NVDA And Automatic Update

inamuddinInam Uddin

Dear I have been using NVDA as a second option screen reader and wanted to use it as my first screen reader but before that I must learn how to use it just like I can use JAWS.

Today I’d like to talk about NVDA and automatic update.

Whenever an update of NVDA comes, my system is not telling me that the update is available.

I have started using NVDA snapshot which roughly updates every day but My NVDA doesn’t announce that an update is available.

Can anybody give me the solution?

I sincerely hope that my question will be entertained swiftly!

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Richard Bartholomew

You mention you are using JAWS, too; in which case, you should be able to read the DAISY recordings using FS Reader.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Normally auto updates are enabled, In fact I got one on the master branch this very morning, and it worked, though failed to restart the new copy and crashed, but hose who know me know this is a rare issue that can occur and is easily rectified. Now if you have a portable version, often one finds the update panel opens minimised. Indeed also the install or postpone dialogue does the same.

I don't think this is fixable as its been the case most of the time. All I can suggest for portable copies is now and then do an alt tab around the running processes and it will show up.
Be assured that when its installed, provided the box is checked for auto updates, it works ok for everyone I've spoken to.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Dear I have been using NVDA as a second option screen reader and wanted to use it as my first screen reader but before that I must learn how to use it just like I can use JAWS.
Today I’d like to talk about NVDA and automatic update.
Whenever an update of NVDA comes, my system is not telling me that the update is available.
I have started using NVDA snapshot which roughly updates every day but My NVDA doesn’t announce that an update is available.
Can anybody give me the solution?
I sincerely hope that my question will be entertained swiftly!
Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@gmail.com
Inamuddin.ronaque@gmail.com