Putting this list on vacation

Clare Page <clare.page@...>

Hi!

I will be away, and offline, during the whole of the first week of May, so, to avoid a huge number of emails waiting for me in my absence, I want to go No Mail on as many lists I’m on as possible.

So please can somebody tell me, how do I put this NVDA list on vacation, or go No Mail, whichever way you want to put it?

Also, what should I do to resume receiving emails from this list when I get back from my time away?

I wish to point out that I use this list through email only, not through the Groups.io website, so that may make a difference to your replies. Thanks in advance for them anyway, preferably within the next day or two!

Bye for now!

From Clare

Antony Stone

You can send an email to nvda+help@nvda.groups.io (no subject or body content
is necessary) and it will send you back a summary of the commands you can use
by email.

Here are the ones which would be useful for your vacation setting:

To receive plain digests send an email to:
nvda+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive full featured digests send an email to:
nvda+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email, send an email to:
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io

Obviously you need to send these from the address you're subscribed to the
list from, so it knows who you are.

Regards,

Antony.

On Friday 29 April 2016 at 10:55:37, Clare Page wrote:

Hi!

I will be away, and offline, during the whole of the first week of May, so,
to avoid a huge number of emails waiting for me in my absence, I want to go
No Mail on as many lists I'm on as possible.

So please can somebody tell me, how do I put this NVDA list on vacation, or
go No Mail, whichever way you want to put it?

Also, what should I do to resume receiving emails from this list when I get
back from my time away?

I wish to point out that I use this list through email only, not through
the Groups.io website, so that may make a difference to your replies.
Thanks in advance for them anyway, preferably within the next day or two!

Bye for now!

From Clare
--
If you can smile when all about you things are going wrong, you must have
someone in mind to take the blame.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Clare Page <clare.page@...>

Hi!
Thanks for your prompt reply, Antony. I'll keep the list below so that I
don't forget all those useful email addresses for managing my list
subscription.
Bye for now to everyone, and looking forward to returning to this list after
my vacation!
From Clare

[...]

From Clare
--
If you can smile when all about you things are going wrong, you must have
someone in mind to take the blame.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC
me.

Clare,

You would be prompted to log in with your e-mail address and password if you're not logged in, but the page itself is nothing more than a collection of a few links, a collection of 5 radio buttons covering how you wish to subscribe (the last of which is No e-mail), and the signature box and two checkboxes indicating whether you want to append the signature when replying via the web and replying via e-mail.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky