nvda-down arrow not working on web

John Covici

Hi. I am fairly new to nvda, so please bear with me.

I was reading the user guide and it said if there was a cursor then I
could use nvda-downarrow to read continuously. Now, I thought this
would work in reading the user guide itself, but it only read one
line. Am I missing a setting or does this not work on the web. I am
using internet explorer and Windows 10 Fall Creators update.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Gene

Did you change the keyboard layout or are you still using the default, which is the desktop layout?  If you are using the desktop layout, press and hold either the main keyboard insert and press down arrow.  If you changed to the laptop layout, another list member will give the command.  I don't use it.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:30 AM
Subject: [nvda] nvda-down arrow not working on web

Hi.  I am fairly new to nvda, so please bear with me.

I was reading the user guide and it said if there was a cursor then I
could use nvda-downarrow to read continuously.  Now, I thought this
would work in reading the user guide itself, but it only read one
line.  Am I missing a setting or does this not work on the web.  I am
using internet explorer and Windows 10 Fall Creators update.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici@...

hello.
if you use desktop keyboard layout, the keys as you mentioned is nvda
down arrow for reading entire documents.
it works on notepad, notepad plus plus, web browsers, wordpad.
but if you selected laptop keyboard layout, the keys for sayAll is nvda+a.
hope that help, God bless you!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Its the nvda and the down arrow that you need. Insert down arrow by default.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Hi. I am fairly new to nvda, so please bear with me.

I was reading the user guide and it said if there was a cursor then I
could use nvda-downarrow to read continuously. Now, I thought this
would work in reading the user guide itself, but it only read one
line. Am I missing a setting or does this not work on the web. I am
using internet explorer and Windows 10 Fall Creators update.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

John Covici

Using the desktop layout press insert on numpad and down arrow on
numpad, and it read one line. Maybe I have to use the regular insert
instead?

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:18:28 -0500,
Gene wrote:

[1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
[2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
[...]

by default, both inserts are nvda key.
be sure that numb lock be off.

Gene wrote:

[...]

Jacob Kruger

Bear in mind that you need to activate the primary cursor down arrow,
and, not the numpad down arrow/number 2 key, like in another
screenreader to invoke read all from current position.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Covici" <covici@ccs.covici.com>
Hi. I am fairly new to nvda, so please bear with me.

I was reading the user guide and it said if there was a cursor then I
could use nvda-downarrow to read continuously. Now, I thought this
would work in reading the user guide itself, but it only read one
line. Am I missing a setting or does this not work on the web. I am
using internet explorer and Windows 10 Fall Creators update.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

NVDA uses the numpad for other things.  I don't recall how the manual worded the command but it probably just said down arrow.  Don't assume other commands can be used or if you try a variation and it doesn't work, always try the other if there are two choices.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda-down arrow not working on web

Gene wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
> [2  <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
> Did you change the keyboard layout or are you still using the default, which is the desktop layout? If you are using the desktop layout, press and hold either the main keyboard insert and press down arrow. If you changed to the laptop
> layout, another list member will give the command. I don't use it.
> Gene

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici@...

John Covici

Ohh this is what I did not do -- thanks.

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 08:36:33 -0500,
Jacob Kruger wrote:

[...]

Well that is the only down arrow which is supposed to be a down arrow as the others depend on the shift status.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Hi. I am fairly new to nvda, so please bear with me.

I was reading the user guide and it said if there was a cursor then I
could use nvda-downarrow to read continuously. Now, I thought this
would work in reading the user guide itself, but it only read one
line. Am I missing a setting or does this not work on the web. I am
using internet explorer and Windows 10 Fall Creators update.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

Chris

It would help us all if you could check which keyboard layout is being used in nvda

As that will affect the answer

So I guess it would help us all if you could confirm which keyboard layout you are using under nvda preferences > Keyboard settings ? keyboard layout

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Bear in mind that you need to activate the primary cursor down arrow,

and, not the numpad down arrow/number 2 key, like in another

screenreader to invoke read all from current position.

Jacob Kruger

Blind Biker

Skype: BlindZA

On 2/21/2018 2:57 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

> Its the nvda  and the down arrow that you need. Insert down arrow by

> default.

> Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.