Making pauses durring say all?

Matt Turner

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

Let's say I'm reading a book, or what ever, is there anyway to have the voice I'm using pause, while reading?

Adriani Botez

Hello,

just press the shift key.

Best
Adriani

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] Im Auftrag von
Matt Turner
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. Februar 2018 21:38
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: [nvda] Making pauses durring say all?

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

Let's say I'm reading a book, or what ever, is there anyway to have the voice
I'm using pause, while reading?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do you mean, just to pause it manually or are you asking if there is some control character, you can embed to do this always?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Let's say I'm reading a book, or what ever, is there anyway to have the voice I'm using pause, while reading?

Matt Turner

I should have been more clearer.

Something that I could say pause after every sentence, kind of like jaws does.

On 2/10/2018 4:44 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Do you mean, just to pause it manually or are you asking if there is some control character, you can embed to do this always?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Turner" <meturner2214@gmail.com>
Let's say I'm reading a book, or what ever, is there anyway to have the voice I'm using pause, while reading?

Hi,
This is mostly synthesizer dependent, although there is a huge project to bring this to reality somewhat.
Cheers,
Joseph

Let's say I'm reading a book, or what ever, is there anyway to have
the voice I'm using pause, while reading?

Gene

What synthesizer are you using?  There are already pauses after sentences with every synthesizer I've used and they are longer than the pauses JAWS has if using Eloquence.  In JAWS, the pauses are almost nonexistent and almost the only thing that happens is that the voice is lowered as it would be at the end.  I haven't tried other synthesizers in JAWS.  Are you saying you don't hear a brief pause?