogs, i.e. more complex structures with some parts that can't be tabved on. It can be completely useless with some applications, where nothing will be found.

-- Patrick.

Le 22/04/2016 21:53, Hank Smith, and Seeing-eye dog Iona a écrit :
Hello I am trying to use the screen review mode I am sitting on the
program that I am wanting to read
all I get is top bottum nothing will read with the screen review mode
can any one help?
I have never gotten the screen review to work nor the object review.
Hank

Well, first we need to know hat program it is, as no amount of messing about will make programs work that do not have controls asobjects visible to access technology. If its just a picture of words, then its just a picture and your experience will be as you describe.
If you try it on a known program with readable text but that cannot be read by the normal modes, then the navigation modes work fine for me at least.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hello I am trying to use the screen review mode I am sitting on the program that I am wanting to read
all I get is top bottum nothing will read with the screen review mode
can any one help?
I have never gotten the screen review to work nor the object review.
Hank

Which was why I asked about the software trying to be read. There are some real lead balloons of software out there at the moment. Some software sent out with a certain wifi dongle and a sound card come to mind in this context.