From: "Stephen" <whocrazy@internode.on.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:46 AM
Subject: [nvda] OEClassic gets an update fixing more accessibility issues

Hi.
Very pleased to report, after a bit of work, the latest beta of OE classic 2.8 has been released, with more accessibility improvements, this time to the options settings.
It's a beta though, so you'll only be able to get access to the betas if you pay a flat fee of around $30.
There is no destinction between the pro version and free version though, just that the paid users get access to the betas early.

I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news section to see what features have been added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version, will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Brice Mijares

Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?

On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what features have been added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version, will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Gene

This is a different program.  It's OE Classic.  You are talking about the original Outlook express.

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:39 AM

Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?

On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
> I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if
> that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news
> section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what features have been
> added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version,
> will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big
> deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades
> for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Brice Mijares

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

On 2/20/2018 5:44 AM, Gene wrote:
This is a different program.?? It's OE Classic.?? You are talking about the original Outlook express.
Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?
On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
> I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if
> that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news
> section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what features have been
> added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version,
> will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big
> deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades
> for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Yes, this has happened to me more than once. When windows 10 has a major update it removes OE. But this is the third version of OE that I've downloaded. Perhaps they've found a way to lock it in now?

Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?

On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what features have been added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version, will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Gene

No.  They have worked on a method for backing up data so that when you reinstall the program, you can put the data back.  I don't know how comprehensive the data backed up is nor do I know whether it is considered to be in its stable form or if it is still a beta.

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:33 AM

Yes, this has happened to me more than once.  When windows 10 has a major
update it removes OE.  But this is the third version of OE that I've
downloaded.  Perhaps they've found a way to lock it in now?

> Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?
>
> On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
>> I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if
>> that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news
>> section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what features have been
>> added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version,
>> will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big
>> deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades
>> for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Karim Lakhani <karim.lakhani@...>

where do we find OE classic?

$$$$$$
EMAIL:karim.lakhani@shaw.ca
$$$$
SKYPE: goldenace4
$$$
can control is your character.
- Wayne Walter Dyer (1940-)

This is a different program.?? It's OE Classic.?? You are talking
about the original Outlook express.
Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?

On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
> I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not
sure if > that is something you want, but I would comb through all of
their news > section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what
features have been > added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the
more accessible version, > will be free when the pro version shoots
up to 29. I can wait. No big > deal for me, but I think it is a one
time payment? And you get upgrades > for life? I'll have to look at the
website again though.

Stephen

www.oeclassic.com

At 08:03 AM 2/21/2018, you wrote:
where do we find OE classic?

$$$$$$
EMAIL:karim.lakhani@shaw.ca
$$$$
SKYPE: goldenace4
$$$
can control is your character.
- Wayne Walter Dyer (1940-)

This is a different program.?? It's OE Classic.?? You are talking
about the original Outlook express.
Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?

On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
> I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not
sure if > that is something you want, but I would comb through all of
their news > section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what
features have been > added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the
more accessible version, > will be free when the pro version shoots
up to 29. I can wait. No big > deal for me, but I think it is a one
time payment? And you get upgrades > for life? I'll have to look at the
website again though.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It orphans it off, but this is a look alike commercial product we are talking about here.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?

On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what features have been added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version, will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

The question is, does it have identities in a free or relatively cheap version. This and message rules are the most important things along with read and unread flag reading etc.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news section ( https://www.oeclassic.com/news ) to see what features have been added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version, will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't know for some ridiculous reason Microsoft do not want you to use their own software, and yet are unable to supply as good an email and news solution as Outlook Express. There is I fancy, somewhere in Microsoft somebody or a view that new must be better, without anybody querying it. Look at what this arrogance is doing to Skype.
Its exactly the same thing that caused Edge to be rubbish at the start and arguably still is rubbish from the usability point of view.
[...]

I think the final killer of Outlook Express will be if the IE display code is totally replaced by Edge code in the future.
[...]

Not if you read mail as plain text.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:30 AM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Yes, this has happened to me more than once.  When windows 10 has a major
update it removes OE.  But this is the third version of OE that I've
downloaded.  Perhaps they've found a way to lock it in now?

> Didn't I hear when windows 10 has a major update it removes OE?
>
> On 2/20/2018 5:05 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:
>> I did some web crawling. The pro version has identities, so not sure if
>> that is something you want, but I would comb through all of their news
>> section <https://www.oeclassic.com/news> to see what features have been
>> added. The free version is on 27 now. 28, the more accessible version,
>> will be free when the pro version shoots up to 29. I can wait. No big
>> deal for me, but I think it is a one time payment? And you get upgrades
>> for life? I'll have to look at the website again though.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

https://www.oeclassic.com/download

Strange that innit?
Simply search for these things on Google its faster than asking here!