NVDA and tab

Hello all,
I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
to get onto other pages, as well.
My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
I would appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

--
We have probed the Earth, excavated it, burned it, ripped things from
it, buried things in it... That does not fit my definition of a good

Jacob Kruger

I generally use ctrl + F6 keystroke to focus on webpage contents after typing in an address, etc. - think this works in both IE11 and firefox.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-05-01 9:08 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hello all,
I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
to get onto other pages, as well.
My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
I would appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

Gene

But the problem here is that when you are in the proper part of the Window and have opened a page, you have to tab once at times to be able to move in and read the page.  I haven't paid much attention to this.  In my case, using firefox, it is a problem that occurs off and on but that doesn't occur nearly every time I load a page.  I believe I've seen the same problem when using Google, though I don't use google much.

I haven't tested to see if the problem exists in other screen-readers.

On 2016-05-01 9:08 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
> Hello all,
> I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
> not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
> For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
> not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
> that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
> to get onto other pages, as well.
> My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
> I would appreciate your comments.
> Nevzat

Yes, Gene, it does not always happen, but it is often enough to
warrant questioning.
I use Firefox BTW.
Nevzat

On 2016-05-01 9:08 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hello all,
I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
to get onto other pages, as well.
My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
I would appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

--
We have probed the Earth, excavated it, burned it, ripped things from
it, buried things in it... That does not fit my definition of a good
tenant. If we were here on a month-to-month basis, we would have been
evicted long ago.
-Rose Bird

Arianna Sepulveda

Wow! I use Firefox, and I don't think I've ever had this problem.

Thanks,
Ari

On 2016-05-01 9:08 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
> Hello all,
> I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
> not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
> For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
> not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
> that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
> to get onto other pages, as well.
> My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
> I would appreciate your comments.
> Nevzat

David Moore

I have never had this problem in Firefox or Google Chrome.

On 2016-05-01 9:08 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
> Hello all,
> I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
> not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
> For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
> not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
> that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
> to get onto other pages, as well.
> My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
> I would appreciate your comments.
> Nevzat

It does this to when I enter the first page in firefox when I turn on my system, nvda does not always focus on the page it happens off and on.

On 2/05/2016 7:08 a.m., Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hello all,
I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
to get onto other pages, as well.
My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
I would appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

Arianna Sepulveda

Now, I have had this happen in Chrome.

Thanks,
Ari

On 2016-05-01 9:08 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
> Hello all,
> I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
> not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
> For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
> not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
> that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
> to get onto other pages, as well.
> My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
> I would appreciate your comments.
> Nevzat

Brian's Mail list account

Funnily enough in both IE and Firefox this can happen to me also, but its not just tab that works, sometimes its alt or lat tab away and back again. It is as if the virtual buffer is not there or no actual focus was found by nvda, any new command then seems to wake it up. Having tried old and new versions of nvda, it seems totally random in nature on all of them. It in fact dates back to a problem I remember back in the xp days on slower machines which had a ticket but the devs could not duplicate the effect.
Now whether its some setting I use or something strange at my end is debatable as so many machines and operating systems aare involved. I find myself, hitting alt and escape automatically nowadays!

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
to get onto other pages, as well.
My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
I would appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

--
We have probed the Earth, excavated it, burned it, ripped things from
it, buried things in it... That does not fit my definition of a good
tenant. If we were here on a month-to-month basis, we would have been
evicted long ago.
-Rose Bird

Brian's Mail list account

I think originally it was proffered that it was due to nvda missing an item, due to timing issues, but it is so flaky that nobody seemed to be able to get a definitive answer.

On 2016-05-01 9:08 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hello all,
I encounter an issue when trying to get on to the Internet which I am
not sure whether it is n NVDA issue or something else.
For instance, when I try to get to my home page, google, the page does
not seem to load and read by NVDA unless I press tab. It is only then
that NVDA begins reading the page. The same issue occurs when trying
to get onto other pages, as well.
My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. NVDA is the most recent.
I would appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

Well there was a time before I got this i5 duel that I actually didn't start nvda at all or any reader at startup because it was unstable.
The only reason I do it now is simply because just in case something comes up.
From time to time it will not start or is slow or will crash or something.
I find that leaving the pc for a few minutes is best.
Its worst on the first startup of the day.

I think originally it was proffered that it was due to nvda missing an
item, due to timing issues, but it is so flaky that nobody seemed to be
able to get a definitive answer.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.