Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using VLC media player with NVDA

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA?  I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.
Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

Roger Stewart

Winamp works fine with nvda by itself but there is an add on for it that helps you find total time and time remaining and a few other things with a few hotkeys.  It can also turn the volume up and down and even mute with ta key press so I like to use it.

Roger

On 2/13/2018 1:27 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hi guys
is there an addon for winamp?
or can NVDA work with it?
thanks

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA?  I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.
Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

Kerryn Gunness

could u send me  the addon?

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA?  I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.
Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

It’s on the page with all the other add-ons.

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:

Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA?  I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.

Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

--

Christopher Bartlett

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes been using it for years, works very well.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

_____

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:

Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA? I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.

Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

--

Christopher Bartlett

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

If you go to gools then add on manager then get add ons it will take you to this page where you can get extra add ons etc and one of them been for winamp at https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html

When you get there jump down to the winamp one then go into that page and you will find the add on.

Gene nz

could u send me  the addon?

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA?  I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.
Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

Ashley Wayne

I've used it without any add-ons with no problems for quite a while now.

On 2/13/2018 1:09 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes been using it for years, works very well.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@...>
It’s on the page with all the other add-ons.

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

 _____

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:

Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA? I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.

Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

Lino Morales

Their sure is on the add-ons page. It works without it though. It’s a great add-on.

Lino Morales

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:

Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA?  I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.

Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

--

Christopher Bartlett

Kwork

Kerryn, the Winamp add-on is an official add-on. All official add-ons can be found at the following link:
Browse the page by the letter H for heading, or more quickly, do a search for the word winamp now that you know it's there. If you browse by heading, you'll find plenty of other add-ons to check out. Entering on the name of each one will take you to the page where you can learn more and download.
Also remember that you can always get to the same place through NVDA itself. Not knowing the Laptop key combinations, here's the instructions for desktop keyboard layout:
1. Press ctrl+n to get to the NVDA menu.
2. Arrow up and down to find the tools submenu, then press enter or right arrow to open the submenu. You can also press the letter t for the tools submenu.
3. Up and down arrow to find the manage add-ons submenu, then press enter to activate the dialogue. Pressing the letter A will also get you there from the tools submenu.
4. Tab or shif tab, closer in this case, to get add-ons, then press enter. This will open up the same web page I linked to earlier. This way you won't have to memorize the address or bookmark it.
With official add-ons, there is never any need to receive it from another member as there may be more of a possibility of being sent an incorrect or out-of-date version as the person sending it to you may not have received the latest version yet.
Travis

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA?  I've just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.
Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

Kwork

It's possible for sure, and is accessible out of the box. I do like the
extra add-on features that will let you hear the total time, elapsed time,
and time remaining in a track. I use those features regularly.
Travis

It’s on the page with all the other add-ons.

There is an add-on for it. That will help quite a bit with usage.

_____

On 2/13/2018 8:56 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:

Has anyone any experience using the VLC media player with NVDA? I've
just installed it in order to take advantage of its ability to use a
Chromecast, and, while I've gotten it to work, I'm wondering if anone
has done a good tutorial for VLC, either with NVDA, or just in general.

Thanks.
Christopher BArtlett

Tony Ballou

Hi,

Yes it can.  I believe there's an add on for it on the add ons website.

Tony

On 2/13/2018 2:27 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hi guys
is there an addon for winamp?
or can NVDA work with it?
thanks