espeak volume quite low

John Covici

Hi. I am noticing that espeak has quite alower volume than other
system sounds, or listening to a video or anything else, even though
the volume is set at 100% in voice settings. How can I fix?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

hi.
do you use espeak bundled with nvda or
do you use espeak sapi5?
if you use espeak of sapi5, it depend on the valume of your choice in
control panel, valume control.
if you use espeak which is installed by default with nvda, i did not
try other synthesizer,
but for me the valume is loud and i select 60 or 70 for its valume.
also, it depend on the voice that you selected.
which variant are you using?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

i forgot to say i use iven3 and love it very much.

On 2/21/18, zahra a <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hmm, Not seen this here. Have you looked at the individual volumes of running applications in windows?
There is a dialogue for this in 7, I assume it also exists in 10, and I nearly always need to turn down the system sounds an turn up the master volume to stop the overloading of the amplifier on dings and bangs
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Hi. I am noticing that espeak has quite alower volume than other
system sounds, or listening to a video or anything else, even though
the volume is set at 100% in voice settings. How can I fix?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

John Covici

I am using Max as the variant. Volume is a lot lower than normal
stuff.

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:48:21 -0500,
zahra wrote:

[...]

i recommend you to try other voices like iven.

zahra wrote:

[...]

More information -- if I go into the speakers, I can raise the volume
of the voice and it stays -- I don't know if it will stay across
reboots, but its working for now.

zahra wrote:

[...]

Gene

I don't think that will solve the volume problem.  Why should one voice be at a different volume when the same synthesizer is being used.

I don't have Windows 10 but this command should open Windows volume settings for play.
Hold the Windows key and type r.  Release both keys.  The run dialog will open.
type sndvol and press enter.
Tab around and see if NVDA is listed in the volume settings.  Can you raise it?

When finished, close the utility with alt f4.  There is no ok button.  When you right arrow to raise the volume or left arrow to lower the volume settings take immediate effect.  That allows you to hear the changes as you make them.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It is a taste thing, I could make Quincy louder, but often people complain it makes their laptop speakers rattle if I do!

zahra wrote:

[...]

It is true that some of the espeak voices sound quieter than others, but this effectively depends on the amount of energy allowed in the particular band in question.
When I wrote quincy, I deliberately made it a little quieter as people complained the original which has a lot of bass, was rattling their laptops!

zahra wrote:

[...]

No, not a laptop -- I have it going through a mixer to my stereo
system.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Covici"
<covici@ccs.covici.com>

zahra wrote:

[...]

I saw Brian's comments about Quincy being softer and I checked.  it's a little softer but not much.  I don't think that small difference in volume is what is being asked about.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Assuming the other advice has been followed in this thread, then I'm at a bit of a loss as its plenty loud enough. Not as loud as maybe some voices in other synths, like Serena for example but those voices are very compressed and have few dynamics at all, therefore their average loudness sounds more, much like the adverts in tv programs for the same reason.