From: JM Casey
Sent: 16 February 2018 21:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] usable torrent client recommendations?

Hello everyone.

I have been using Utorrent, or Mu-torrent, as it is sometimes called. I ended up with some build of 3.5 on this Windows 10 machine. It is not totally unusable, but the ads have a tendency to get stuck and crash the program. It also causes firefox to crash on a semi-regular basis. I was even willing to “upgrade to pro”, to get rid of the ads, but clicking on the link takes me to some silly games page, and while I’m sure it’s possible to get to the correct page from there, I got this inexplicable impression that the developers did not actually want me to upgrade the software at all, since they make the path so cryptic. In short, I think I would feel more comfortable with a different client altogether. Of course, I am looking for one that is very configurable and which plays nice with NVDA. Have you fine folks any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Thanks, Chris. I did used to have a much better time with uTorrent when I was using XP. Can’t remember what version I had then, but it had no ads and almost never crashed. So, if noone else has any ideas, I guess I will just take the version downgrade. I know there are a lot of other clients out there but I don’t really want to waste too much time fiddling around trying to find one I like and which is properly accessible.

I use 1.8.5 and it works fine no problem no ads

Just disable updates and you good to go