RES: [nvda] Unable to Start Outlook 2016 While Running NVDA

Othoniel Cavanellas

Hello All,

Following Gene advice attached you have a printscreen of my log with the exact moment when Outlook crashes, when I switch from one to another mailbox. If anyone can interprete it and find a solution for me, it will be wonderful.

De: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] Em nome de Cohn, Jonathan
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2018 13:08
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Unable to Start Outlook 2016 While Running NVDA

That sounds quite annoying. Couldn’t a addon be created that would jump focus to the correct place when control-Y is pressed? Though from the response form the original poster there is someplace else where NVDA and Outlook are agreeing to disagree in one of the panels.

Also, any regular user of NVDA using an insider build of Outlook who could comment on if this is still occurring in the latest builds?

Thanks,

Jonathan Cohn

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 7:45 PM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Ralf,

How are you changing folders in Outlook 2016? There is a known bug where if you use ctrl+y and the resulting tree view to switch folders, outlook crashes. You need to use the folder pane accessed by ctrl+shift+tab.

Pranav

Gene

The list, as mosts lists, doesn't allow attachments.  You can copy and paste the log into the message.  I've seen requests from one or two developers to add only the relevant parts of the log to the message.  If you don't know what's relevant, I don't know what the developers would say but for now you could add the entire log.

Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 8:22 AM

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 7:45 PM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>