Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:21 PM
Subject: [nvda] Earlier version working

Well, in frustration, I uninstalled the latest version of NVDA and installed one from 2015.  Voila! Everything is working.  I don't know why.  No more unknowns and silences.  Since it's an earlier version perhaps the finer tunings don't work as well, but it's nice to have it back!

hello debra.
in this case, which version of firefox are you using?
does nvda support it without problem?
also, did you try firefox 64bit to see if nvda supports it without crash or not?
i am waiting for your response.

Please don't change subject lines and start new threads when talking about
the same subject. You started an entirely new thread and your subject line
has little or no meaning to anyone who doesn't remember what the other
thread was about. In addition, if someone is following the thread in the
archives, if you change the subject line, you start an entirely new thread
and make it much harder for people to follow the discussion. Also, if
people read mail by conversation in their e-mail program, they see the new
subject line as a completely new conversation.

A subject line is to tell what the message is about. It is not to state
something pertaining to the subject that should be in the message body. the
entire thread has been about something you are having a problem with. The
subject didn't change to a statement that you got it working. the subject
is still the same. That you got it working is a statement about the subject
that should be in the message body.

I am becoming increasingly concerning with the rampant misuse of subject
lines in this way on the lists I moderate and own. I shall be commenting on
this increasingly when I see people do this sort of thing. I do little
moderation but I consider this to be important.

Well, in frustration, I uninstalled the latest version of NVDA and installed
one from 2015. Voila! Everything is working. I don't know why. No more
unknowns and silences. Since it's an earlier version perhaps the finer
tunings don't work as well, but it's nice to have it back!
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think the issue often is that depending on how the messages are read, ie in what software depends on whether one has to do something special to alter a sub line or create a new one and or quote an old one in it. its not as simple as you make it sound for many people.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Please don't change subject lines and start new threads when talking about the same subject. You started an entirely new thread and your subject line has little or no meaning to anyone who doesn't remember what the other thread was about. In addition, if someone is following the thread in the archives, if you change the subject line, you start an entirely new thread and make it much harder for people to follow the discussion. Also, if people read mail by conversation in their e-mail program, they see the new subject line as a completely new conversation.

A subject line is to tell what the message is about. It is not to state something pertaining to the subject that should be in the message body. the entire thread has been about something you are having a problem with. The subject didn't change to a statement that you got it working. the subject is still the same. That you got it working is a statement about the subject that should be in the message body.

I am becoming increasingly concerning with the rampant misuse of subject lines in this way on the lists I moderate and own. I shall be commenting on this increasingly when I see people do this sort of thing. I do little moderation but I consider this to be important.

Well, in frustration, I uninstalled the latest version of NVDA and installed one from 2015. Voila! Everything is working. I don't know why. No more unknowns and silences. Since it's an earlier version perhaps the finer tunings don't work as well, but it's nice to have it back!

Gene

You can always complicate matters unnecessarily.  The rule about subject lines is a standard part of netiquette.  You can have subject lines that say things like, NVdA crashes when Microsoft Word is run.  That is a subject line.  You can go into detail in the message.  If the problem is solved, the solution should not be in a changed subject line.  It should be in a message body.  If you can give concrete examples where a subject line needs to be changed or cannot be adequate, I'll consider them.  I can not see any such cases.  A subject is that which something is about.  How can you have a subject that can't be defined in such a way?

Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:55 AM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'