Topics

Admin's Note: Welcome Your New Moderator

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

I would like to welcome all of you to the new moderator who will step into Joseph's hard-to-fill shoes. Many of you know this individual, as he posts frequently with thoughtful, well-researched content. He has done this for a long time now.

Please welcome Gene to the moderation team. He will work with Joseph closely until the end of May to make sure that he has all of the information he needs to step into the position. Gene and I will work closely to continue to make sure that this list runs without problems. We will, of course, miss Joseph as he embarks on a new journey.

If you have any questions, concerns, problems or suggestions, please let the moderation team know at nvda+owner@groups.io

Gene

I would like to thank Nimer Jaber for the honor of being selected as a moderator. 
I am not yet acting as a moderator but at the outset, I want to make what I consider an important point. 

When I am writing as a list member and not sending moderation messages, I want and hope that list members will treat me as they always have.  That is, list members may feel as free as before to comment or disagree with me when I write as a member.  When I write as a moderator, then the rules apply for dealing with moderation matters but I see the two as completely separate.  I have the impression that on many lists, moderators may be treated differently even when they are participating as list members and I want to assure the list that I don't want that to be the case with me. 

I am looking forward to working with Nimer to keep the list running smoothly and to help the list meet the needs and concerns of NVDA users.  I look forward to serving the list.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:18 PM
Subject: [nvda] Admin's Note: Welcome Your New Moderator

Hello everyone,

I would like to welcome all of you to the new moderator who will step into Joseph's hard-to-fill shoes. Many of you know this individual, as he posts frequently with thoughtful, well-researched content. He has done this for a long time now.

Please welcome Gene to the moderation team. He will work with Joseph closely until the end of May to make sure that he has all of the information he needs to step into the position. Gene and I will work closely to continue to make sure that this list runs without problems. We will, of course, miss Joseph as he embarks on a new journey.

If you have any questions, concerns, problems or suggestions, please let the moderation team know at nvda+owner@groups.io

Gerardo Corripio

Ewelcome Gene aboard!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone 4S

El 24/04/2016, a las 3:18 p.m., Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> escribió:

Hello everyone,

Lino Morales

Which one? NZ Geene or US Geene.

On 4/24/2016 4:18 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello everyone,

Antony Stone

It looks like Mr. Asner to me - so, the Chicago, US one; not the one from
Stratford, NZ.

Antony.

On Sunday 24 April 2016 at 22:51:10, Lino Morales wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would like to welcome all of you to the new moderator who will step
into Joseph's hard-to-fill shoes. Many of you know this individual, as
he posts frequently with thoughtful, well-researched content. He has
done this for a long time now.

Please welcome Gene to the moderation team. He will work with Joseph
closely until the end of May to make sure that he has all of the
information he needs to step into the position. Gene and I will work
closely to continue to make sure that this list runs without problems.
We will, of course, miss Joseph as he embarks on a new journey.

If you have any questions, concerns, problems or suggestions, please
let the moderation team know at nvda+owner@groups.io
<mailto:nvda+owner@groups.io>
--
All generalisations are inaccurate.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Ron Canazzi

Yeah, I recognized this writing style even before I double checked by checking the address.

On 4/24/2016 5:18 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
Stratford, NZ.

Antony.

Hello everyone,

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Lino Morales

OK cool. He didn't say. Just Gene.

On 4/24/2016 5:18 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
Stratford, NZ.

Antony.

Hello everyone,

David Moore

Congratulations, Gene and Nimer!
I understand what you are saying, Gene. I want to be treated just the same on lists that I am a moderator on as well. I love this list and learn so much about NvDA. Thanks guys.

Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Admin's Note: Welcome Your New Moderator

I would like to thank Nimer Jaber for the honor of being selected as a moderator. 
I am not yet acting as a moderator but at the outset, I want to make what I consider an important point. 

When I am writing as a list member and not sending moderation messages, I want and hope that list members will treat me as they always have.  That is, list members may feel as free as before to comment or disagree with me when I write as a member.  When I write as a moderator, then the rules apply for dealing with moderation matters but I see the two as completely separate.  I have the impression that on many lists, moderators may be treated differently even when they are participating as list members and I want to assure the list that I don't want that to be the case with me. 

I am looking forward to working with Nimer to keep the list running smoothly and to help the list meet the needs and concerns of NVDA users.  I look forward to serving the list.

Gene

Hello everyone,

Arlene

Hi Geane Welcome to the mod team. I hope you will be a success on this list!

Sent: April-24-16 1:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hello everyone,

Mr. Wong Chi Wai <cwwong.pro@...>

Welcome Geane
Arlene 於 25/4/2016 7:09 寫道:

Hello everyone,

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

Welcome. II'm sure you'll do a great job as a moderator.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 5:56 PM

Welcome Geane

Arlene 於 25/4/2016 7:09 寫道:

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Hello everyone,

If you have any questions, concerns, problems or suggestions, please let the moderation team know at nvda+owner@groups.io <mailto:nvda+owner@groups.io>

Kwork

Welcome, Gene. I'm guessing it's the US Gene rather than the NZ Gene.
Travis

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 1:18 PM

Hello everyone,

Kwork

Yep. US Gene. Welcome to the moderation team!
Travis

Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 1:30 PM

Gene

Hello everyone,

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

Hi, and goodluck.
What you need is an alias, or alter ego kind of name for the moderation job.
:-)
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 9:30 PM

When I am writing as a list member and not sending moderation messages, I want and hope that list members will treat me as they always have. That is, list members may feel as free as before to comment or disagree with me when I write as a member. When I write as a moderator, then the rules apply for dealing with moderation matters but I see the two as completely separate. I have the impression that on many lists, moderators may be treated differently even when they are participating as list members and I want to assure the list that I don't want that to be the case with me.

I am looking forward to working with Nimer to keep the list running smoothly and to help the list meet the needs and concerns of NVDA users. I look forward to serving the list.

Gene

Hello everyone,

john s

Gene, welcome as mod.  I'm sure you will do a good job.  I've seen your posts on many list and you are very helpful.

earlier, Gene, wrote:

Gene

Hello everyone,

John

An alias ?
Why not DNA ?
Tell me, what better alias for a gene ... !
Anyway welcome Gene to this primary function!
And a very big thank you to Joseph Lee, the former very effective moderator.
Daniel

Le 25/04/2016 08:54, Brian's Mail list account a écrit :
Hi, and goodluck.
What you need is an alias, or alter ego kind of name for the moderation job.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>

When I am writing as a list member and not sending moderation messages, I want and hope that list members will treat me as they always have. That is, list members may feel as free as before to comment or disagree with me when I write as a member. When I write as a moderator, then the rules apply for dealing with moderation matters but I see the two as completely separate. I have the impression that on many lists, moderators may be treated differently even when they are participating as list members and I want to assure the list that I don't want that to be the case with me.

I am looking forward to working with Nimer to keep the list running smoothly and to help the list meet the needs and concerns of NVDA users. I look forward to serving the list.

Gene

Hello everyone,

Chris Mullins

Brilliant LOL
Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 April 2016 13:18

An alias ?
Why not DNA ?
Tell me, what better alias for a gene ... !
Anyway welcome Gene to this primary function!
And a very big thank you to Joseph Lee, the former very effective moderator.
Daniel

Le 25/04/2016 08:54, Brian's Mail list account a écrit :
Hi, and goodluck.
What you need is an alias, or alter ego kind of name for the
moderation job.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>

I would like to thank Nimer Jaber for the honor of being selected as a
moderator.
I am not yet acting as a moderator but at the outset, I want to make
what I consider an important point.

When I am writing as a list member and not sending moderation
messages, I want and hope that list members will treat me as they
always have. That is, list members may feel as free as before to
comment or disagree with me when I write as a member. When I write as
a moderator, then the rules apply for dealing with moderation matters
but I see the two as completely separate. I have the impression that
on many lists, moderators may be treated differently even when they
are participating as list members and I want to assure the list that I
don't want that to be the case with me.

I am looking forward to working with Nimer to keep the list running
smoothly and to help the list meet the needs and concerns of NVDA
users. I look forward to serving the list.

Gene

Hello everyone,

Fernando Apan

That sounds wonderful, I’m sure it was a good desition. Welcome Gene!
Cheers.

Fernando Apan.

Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:30 PM

Gene

Hello everyone,

Fernando Apan
Tel: (228) 8 16 53 90
Twitter: @fernandoapan
Sitio web personal:
http://www.musicaenbraille.com
Museo del café:
http://www.elcafe-tal.com