Vocalizer Expressive sapi voices


Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Hi,
I recently found out CodeFactory is selling a package containing Vocalizer expressive sapi voices that will work with any screen reader.
I am using it right now and have tested it with both Narrator and NVDA. So far, everything is working great.
I especially like the User dictionary.
Unlike the Vocalizer expressive and eloquence for NVDA, from what I've read, you can supposedly transfer your license from your old computer to a new one if it updates.
If any of you are interested, ATGuys is the one selling the product. It's 115 dollars, but keep in mind, it does allow you to use the voices with any screen reader. When you compare it to the Sapi voices for Acapela that cost 299 dollars, it's a pretty good deal.
Chris


 

Hmmm I do wander what you do when windows 10 updates so often to the latest feature update, do you have to deactivate the product first?

But yeah I am seriously thinking of this to 60 bucks is better than the acapella ones and I have been using scansoft for ages and ages now.

On 21/02/2018 11:02 a.m., Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
I recently found out CodeFactory is selling a package containing Vocalizer expressive sapi voices that will work with any screen reader.
I am using it right now and have tested it with both Narrator and NVDA. So far, everything is working great.
I especially like the User dictionary.
Unlike the Vocalizer expressive and eloquence for NVDA, from what I've read, you can supposedly transfer your license from your old computer to a new one if it updates.
If any of you are interested, ATGuys is the one selling the product. It's 115 dollars, but keep in mind, it does allow you to use the voices with any screen reader. When you compare it to the Sapi voices for Acapela that cost 299 dollars, it's a pretty good deal.
Chris



Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

If you are talking about the Eloquence and Vocalizer expressive for NVDA, the only time you would need to deactivate it is when you had a major update. FOr example, the creators updates like from Windows 10 1703 to Windows 10 version 1709. Otherwise, you don't have to deactivate it.
So long as the computer ID doesn't change, you'll be fine.


 

Hmmph.

Its another step, I guess what I would have to do then is when a feature update came about, or was on the cards, I'd have to defur the update so it didn't happen so I'd have enough time to deactivate the licence, then reactivate everything once I was updated.

I'd have thought that there could be a way to back it all up, then put it back without doodling about, but maybe there is a way to do all that.

On 21/02/2018 1:10 p.m., Chris Shook wrote:
If you are talking about the Eloquence and Vocalizer expressive for NVDA, the only time you would need to deactivate it is when you had a major update. FOr example, the creators updates like from Windows 10 1703 to Windows 10 version 1709. Otherwise, you don't have to deactivate it.
So long as the computer ID doesn't change, you'll be fine.



Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Does it also include Eloquence though as this seems to be what people are buying the other vendors products for.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Shook" <chris0309@samobile.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Vocalizer Expressive sapi voices


Hi,
I recently found out CodeFactory is selling a package containing Vocalizer expressive sapi voices that will work with any screen reader.
I am using it right now and have tested it with both Narrator and NVDA. So far, everything is working great.
I especially like the User dictionary.
Unlike the Vocalizer expressive and eloquence for NVDA, from what I've read, you can supposedly transfer your license from your old computer to a new one if it updates.
If any of you are interested, ATGuys is the one selling the product. It's 115 dollars, but keep in mind, it does allow you to use the voices with any screen reader. When you compare it to the Sapi voices for Acapela that cost 299 dollars, it's a pretty good deal.
Chris


Luke Scholey <l.scholey.lists@...>
 

Also, how are you meant to know when the computer ID will change?
I’ve done a minor Windows 10 update before and have lost the license key, resulting in me contacting CF to get them all reset.
Luke

On 21 Feb 2018, at 03:08, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmmph.

Its another step, I guess what I would have to do then is when a feature update came about, or was on the cards, I'd have to defur the update so it didn't happen so I'd have enough time to deactivate the licence, then reactivate everything once I was updated.

I'd have thought that there could be a way to back it all up, then put it back without doodling about, but maybe there is a way to do all that.




On 21/02/2018 1:10 p.m., Chris Shook wrote:
If you are talking about the Eloquence and Vocalizer expressive for NVDA, the only time you would need to deactivate it is when you had a major update. FOr example, the creators updates like from Windows 10 1703 to Windows 10 version 1709. Otherwise, you don't have to deactivate it.
So long as the computer ID doesn't change, you'll be fine.





--
Luke Scholey
Webmaster i/c Publishing
lukescholey.co.uk
Tel: +44 7759 282586
Email: l.scholey@lukescholey.co.uk

WWW.LUKESCHOLEY.CO.UK
All feedback and questions welcome. The site admin can be contacted at:
webmaster@lukescholey.co.uk
All content copyright © 2012-2018 LukeScholey.co.uk
Confidentiality Notice:
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your system.
Disclaimer:
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses, LukeScholey.co.uk accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.


Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Like I saod before, supposedly with the Sapi voices you can transfer the license. I'm just not sure how to do it.


Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

No, the sapi package does not include Eloquence. However, you can buy the eloquence package for sixty-nine dollars.


Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

I don't know what they recommend, but I just usually deactivate when performing a major update just on the safe side.


 

Well I am not paying 69 bucks for eloquence.

Interestingly the tiflocomp voices and code factory voices are 115 bucks, is it worth me to buy the newer code factory ones which is better or should I try a different voice manufacturer.

Due to them no longer sold and other things I have completely clobbered the inoetics voices, codes, recipts and files from my system and all drives, and won't be buying anything from them in the future, a waste of 80 bucks sadly.

I do have the old scansoft voices but I do want a 64 bit voice package and no eloquence is not my choice for voices.

Its a pitty acapella sapi voices cost so much to buy on their infovox format.

Buying them for nvda just like the code factory voices is nice but I want my voices in other things.

There is the ivona which could cost a bit but to be honest what should I go for.

On 22/02/2018 2:19 a.m., Chris Shook wrote:
No, the sapi package does not include Eloquence. However, you can buy the eloquence package for sixty-nine  dollars.


.


 

I also don't care for the fact one has to make sure you deactivate your voices before an upgrade though if its possible to do it and or backup your licence without having all sorts of issues well maybe.

On 22/02/2018 2:19 a.m., Chris Shook wrote:
No, the sapi package does not include Eloquence. However, you can buy the eloquence package for sixty-nine  dollars.


.