OE Classic 28 ads even more accessibility

OE Classic is basically a cheaper, or free, if you don't want to pay to get the pro addition right away, OutLook express for modern versions of windows. The pro versions, from what I can tell, are just quick releases that the free folks will get anyway when the pro version hits the next level. They continue to improve their accessibility. The free version is on 27 now but when the pro version hits version 29, 28 will be free to download. A link to the news page is below followed by the change log in version 28. The developer told me they have been testing with NVDA, not JAWS. so, I am sure accessibility will improve even more.

https://www.oeclassic.com/news

And here is all the changes.

[2017-11-03] Option to import CSV file into existing or new address book folder
• [2017-11-03] Improved recognition of some data fields for CSV file import
• [2017-11-03] Import/Export window can be resized to fit more data
• [2017-11-03] Notification for Windows 2000/XP only about discontinuing contact form functionality, no changes for any newer versions of Windows
• [2017-11-06] Improved accessibility for Import/Export window
• [2017-11-07] Added multilingual support
• [2017-12-12] Message editor Check names now also validates emails inside groups
• [2017-12-14] Faster and more accurate email address validator
• [2017-12-14] Message editor Check names checks for duplicate recipients (in the same field)
• [2017-12-14] Message editor checks for duplicate attachments
• [2018-01-10] Added multilingual counting plural rules
• [2018-01-19] Option to set default message direction right-to-left
• [2018-01-21] Save As message saving now also offers HTML or Text formats
• [2018-01-27] Added 8 initial language files (Croatian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish)
• [2018-01-27] Improved accessibility for Contact/Group Properties, Account Properties, Message Edit, Message Viewer, Column Editor, Find
• [2018-01-28] Find window improvements - Include subfolders checkbox, folder Browse button, closing window by ESC key
• [2018-02-03] Custom folder colors (right click menu over folders)
Bug fixes
• [2017-12-07] No longer jumps to the top of Address Book when items are deleted (Address Book and Main window)
• [2018-01-29] Incorrect help shortcuts in the installation script

Brian's Mail list account

Yes indeed does it have identities like OE does? Could be the answer for windows 10. The currently hacked Outlook express has started to be deleted by windows 10 updates.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

I have no idea if it has identities but version 28 has not hit the free version yet. My guess is that when 29 hits the pro version 28 will be free. I think its like $30? Anyway, I looked in the help files but could not find anything about identities. I would have a poke around on their FAQ and news blog. Their website is below.

https://www.oeclassic.com

Gene

It's really unfortunate that using google well isn't taught as a part of computer training for blind people.  Of course, using google is taught but some of the most valuable ways to use it aren't taught.  Here is one:
If information is public, such as would be expected in looking for information referring to OE Classic identities, you can save an enormous amount of time and work by just doing a Google search.  I did one for OE Classic identities and this is the first result, first the link text, then the address of the page.
OE Classic - Help - Identities

Try applying this in general.  I almost never go to sites to look around any more.  If I want to find an NVDA add on and I know the kind of add on I'm looking for, I would do a Google search.  For example, NVDA weather add on
This is the first result:
Weather Plus - NVDA add-ons
You shouldn't just follow such links without knowing where they lead.  What if a malicious site is pretending to be the NVDA official add ons page?
Underneath the link, you will see the address, as follows:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/weatherPlus.en.html -
You know that is the correct address so you can follow the link and get to the safe and proper site.

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 6:32 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] OE Classic 28 ads even more accessibility

I have no idea if it has identities but version 28 has not hit the free version yet. My guess is that when 29 hits the pro version 28 will be free. I think its like $30? Anyway, I looked in the help files but could not find anything about identities. I would have a poke around on their FAQ and news blog. Their website is below.

https://www.oeclassic.com

Brian's Mail list account

I think I'l wait till I get into windows 10 again when I get a new puter and start with it on that. the price seems pretty good as long as their help desk can actually help, if you get my drift.