From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of John
Covici
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] quickbooks

Hi. A while ago there was a quickbooks addon, but it never seemed to go
anywhere -- I was just wondering if there has been any development over the
last year or two in the addin.

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Jonathan COHN

Quicken and Quickbooks are no longer from the same company. Intuit now only sells TurboTax and QuickBokks. They have an accessibility officer Ted Drake who is fairly active on Twitter, but it seems they are more concentrated on improving the blind accessibility of their Web interfaces.
Best Wishes,

Jonathan Cohn

On 2/21/18, 12:38 PM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of ely.r@comcast.net" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of ely.r@comcast.net> wrote:

John,
Great question! I have off and on run my own business and for years used
Quicken for what I needed. Then for a time was with an agency and they did
for me what I had done with Quicken.

Went back on my own and decided time to get Quicken again as I had let the
license laps. When I installed the new version, it was a screen reading
nightmare. It was so difficult that I went back to using the APH program,
Money Talks. It is okay, but not what Quicken had done for me in the past. I
am guessing that Quick Books has an interface much like Quicken. I was not
about to do the offered paid upgrade to find that was the case. There have
to be folks other than you and I who would benefit from a good add in.
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413() 727-3038

Hi. A while ago there was a quickbooks addon, but it never seemed to go
anywhere -- I was just wondering if there has been any development over the
last year or two in the addin.

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

ely.r@...

Good to know the separation and that QB has someone actively interested in accessibility. Are you currently using Quick Books with NVDA and what do you think?
Thanks,
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413() 727-3038

Hi. A while ago there was a quickbooks addon, but it never seemed to go
anywhere -- I was just wondering if there has been any development over the
last year or two in the addin.

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

From memory, I seem to recall that the new version of this software came along when the add on was being written, and I do not recall if the problems had gone away or got worse. Did I not also see that there is an online and a stand alone version now?
This often what happens, you get something to work then the company change it again.
Look what has happened to the Revo uninstaller.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-