NVDA skype group

lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>

Hey there, to all on thislist we have a skype group createdfor people who just wants to talk about NVDA or who needs help withNVDAhears a link that you can use to joine Brandon Cross: https://join.skype.com/yuhmuyVSlmRT

Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...>

Indeed, this is the case, I am the creator of said group.

The intention is for those in need of help to get that help from those who choose to volunteer. Mainly you, the users who need help we are willing and ready to help.

The group is a jumping off point, I would imagine most situations requiring voice calls and that can be done as well. can also be used if you'd like to get help over that rather than skype call.

The rules are simple, just be respectful to one another and don't troll or spam. There are two mods and if you want to know who is who you can type /getmembers in the chat to find out. If one of us asks you to desist from a behavior, please do so immediately. We don't wish to resort to bans, kicks or anything of the like, let's all be civilized. OK good that's out of the way.

If you'd like to jjoin the group, the link is : https://join.skype.com/yuhmuyVSlmRT

Thanks and hope to see some new members.
-Brandon Cross

On 4/27/2016 6:50 PM, laura cornwell wrote:
Hey there, to all on thislist we have a skype group createdfor people who just wants to talk about NVDA or who needs help withNVDAhears a link that you can use to joine Brandon Cross: https://join.skype.com/yuhmuyVSlmRT

Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...>

We've got some early members, nice to see and welcome to them.

On 4/27/2016 7:02 PM, Brandon Cross wrote:
[...]

Ok I have joined the skype group.
well now we have one of those to its good to expand our communications.
We should add this group with all our other community groups for nvda, win10 and its subs etc to the community pages under lists or groups or something I don't know but we should add all these things somewhere.

On 28/04/2016 11:54 a.m., Brandon Cross wrote:
[...]

Kevin Cussick

I could not seem to join I opened the url in ff and I think I hit the join button, got a message saying if your not getting anything happening click the web link I did and it seemed to join me but I don't see anything in my skype contacts thanks in advance for any advice given.

On 27/04/2016 23:50, laura cornwell wrote:
Hey there, to all on thislist we have a skype group createdfor people
who just wants to talk about NVDA or who needs help withNVDAhears a link
that you can use to joine Brandon Cross:
https://join.skype.com/yuhmuyVSlmRT

Angela Delicata

Why not creating a WhatsApp group?
Thank you.
Angela from Italy

Il 28/04/2016 12:55, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io ha scritto:
I could not seem to join I opened the url in ff and I think I hit the
join button, got a message saying if your not getting anything
happening click the web link I did and it seemed to join me but I don't
see anything in my skype contacts thanks in advance for any advice given.

On 27/04/2016 23:50, laura cornwell wrote:
Hey there, to all on thislist we have a skype group createdfor people
who just wants to talk about NVDA or who needs help withNVDAhears a link
that you can use to joine Brandon Cross:
https://join.skype.com/yuhmuyVSlmRT

---

Leo Bado <leobado1970@...>

that would be awsome!

El 28/04/2016 a las 06:24 a.m., Angela Delicata via Groups.io escribió:
Why not creating a WhatsApp group?
Thank you.
Angela from Italy

Il 28/04/2016 12:55, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io ha scritto:
I could not seem to join I opened the url in ff and I think I hit the
join button, got a message saying if your not getting anything
happening click the web link I did and it seemed to join me but I don't
see anything in my skype contacts thanks in advance for any advice given.

On 27/04/2016 23:50, laura cornwell wrote:
Hey there, to all on thislist we have a skype group createdfor people
who just wants to talk about NVDA or who needs help withNVDAhears a link
that you can use to joine Brandon Cross:
https://join.skype.com/yuhmuyVSlmRT

---

“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.”
― Henry David Thoreau

Bhavya shah

Hi,
Considering we do not have official technical support like commercial
screen reader manufacturers often do, groups and platforms for NVDA
related discussion on various networking utilities is definitely
needed.
There is a Facebook group for NVDA with over a thousand members named
NVDA All The Way, but in my opinion, not really active, often
off-topic postings are made, and just not that NVDA enriching.
I hope this NVDA Skype group is able to achieve what it aims, and I
have joined it too.
A Whatsapp group for NVDA is not a bad idea either - the thing is, how
many people would be interested in one? How comfortable would most
people be in sharing their phone number (inevitably on Whatsapp) while
communicating? Technological Whatsapp groups for visually impaired
have been very successful in the past, as they continue to proliserate
in terms of member base as well as content quality. I co-administer
one such group on Whatsapp by the name of Technology for VI and it
encompasses people from across the globe, talking about a variety of
assistive technologies, all visually impaired (please ask me offlist
for further details regarding the same).
I see obvious benefits in an e-group, whether Whatsapp based or not,
that specially focuses on NVDA, and it might be a great idea. However,
Whatsapp is something that requires more careful and considerate
administration, which is achievable (from the example and my personal
experience in administering Technology for VI) but still a chunk of
work.
I would appreciate if more NVDA users and this forum's listers could
comment in their potential interest in joining an NVDA specific
Whatsapp group, or incase anyone else would like to create something
on Facebook or elsewhere for the same.
Since the lightning talk in NVDACon International 2016 about global
online NVDA communities and e-groups takes place very soon, I hope we
may have a more elaborate chat there as well about this possibility of
expanding NVDA communities across networking platforms.
Thanks.

On 4/28/16, Leo Bado <leobado1970@hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

My view is that we should have groups on as many networks as we can.
Especially if they are free.
The only thing I am not a fan of is group calls on skype, I did have skype up yesterday but I was working on something else, usually its only up when I want to have it up but whatever.
At least I know if I want to chat I can.

On 29/04/2016 12:24 a.m., Angela Delicata via Groups.io wrote:
Why not creating a WhatsApp group?
Thank you.
Angela from Italy

Il 28/04/2016 12:55, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io ha scritto:
I could not seem to join I opened the url in ff and I think I hit the
join button, got a message saying if your not getting anything
happening click the web link I did and it seemed to join me but I don't
see anything in my skype contacts thanks in advance for any advice given.

On 27/04/2016 23:50, laura cornwell wrote:
Hey there, to all on thislist we have a skype group createdfor people
who just wants to talk about NVDA or who needs help withNVDAhears a link
that you can use to joine Brandon Cross:
https://join.skype.com/yuhmuyVSlmRT

---
Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

.

Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...>

well if the actual chats like IM's are bothering you, you can type /alertsoff in the chat box, if the calls are bothering you, you can put skype in do not disturb mode, skype > status > do not disturb.

On 4/29/2016 7:06 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

Hmmm I do want to keep up with the chats though, but not necessarily all the calls.

On 30/04/2016 1:28 a.m., Brandon Cross wrote:
[...]

hello.
skype group is the best decision.
thanks extremely and god bless you.

[...]

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.