From: Christo de Klerk
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Serious issue with last two NVDA snapshots

Hello all

When I installed the last two NVDA master snapshots on my 64 bit Lenovo,
I have run into the following problem: When I start NVDA, an error
message comes up with the title: "nvdaHelperRemote
(outprocMgrThreadFunc)" and the text in the dialog is: "Error
registering focus winEvent hook". There is only an Ok button. When I Ok
the dialog, NVDA works, except there is no browse mode which makes using
apps like a web browser impossible. I had to fall back to an earlier
snapshot where everything works again. I can add that this problem
happens only on my 64 bit computer and not on the 32 bit.

Any thoughts/advice please? I hope the developers are noting this.

Kind regards

Christo

Sorry to sound ignorant but I was meaning to ask for sometime now.
What is a snapshot? What's the difference from downloading the regular
copy of NVDA?
Nevzat

On 2/10/18, Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@...> wrote:
i also am having similar issues with the latest snap, i can not access the
task manager under win 10.

When I installed the last two NVDA master snapshots on my 64 bit Lenovo,
I have run into the following problem: When I start NVDA, an error
message comes up with the title: "nvdaHelperRemote
(outprocMgrThreadFunc)" and the text in the dialog is: "Error
registering focus winEvent hook". There is only an Ok button. When I Ok
the dialog, NVDA works, except there is no browse mode which makes using
apps like a web browser impossible. I had to fall back to an earlier
snapshot where everything works again. I can add that this problem
happens only on my 64 bit computer and not on the 32 bit.

Any thoughts/advice please? I hope the developers are noting this.

Kind regards

Christo

Christo de Klerk

Snapshots are development versions. There are very regular snapshots, at the moment about daily. You get a kind of foretaste of new features, but you also have to accept the bugs in the meantime, because it is still being worked on.

Regards

Christo

On 2018/02/10 3:24 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
[...]

Jonathan COHN

That error sounds like something with the NVDA remote addin. What happens if you disable the addon?

On 2/10/18, 8:10 AM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Christo de Klerk" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of christodeklerk@...> wrote:

Hello all

When I installed the last two NVDA master snapshots on my 64 bit Lenovo,
I have run into the following problem: When I start NVDA, an error
message comes up with the title: "nvdaHelperRemote
(outprocMgrThreadFunc)" and the text in the dialog is: "Error
registering focus winEvent hook". There is only an Ok button. When I Ok
the dialog, NVDA works, except there is no browse mode which makes using
apps like a web browser impossible. I had to fall back to an earlier
snapshot where everything works again. I can add that this problem
happens only on my 64 bit computer and not on the 32 bit.

Any thoughts/advice please? I hope the developers are noting this.

Kind regards

Christo

Brian's Mail list account

I cannot find the original report of this thread, but I have had no issues with recent snaps on 64 bit machines. Maybe some dependency has been removed. Often if you are updating though the old file is still present and its only when a new copy in a completely deleted installation is made that problems in add ons show up that were masked before.
The main cases of this was during the removal of the nvda service when xp support was removed.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-