Accessible online survey creation tool

Bhavya shah

Dear all,
I require to create an online survey about a certain potential
initiative and the amount of interest in it people may have, which may
include several question types - country combo box/dropdown, open
ended question edit box, radio button and check box, and an
introductory paragraph.
For this, I seek your advice and recommendations of a free online
survey creation service that could fulfill my purpose.
I do not need very advanced functionality, simply basic survey
creation, sharing and results analysis features would suffice.
I would really appreciate any assistance any of you may be willing to give!
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

ChrisLeo

Hi Bhavya,
What you think about google forms?
try and tell me if that's what you are looking for:
https://docs.google.com/forms
-.
Using the available shortcuts you can make a good survey.

Cheers.

Chris.

Bhavya shah, 01/05/2016 15:16:

Dear all,
I require to create an online survey about a certain potential
initiative and the amount of interest in it people may have, which may
include several question types - country combo box/dropdown, open
ended question edit box, radio button and check box, and an
introductory paragraph.
For this, I seek your advice and recommendations of a free online
survey creation service that could fulfill my purpose.
I do not need very advanced functionality, simply basic survey
creation, sharing and results analysis features would suffice.
I would really appreciate any assistance any of you may be willing to give!
Thanks.

Bhavya shah

Hi Chris,
I am getting very confused with Google Forms. I cannot find links and
buttons to click and follow instructions from, and the keystrokes are
working in a weird way, perhaps something that I am unable to keep up
with or understand.
I would like to sincerely request you, or others, to please give me a
quick walkthrough of Google Forms or other accessible survey creation
services via any preferred medium. My contact details are all in my
signature.
I would truly appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.

On 5/1/16, ChrisLeo <llajta@...> wrote:
[...]

Actually, I am making good progress on making a survey form using
Google Forms. One question that I have for now is moving and changing
the order of the questions, i.e. moving them up and down. Ctrl + Shift
+ K/J is something I don't know when to press as there is not specific
focusable option for an item or option.
Please help me in that respect, otherwise I will try to finish the
survey form for now.
Thanks.

On 5/1/16, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
[...]

I have used the preview version of Google Forms, but this last version sound more accessible with NVDA.
To move down or up an item go with arrows in one item you want move, for example move a question.
By NVDA's browser-mode put the cursor on the title of question.
Then press ctrl+shift+k to move up, or ctrl+shift+j to move down.
Automatically NVDA goes in focus-mode in the field of the title of the question your have moved.
Press NVDA+Space to review the position and check if the question has been moved.
These are some useful shortcuts:
Insert question: Ctrl + Shift + Enter (or holding Ctrl, press i then i)
Insert title and description: holding Ctrl, press i then h
Insert image: holding Ctrl, press i then p
Insert video: holding Ctrl, press i then v
Insert section: holding Ctrl, press i then b
Move item up: Ctrl + Shift + k
Move item down: Ctrl + Shift + j
Delete item: Alt + Shift + d
Duplicate item: Ctrl + Shift + d

Navigation
Move cursor up: Ctrl + k
Move cursor down: Ctrl + j
Show list of keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl + /

Print: Ctrl + p
Find: Ctrl + f
Preview: Ctrl + Shift + p
Settings menu: Ctrl + e
Send menu: Ctrl + Enter

Editing
Undo: Ctrl + z
Redo: Ctrl + y or Ctrl + Shift + z
Move to next field: Tab
Move to previous field: Shift + Tab

Align left: Ctrl + Shift + L
Align center: Ctrl + Shift + e
Align right: Ctrl + Shift + r

Chris.

Bhavya shah, 01/05/2016 16:43:

[...]

Thanks, that worked like a charm.
[...]

Hi Chris and others,
I have created a good survey form using Google Forms, previewed it and
ensured it is the way it needs to be.
Now, I am confused about a trivial yet the most important question one
must ask - how can I save this and get it online for me to share its
link for people to fill and submit?
I have pressed the Send button, and now am trying to figure out a safe
way to do do this, but am just too cautious to experiment so as not to
lose all that I have created till now.
[...]

Hi Bhavya, unfortunately now I can't to try this and I?ve not a ready form.
After press send button you should find some icons on top of page to get a link, send by mail, sharing on social network etc...
If you don't move your form on trash from menu setting, you will not lose your survey. Google saves automatically your last edits.
Cheers.
Chris.

Bhavya shah, 01/05/2016 19:26:

[...]

I have no idea how accessible it is, but you could also take a look at the Survey Monkey website.  They have a free version and a pro version.  I've received a lot of surveys over the years that have been created using Survey Monkey.  I would be curious to know whether the tool is accessible as far as doing the creation of a survey.  The surveys themselves are a series of webpages that use things like radio buttons, dropdown lists, text boxes, etc., for actual data entry by the survey taker.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky

well servveymonnkey is something a lot use, its accessible enough there is a gismo serveys and that is semi accessible.
To be honest I usually think of serveys as spyware inducing, I do answer them if they are for access programs or organisations etc but yeah.

On 2/05/2016 1:16 a.m., Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
I require to create an online survey about a certain potential
initiative and the amount of interest in it people may have, which may
include several question types - country combo box/dropdown, open
ended question edit box, radio button and check box, and an
introductory paragraph.
For this, I seek your advice and recommendations of a free online
survey creation service that could fulfill my purpose.
I do not need very advanced functionality, simply basic survey
creation, sharing and results analysis features would suffice.
I would really appreciate any assistance any of you may be willing to give!
Thanks.

Bhavya shah

Hi,
Thanks a lot for all your help.
I have been recommended Survey Monkey by some others too, but all
survey form fillers not survey form creators.
All thanks to Chris, I have successfully created the Google survey
form using Google Docs form, and sent it to my own self via mail, and
from the received mail, extracted the link to the survey form.
I think I am done and on for now, once I begin survey response
collection, I will need to investigate how I can analyze them, but
that is something that can be figured out later.
Thanks.

[...]

Carlos

Hello:

    In order for you to process the survey information you will need some knowledge of JAVA scripts.  As well as some kind of usable SQL querying program.  As far as I have seen there is no real accessible JAVA or SQL software that is accessible with NVDA.

    Others on the list may know of some software that we're not aware of at this point in time?

    Would it be possible to get survey results through some online services that deal with surveys/statistics?

    I hope you and others on the list will be able to fill in the blanks on these questions!  There are many of us on this list that would love to be able to find some kind of accessible database software?

    Sorry! That I have no real good answers for this kind of issue as database/SQL are not really accessible to any screen reader software!

On 5/1/2016 9:29 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
[...]

Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

Bhavya shah

Hi Carlos,
Oh well, I truly was under the impression that some simple document or
spreadsheet or e-mail notifications or direct way would be existent to
examine and analyze survey responses and results. Seems like I was
wrong, and the plot thickens...
Thanks.

On 5/2/16, Carlos <gmjc341961@...> wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account

Yes it baffled me as well. I did attempt Survey Monkey some time back but my brain hurt.....:-)
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Hi all,
I am finally done (hopefully) with all I need to know. One does not
need any complex querying or databases, Google Docs Forms works in a
simple and easy to understand manner.
I have enabled e-mail notifications for myself so whenever any
respondent submits, I am made aware.
Thanks a lot guys for all the help, and I sincerely hope maximum South
Asians may participate and bring this to life.
Thanks.