From: Maheen
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2018 3:24 AM
Subject: [nvda] Thanks Bob!

I am hoping to learn a little bit about NVDA and it’s features. Thanks for allowing me to join!
Maheen

Laz

Hm. Has Maheen promised to be nice and asked for forgiveness for all
his past misdeeds. I know he likes to claim that his medications are
now adjusted properly and that he's now a Christian and all... Has he
promised that no more death threats will be forthcoming, that he will
not try to disrupt the list in any way like sending hundreds of
nonsensical messages within one hour, etc?

Is the list owner Nimer, willing to take this risk?

And most important of all, who is Bob?

On 2/17/18, Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@charter.net> wrote:
hello bob is not the owner of this list.
gene is.
thanks.

I am hoping to learn a little bit about NVDA and it’s features. Thanks for
allowing me to join!
Maheen

Lino Morales

I share the many concerns you just Lazaro. We need to write Nemar Jay bird and Geene at the owner address. I think he meant to sign up for that list which sucks. I was on it for less than a week.

Lino Morales

On 2/17/18, Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@...> wrote:
> hello bob is not the owner of this list.
> gene is.
> thanks.

i do not believe a single thing he says, i would be very careful, i know he is not allowed on our list.

I am hoping to learn a little bit about NVDA and it’s features. Thanks for
allowing me to join!
Maheen

Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@...>

me and my friend are going to write to him, i say he needs to be kicked off  immediately.
he is very unsafe.

Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2018 11:33 AM

I share the many concerns you just Lazaro. We need to write Nemar Jay bird and Geene at the owner address. I think he meant to sign up for that list which sucks. I was on it for less than a week.

Lino Morales

Hm. Has Maheen promised to be nice and asked for forgiveness for all
his past misdeeds. I know he likes to claim that his medications are
now adjusted properly and that he's now  a Christian and all... Has he
promised that no more death threats will be forthcoming, that he will
not try to disrupt the list in any way like sending hundreds of
nonsensical messages within one hour, etc?

Is the list owner Nimer, willing to take this risk?

And most important of all, who is Bob?

On 2/17/18, Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@...> wrote:
> hello bob is not the owner of this list.
> gene is.
> thanks.

Gene

The issue no longer exists.  Maheen joined the list to promote his discussion group.  I kept him moderated and, when he sent a message promoting it, I wrote him privately explaining that the message isn't remotely on topic and won't be allowed.  I don't know what Maheen is doing now.  I haven't followed him to any extent in the past.  I know a very little about him which is why I kept him moderated to see if he played buy the list rules.  He didn't.  But whatever you think of him, he didn't make a fuss, he didn't try to persuade me to approve the message, he did nothing but unsubscribe.

The matter is closed.  I strongly don't want any more comments on this issue.  I'll lock the thread if it continues.

Hm. Has Maheen promised to be nice and asked for forgiveness for all
his past misdeeds. I know he likes to claim that his medications are
now adjusted properly and that he's now  a Christian and all... Has he
promised that no more death threats will be forthcoming, that he will
not try to disrupt the list in any way like sending hundreds of
nonsensical messages within one hour, etc?

Is the list owner Nimer, willing to take this risk?

And most important of all, who is Bob?

On 2/17/18, Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@...> wrote:
> hello bob is not the owner of this list.
> gene is.
> thanks.

Gene

One final comment and then I shall lock the topic.  Doesn't anyone have any common sense?  If Maheen is unstable and disruptive, then why is anyone discussing him on the list?  Does it really take a masters degree in psychology to realize that this discussion should have been directed to the contact the owner's link which is given in every e-mail?  This is definitely not the way to handle such a situation.  If such a situation arises in future, please discuss it off list.  this is strictly an administrative matter and is completely off topic for this list and, if Maheen were still a member of the list, what do you think you would be accomplishing by having him see all these very negative comments about him on the list.  You are just asking for trouble if your comments are true.

Again, doesn't anyone have any common sense?

The issue no longer exists.  Maheen joined the list to promote his discussion group.  I kept him moderated and, when he sent a message promoting it, I wrote him privately explaining that the message isn't remotely on topic and won't be allowed.  I don't know what Maheen is doing now.  I haven't followed him to any extent in the past.  I know a very little about him which is why I kept him moderated to see if he played buy the list rules.  He didn't.  But whatever you think of him, he didn't make a fuss, he didn't try to persuade me to approve the message, he did nothing but unsubscribe.

The matter is closed.  I strongly don't want any more comments on this issue.  I'll lock the thread if it continues.

Hm. Has Maheen promised to be nice and asked for forgiveness for all
his past misdeeds. I know he likes to claim that his medications are
now adjusted properly and that he's now  a Christian and all... Has he
promised that no more death threats will be forthcoming, that he will
not try to disrupt the list in any way like sending hundreds of
nonsensical messages within one hour, etc?

Is the list owner Nimer, willing to take this risk?

And most important of all, who is Bob?

On 2/17/18, Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@...> wrote:
> hello bob is not the owner of this list.
> gene is.
> thanks.

Gene

Another brief comment or two.  In future if something like this comes up, I'll let the list know if the problem has been resolved when it is.  I didn't anticipate this discussion.  I thought that if nothing happened, the topic would stop.  But given the strong feelings some list members have, I should have anticipated and stopped the discussion by telling the list that the problem was resolved.  I did notify the owner off list but that didn't stop this situation from arising.

Also, I'm sorry if some people think I've been to critical in my response but I feel strongly about this.  The contact the owner link is there for a reason.  I hope no one was offended by the tone of my last message but if a situation like this arises in future, please don't pour oil on the fire by discussing the matter on list.  Write to the owner's contact address.

I shall now lock the topic.