Google drive again

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Strangely this morning Google drive has come back to xp again, using the old google drive software, not the new one which crashes with that wonderful 'if you were in the middle of something' error so beloved of xp users!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

hi brian.
do you mean that google drive can be used on xp again?
i did not test it until now, but in many different programs, i recieve
the error which you mentioned.

'if you were in the middle of something' the application that you worked on it,
i dont remember the rest of error completely.
but i recieve this error very often!
do you mean that this is an error special for windows xp?
do users of other windows recieve this error?
etc.
God bless you all.

Strangely this morning Google drive has come back to xp again, using the old

google drive software, not the new one which crashes with that wonderful
'if you were in the middle of something' error so beloved of xp users!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Basically, if you use the old version, ie the old archive installer not the new stub installer, it can work, but you have to stop it trying to update asap.
I'm not sure where one might obtain the old installer from though.
I'm not sure if I still have a copy, but I'll have a look later. Note though that every so often it will fail to synchronise and tell you its not supported, then about a day later it seems to come back. I suspect in time even this acceptance will be stopped, but the reason for this is no doubt to trigger those using the old version to download the new one.
Minimum requirements for the new version is as with nvda Windows 7 sp1.
This is once again mainly down to the new more secure routines offered by 7 and up, and as they are not in xp you get that wonderful catch all error.
I also see this if for example your xp pc is using an old style amd Athlon chip without sse2 instruction set.
Ccleaner, MSSe and firefox after version48 will not run on such machines, to name but three.
[...]

Try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp3ynb5jydpouie/gsync.msi?dl=1
However there is no guarantee that google will let you install an old version as new. That is up to them.
[...]

hi.
thanks so much for your link.
but did you try the old version to see is it working now?
for example: when using gmail, because i use basic html and disabled
javascript, i can even use firefox 3 to use my gmail!
its very interesting and joyful for me to know, i can use any version
of firefox to use gmail and all websites when disabling javascript!
does it also have google docs?
i wish that know for xp users is it possible to use google docs for
ocr of pdf files?
thanks again and God bless you!

[...]

I have never used Google docs myself. I just could not get my head around it, sorry.