Topics

duplicate messages

slery <slerythema@...>

Does anyone know why I am getting duplicate messages on every other message? It is extremely annoying and I also had several messages that I deleted show back up.

If this can’t be fixed, I’ll have to leave the list.

Cindy

Cindy,

          Can you be more specific with regard to which messages and topics?  I had been seeing quite a few on this group, and started a thread dedicated to some of the reasons they might be occurring, but that has died down quite a bit since it was at it's peak a about 5 or 6 days ago.  I haven't seen any over the last several days.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.
      ~ H.L. Mencken

Robert Mendoza

I would assume that she is receiving multiple messages with one subject line. But, again it really depend on the others users how they responded , instead of using one email thread. to avoid cluttering into inbox. Or, I would say that the said email recipients has this type of norms is being setup.
Robert Mendoza
On 4/26/2016 11:08 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Cindy,

          Can you be more specific with regard to which messages and topics?  I had been seeing quite a few on this group, and started a thread dedicated to some of the reasons they might be occurring, but that has died down quite a bit since it was at it's peak a about 5 or 6 days ago.  I haven't seen any over the last several days.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.
      ~ H.L. Mencken

Gene

It may correct itself.  It may happen on any list and it may then stop.  I don't know the technical reasons that may cause such a problem.

Does anyone know why I am getting duplicate messages on every other message? It is extremely annoying and I also had several messages that I deleted show back up.

If this can’t be fixed, I’ll have to leave the list.

Cindy

Here is an idea. Are you also on the old Freelists list due to be deleted soon?

On 26 Apr 2016, at 02:39, slery <slerythema@...> wrote:

Does anyone know why I am getting duplicate messages on every other message? It is extremely annoying and I also had several messages that I deleted show back up.

If this can’t be fixed, I’ll have to leave the list.

Cindy

Rather needs more info on method of reading email and the programs used.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Here is an idea. Are you also on the old Freelists list due to be deleted soon?
On 26 Apr 2016, at 02:39, slery <slerythema@...> wrote:

Does anyone know why I am getting duplicate messages on every other message? It is extremely annoying and I also had several messages that I deleted show back up.

If this can’t be fixed, I’ll have to leave the list.

Cindy

Slery <slerythema@...>

Dexter Not Duplicate threat it is the exact same message twice but it does not happen on every single message but almost every other message that I get a duplicate from the same person with the same message

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 25, 2016 11:26:59 PM "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes I am would this also explains why some deleted emails keep coming back

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 26, 2016 3:01:09 AM "Christopher Hallsworth"
<challsworth2@...> wrote:

Here is an idea. Are you also on the old Freelists list due to be deleted soon?
On 26 Apr 2016, at 02:39, slery <slerythema@...> wrote:

Does anyone know why I am getting duplicate messages on every other
message? It is extremely annoying and I also had several messages that I
deleted show back up.

If this can’t be fixed, I’ll have to leave the list.

Cindy

slery <slerythema@...>

I’ll create a list when I go through the messages tonight and point out what messages are there twice.

Cindy

          Can you be more specific with regard to which messages and topics?  I had been seeing quite a few on this group, and started a thread dedicated to some of the reasons they might be occurring, but that has died down quite a bit since it was at it's peak a about 5 or 6 days ago.  I haven't seen any over the last several days.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.
      ~ H.L. Mencken

I guess a look at the message source might give a reason. its hard to advise without seeing the messages. it has to be something in the email software being used to receive messages or we would all have the problem.

<https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/thread/likely_reasons_for/1067760?p=,,,50,0,0,0:RecentPostDate%2FSticky,,,50,2,0,1067760>,
but that has died down quite a bit since it was at it's peak a about 5
or 6 days ago. I haven't seen any over the last several days.

*/Brian/*
--
*The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to
men he knows to be idiots.*
~ /H.L. Mencken/

I see you are on gmail.
Gmail as far as i am aware does send you a copy of mails sent to mailing lists directly back to you, so if the list is doing this as well you might see your own messages twice.
I'm not sure how one turns this off in gmail but what I did is to simply look for email coming from me and not the list and make a rule up to zap it on the server so I never saw them.

Can you be more specific with regard to which messages and topics? I had been seeing quite a few on this group, and started a thread dedicated to some of the reasons they might be occurring <https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/thread/likely_reasons_for/1067760?p=,,,50,0,0,0:RecentPostDate%2FSticky,,,50,2,0,1067760> , but that has died down quite a bit since it was at it's peak a about 5 or 6 days ago. I haven't seen any over the last several days.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.
~ H.L. Mencken

Gene

If you are saying that the e-mail program being used or the web interface is the likely problem, I doubt it.  There are many technical problems that can occur between the sender and receiver.  I don't have the technical knowledge to discuss them.  but I doubt the actual e-mail program being used nor the server from which mail is being downloaded is the cause of the problem.  As I said, I've seen people who were receiving duplicate messages report that the problem disappeared by itself.  If this doesn't happen in a reasonable amount of time, I don't have suggestions as to how to pursue it, but there may be nothing necessary to do but to wait a number of days.

> Dexter Not Duplicate threat it is the exact same message twice but it does
> not happen on every single message but almost every other message that I
> get a duplicate from the same person with the same message
>
> Sent with AquaMail for Android
> http://www.aqua-mail.com
>

> On April 25, 2016 11:26:59 PM "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@...>
> wrote:
>
>> I would assume that she is receiving multiple messages with one subject
>> line. But, again it really depend on the others users how they responded
>> , instead of using one email thread. to avoid cluttering into inbox. Or,
>> I would say that the said email recipients has this type of norms is
>> being setup.
>>
>> Robert Mendoza
>>
>> On 4/26/2016 11:08 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
>>>
>>> Cindy,
>>>
>>>           Can you be more specific with regard to which messages and
>>> topics?  I had been seeing quite a few on this group, and started a
>>> thread dedicated to some of the reasons they might be occurring
>>> <https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/thread/likely_reasons_for/1067760?p=,,,50,0,0,0:RecentPostDate%2FSticky,,,50,2,0,1067760>,
>>> but that has died down quite a bit since it was at it's peak a about 5
>>> or 6 days ago.  I haven't seen any over the last several days.
>>>
>>> */Brian/*
>>> --
>>> *The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to
>>> men he knows to be idiots.*
>>> ~ /H.L. Mencken/

Gene

GMail does not send you a copy unless you use the recent command.  As I understand it, groups.io has developed a work around for this problem but I know very little about that.  But the person is not saying that she gets duplicates of her messages. She says that she gets duplicates of a lot of messages, period.  If she only got duplicates of her messages, I expect that would be stipulated and it would be such a minor problem that it might not even have been brought up.

I’ll create a list when I go through the messages tonight and point out what
messages are there twice.

Cindy

          Can you be more specific with regard to which messages and topics?
I had been seeing quite a few on this group, and started a thread dedicated
to some of the reasons they might be occurring
<https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/thread/likely_reasons_for/1067760?p=,,,50,0,0,0:RecentPostDate%2FSticky,,,50,2,0,1067760>
, but that has died down quite a bit since it was at it's peak a about 5 or
6 days ago.  I haven't seen any over the last several days.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he
knows to be idiots.
      ~ H.L. Mencken

slery <slerythema@...>

I am using AquaMail on my android phone and outlook 2013 on my desktop.

wrote:

[...]

Well, as I say, it sounds like its Google mail. If you look at the list email does it seem that its actually coming from you not the list?

wrote:

[...]

Well, if it is google, then they only have a problem with this list and not the other 12 email listservs I am on.

Like Gene said, it is not my messages that are the problem (though they are also being duplicated).

Cindy

wrote:

[...]

hello, Cindy!

There is nothing wrong about with google gmail account that you've been using. It just that the mailing list was intended to create this type of duplicating messages you've been experiencing right now. Or, I may say it was pretty something into a technical routing for receiving that was setup into the EO listing server perhaps.

Robert Mendoza

wrote:

[...]

          I participate through the website, but all of my e-mail addresses are gmail addresses and I did not receive duplicate messages when I did testing with receiving individual e-mail messages.  I have just changed my subscription to individual e-mail messages and will reply via e-mail to this one and see what happens.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.
      ~ H.L. Mencken

This is my reply to my last message, which just landed in my inbox.  Lets see if I get two of these.

Brian

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Cindy,

          I participate through the website, but all of my e-mail addresses are gmail addresses and I did not receive duplicate messages when I did testing with receiving individual e-mail messages.  I have just changed my subscription to individual e-mail messages and will reply via e-mail to this one and see what happens.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.
      ~ H.L. Mencken

--
Bri the Tech Guy          http://britechguy.com
britechguy@...            (540) 324-5032 or (540) 849-0023

Robert Mendoza

hello, Brian! Yes the duplicating messages usually occurs if you are using different email client platform. The web mail based service for gmail normally bundled into one subject line. Perhaps the real problem here is that if you setup your email account into third party program like the one she used in android , thunderbird and the the like. would pretty duplicate it. But, again, the most recent one is the one should be consider as new thread instead of digging down into the old post of messages she render or receiving in her inbox.
Robert Mendoza