Topics

PDF to Word conversion tool

Bhavya shah

Dear all,
As most of my school textbooks are available officially from our
national educational boards, I am downloading them for my academic use
directly from there.
However, they are in the PDF format, which is something that I dislike
and find navigation laggy and inconvenient in.
Therefore, I am in search of a simple and accessible PDF to Word
conversion tool, that will accelerate the process instead of copying
and pasting from PDF files to a new Word document.
If possible, I would also like a software that could combine or merge
PDF or Word files, as I have an individual file for each unit or
chapter which is not what I ideally desire. If there exists a
technique to quickly merge or compile the various chapter files in the
required order, that would simplify things too.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

Ângelo Abrantes

He,

I'm using a software called "nitro pdf converter", ina a portable version, that workes very well. I don't know if it possible to merge files with it.

You cann search for nitro pdf converter" in google.

Ângelo Abrantes.

Às 11:25 de 30-04-2016, Bhavya shah escreveu:

[...]

Hi,
I found Nitro difficult to download and impossible to install, and the
Oxillion Document Converter software, another recommendation that I
got has worked for me.
Thanks for the suggestion all the same!
Thanks.

On 4/30/16, Ângelo Abrantes <ampa4374@...> wrote:
[...]

I'm using a portable version of nitro pdf ant it is working perfectly.

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 16:00 de 30-04-2016, Bhavya shah escreveu:

[...]

Andre Fisher

Is it accessible to the totally blind user like myself? That is the big issue.

[...]

I'm a totally blind user too, and it is totally accessible.

Ângelo Abrantes.

Às 18:47 de 30-04-2016, Andre Fisher escreveu:

[...]

Carlos

Hello:

    The program is usable.  The issue is that there are many who don't like ribbons!  I am no fan of ribbons!  However, I like to use MS Office and it is all ribbon based.  So, there is a big difference in a program not being accessible.  And, the pure hate one may have for the ribbon UI!

    Hope this clears up the usability issue with Nitro PDF.

On 4/30/2016 11:39 AM, Ângelo Abrantes wrote:
[...]

Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

If you have MS Word 2016, you can open the PDF document in Word and safe it as a Word document.  That is what I did for a book to be able to read it on the VR Stream II.

On 4/30/2016 11:00 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
[...]

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

I cannot speak to accessibility, but PDF Split and Merge (AKA PDFSAM) is an excellent tool and is open source.

If you try it out please report back on accessibility.  It is now in the new Universal App format on Windows.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky

Well there is always codex
http://jscholes.net/project/codex.
that handles quite a few formats.

On 30/04/2016 10:25 p.m., Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As most of my school textbooks are available officially from our
national educational boards, I am downloading them for my academic use
directly from there.
However, they are in the PDF format, which is something that I dislike
and find navigation laggy and inconvenient in.
Therefore, I am in search of a simple and accessible PDF to Word
conversion tool, that will accelerate the process instead of copying
and pasting from PDF files to a new Word document.
If possible, I would also like a software that could combine or merge
PDF or Word files, as I have an individual file for each unit or
chapter which is not what I ideally desire. If there exists a
technique to quickly merge or compile the various chapter files in the
required order, that would simplify things too.
Thanks.

The latter one kept falling over here and seemed to have adverts in it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

I don't want to appear daft here, but in typing that into Google or anywhere else come to that, we get a free demo, and then a paid for app, or a cracked copy, which is also not to be encouraged. No sign of a portable totally free version.
[...]

I noted in a recent test of Windows 10 that it tries to open pdfs, in Edge with a complete loss of anything accessible at all.
[...]

hello.
you can use sumatra pdf reader and also balabolka to convert your pdf
documents to txt.
thanks for asking and god bless you.

[...]

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Brian Gaff noted:  "I noted in a recent test of Windows 10 that it tries to open pdfs, in Edge with a complete loss of anything accessible at all."

Well, yes, the default program for opening PDFs in Windows 10 is the Edge browser.  It has that capability, but we all know that it has major accessibility issues.  It seems that the trend in general has been toward opening PDFs in web browsers, which I personally hate.  I tweak things such that PDFs open in my PDF viewer of choice and not elsewhere.

It's a simple matter to change the default app for opening PDF files to anything you wish it to be.  That's one of the major advantages of Windows through the years, it is extremely customizable if you don't like the defaults.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky