From: Bobby
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 6:17 PM
Subject: [nvda] very good news about audio conversion soft ware

I just wanted to tell you all about an old converter and cd reader
called c dex.  Cdex is the fastest audio converter and they just came
out with a new version today.  You can get this progran at
filehippo.com.  Let me know what you think of it when you get it.

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

This is fantastic news!  I've used cdex for over 15 years and I never thought we'd see another update.

New website address as well:

Do not use filehipo or some other third party source like that or you will risk your computer getting extras you didn't ask for.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf

On May 3, 2016, at 9:17 AM, Bobby <bvinton@...> wrote:

I just wanted to tell you all about an old converter and cd reader called c dex.  Cdex is the fastest audio converter and they just came out with a new version today.  You can get this progran at filehippo.com.  Let me know what you think of it when you get it.

Bobby <bvinton@...>

Well some times they take programs dowm after a certain amount of time I am very sorry for that.  Try googleing for the software or try cnet.com or soursforge.net

On 5/3/2016 12:17 PM, Fanus wrote:
Hello Bobby
I visited the site which you mentioned but could not find the software. Nothing under latest updates, so which link takes one there?
Regards
Fanus

I just wanted to tell you all about an old converter and cd reader
called c dex.  Cdex is the fastest audio converter and they just came
out with a new version today.  You can get this progran at
filehippo.com.  Let me know what you think of it when you get it.

Bobby <bvinton@...>

Well thank you for the help eric.  I will go get the software now.  Just to let all of you know filehippo infected my computer many times when I use to use.  I stopped using file hippo last year butt I still go to the site to get info about other programs that i use butt I never down load any thing from that site at all.

On 5/3/2016 12:32 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
This is fantastic news!  I've used cdex for over 15 years and I never thought we'd see another update.

New website address as well:

Do not use filehipo or some other third party source like that or you will risk your computer getting extras you didn't ask for.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf

On May 3, 2016, at 9:17 AM, Bobby <bvinton@...> wrote:

I just wanted to tell you all about an old converter and cd reader called c dex.  Cdex is the fastest audio converter and they just came out with a new version today.  You can get this progran at filehippo.com.  Let me know what you think of it when you get it.

Dan Beaver

Hi,

You might want to be careful about getting software from this site.  I too have used cdex for many years and wanted to ghet the new version.  However, when I clicked on the link Sophos stopped my browser and said that some mal ware had been found on that site.

I am now pondering whether or not I want to get it from there.

Dan Beaver

On 5/3/2016 12:32 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
This is fantastic news!  I've used cdex for over 15 years and I never thought we'd see another update.

New website address as well:

Do not use filehipo or some other third party source like that or you will risk your computer getting extras you didn't ask for.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf

On May 3, 2016, at 9:17 AM, Bobby <bvinton@...> wrote:

I just wanted to tell you all about an old converter and cd reader called c dex.  Cdex is the fastest audio converter and they just came out with a new version today.  You can get this progran at filehippo.com.  Let me know what you think of it when you get it.

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Uh oh.  That's the official site.  For sure.  When I went to the old site http://cdexos.sourceforge.net it redirected me to that cdex.nu site which looks exactly like the old cdex source forge site.  Maybe our hopes are dashed and the entire project has been highjacked?  It's been at least 10 years since the last upgrade as far as I know.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf

On May 3, 2016, at 10:54 AM, Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@...> wrote:

[...]

no our hopes are not dashed at all because I just got the new version.  The new version is cdex version 1.81.  I never got a message about malware.  I have the program and it works very well and faster than the older versions.

On 5/3/2016 2:06 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
[...]

Could you perhaps give us all a public dropbox link to the setup file?
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@...
[...]

andru fou

Exact Audio Copy is better for making 100 percent log Flacs when ripping CDs.

uncensored NVDA discussion

nvdainfo-subscribe@...

Skype NVDA support

https://join.skype.com/GPV2bv9Jyz3E

On 5/3/16, Bobby <bvinton@...> wrote:
I just wanted to tell you all about an old converter and cd reader
called c dex. Cdex is the fastest audio converter and they just came
out with a new version today. You can get this progran at
filehippo.com. Let me know what you think of it when you get it.

Bobby <bvinton@...>

Well I don't use drop box butt if you are willing I can put together a folder in bittorrent cync when I have the time

[...]

Gene

It may simply be one more case of a free program now incorporating potentially unwanted programs in it, which is becoming increasingly frequent.  Whatever the case, is there any reason to use the new program?  those who have used it might be able to advise if anything has been added that matters.

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 1:06 PM

[...]

What antimalware programs are you using.  If people are going to report and compare experiences, it is important to know what programs are being used and whether any of them have real time protection that is running.

[...]

Not true.  The very good news is that cdex now has support for flac now.  The older versions did not.  The best way to get c dex is to protect your self with a program called unchecky.  You can get unchecky at unchecky.com.

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 1:06 PM

[...]

but even the unchecky information from the developer says that unchecky doesn't know about everything.  Using unchecky can protect you from a good deal of potentially unwanted programs.  It doesn't give you license to indiscriminately install anything.  You still should use caution and good practices.

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 1:06 PM

[...]

Yeah, I dono how that works.  Never mind.
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@...

[...]

Roger Stewart

I wouldn't doubt it at all that there might be malware attached to this. The last time I tried getting a new version of CDEX it had all kinds of malware attached to it that it wanted to install. After rejecting about 7 screens of this junk, I aborted the install and am just keeping the version of CDex I currently have. It works just fine for me.

Roger

On 5/3/2016 12:54 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

[...]

Did it just do a clean install, or did it keep asking you to install this, that and the other thing? If not, then this is good news and I'll try this newest one.

Roger

On 5/3/2016 1:24 PM, Bobby wrote:

[...]

based on what I'm reading from the home page, windows 10 support is the major selling point along with upgrades to various encoders, localizations, improvements to tagging support, and something they describe simply and repeatedly as "bug fixes".  No actual feature improvements though I can only think of a few minor detales I would like changed or added.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 1:06 PM

[...]

Actually, flac support could be built into 1.5 in a number of ways, but it was in 1.7 natively.  The only drawback to the native support is that it only went to flac level 8.  If the new one goes to flac level 16, that would be a huge bonus.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf