From: "Isaac" <bigikemusic@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 8:34 AM
Subject: [nvda] voices again

So, if I bought the codefactory voices will I never be able to use the tiflatechnia voices again with out uninstalling the codefactory ones?

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

these aren't sapi 5 voices, nvda addons

De: Isaac
Data: terça-feira, 3 de maio de 2016 08:34
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] voices again

So, if I bought the codefactory voices will I never be able to use the
tiflatechnia voices again with out uninstalling the codefactory ones?

Rui Fontes

The vocalizer voices, from Tiflotecnia and Code Factory, are not SAPI5.
Eloquence addon from Code Factory, is not SAPI5.
Eloquence for Windows, from Code Factory, and sold by Tiflotecnia, is SAPI5.

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

De: Isaac
Data: terça-feira, 3 de maio de 2016 08:34
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

So, if I bought the codefactory voices will I never be able to use the tiflatechnia voices again with out uninstalling the codefactory ones?

Which is what I was attempting to find an answer to, as in theory, both should sound the same in my view, but did not when i tested them, admitedly on a bit of a slow computer.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

So, if I bought the codefactory voices will I never be able to use the
tiflatechnia voices again with out uninstalling the codefactory ones?

Gene

The SAPI version you can buy sounds as it should.  it's the add on you can purchase that has the annoying artifacts.  I've seen contradictory reports about whether the SAPI 5 version is responsive enough in Windows 8 and higher   it is claimed by some people, that SAPI 5 is not implemented properly in Windows 8 and 10 and that SAPI 5 voices in general are not responsive and that that is the problem.  But I've also seen reports that the SAPI voice works well.  The only way you are likely to know is to try a demo.

Gene

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> The vocalizer voices, from Tiflotecnia and Code Factory, are not SAPI5.
> Eloquence addon from Code Factory, is not SAPI5.
> Eloquence for Windows, from Code Factory, and sold by Tiflotecnia, is
> SAPI5.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rui Fontes
> Tiflotecnia, Lda.

It is responsive enough in Windows 10...

Rui

So, if I bought the codefactory voices will I never be able to use the
tiflatechnia voices again with out uninstalling the codefactory ones?

Kevin Huber

Hi:

Is it possible to get a dectalk voice for NVDA, and if so, where would
I get it and how would I install it?
Kevin Huber

On 5/3/16, Isaac <bigikemusic@gmail.com> wrote:
So, if I bought the codefactory voices will I never be able to use the
tiflatechnia voices again with out uninstalling the codefactory ones?

Another difference between the Codefactory and Tifflatechnia versions is that with Codefactory, if you want to use it on a portable copy, you have to activate it on every single PCs you want to use, and deactivate it afterwords, whereas with Tifflatechnia version, you only need to activate your USB/portable drive and it will work. I've tested this on computers in my college and Tifflatechnia version worked very well, without reactivation.