Topics

Windows 10 detected of virus in Virtual Recorder

Robert Mendoza

Early this morning when I am about to run the Virtual recorder and haven't use it for awhile the Windows Defender of my Windows 10 detected that there is a virus that's need to be scanned offline. not sure what happened but before the same program has been used with no problem for couple of months ago. Any thought or experience for this. Thanks.
--

Robert Mendoza

Sarah k Alawami

Can you just exclude that from your virus scanner I don't know how to do this so read its manual if it indeed has one, or start in the settings and look for an exclude from scan list.

On Feb 21, 2018, at 3:19 PM, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@gmail.com> wrote:

Early this morning when I am about to run the Virtual recorder and haven't use it for awhile the Windows Defender of my Windows 10 detected that there is a virus that's need to be scanned offline. not sure what happened but before the same program has been used with no problem for couple of months ago. Any thought or experience for this. Thanks.
--

Robert Mendoza

Hmph its just windows defender targeting the blind again.

Programs your av detects is ok suddenly are problems, just exclude that folder, you may have to reinstall virtual recorder.

On 22/02/2018 12:19 p.m., Robert Mendoza wrote:
Early this morning when I am about to run the Virtual recorder and haven't use it for awhile the Windows Defender of my Windows 10 detected that there is a virus that's need to be scanned offline. not sure what happened but before the same program has been used with no problem for couple of months ago. Any thought or experience for this. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

I will give it a try once again. Thanks, Shaun!

Robert Mendoza

On 2/22/2018 11:07 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hmph its just windows defender targeting the blind again.

Programs your av detects is ok suddenly are problems, just exclude that folder, you may have to reinstall virtual recorder.

On 22/02/2018 12:19 p.m., Robert Mendoza wrote:
Early this morning when I am about to run the Virtual recorder and haven't use it for awhile the Windows Defender of my Windows 10 detected that there is a virus that's need to be scanned offline. not sure what happened but before the same program has been used with no problem for couple of months ago. Any thought or experience for this. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

Now even my backup in my flash drive has been removed. Does anyone here the link to download the installer for Virtual Recorder. I appreciate your response.

Robert Mendoza

On 2/22/2018 3:03 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:
I will give it a try once again. Thanks, Shaun!

Robert Mendoza

On 2/22/2018 11:07 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hmph its just windows defender targeting the blind again.

Programs your av detects is ok suddenly are problems, just exclude that folder, you may have to reinstall virtual recorder.

On 22/02/2018 12:19 p.m., Robert Mendoza wrote:
Early this morning when I am about to run the Virtual recorder and haven't use it for awhile the Windows Defender of my Windows 10 detected that there is a virus that's need to be scanned offline. not sure what happened but before the same program has been used with no problem for couple of months ago. Any thought or experience for this. Thanks.

Lenron

stupid anti virus crap always breaking programs.

On 2/22/18, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I tend to just tell it to ignore it if things happen like this. In msse you can do this.
Obviously you need to be sure of the origin of the software.

it does the same to passview some software I use to get back peoples forgotten email client passwords too.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Well I have hung on to my sanity, but I know people that have snapped.

They exclude their program files, user files, download files and windows folders in fact all their drives from the virus software because they just can't handle it anymore.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lenron" <lenron93@gmail.com>
[...]

Chris Mullins

Hi Robert
I had the same issue, below is a précis of the steps to add/remove exclusions to defender.

To add an exclusion toWindows Defender.

1. Open the Windows Defender Security Center app, and activate the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. activate the Virus & threat protection settings link.

3. activate the Add or remove exclusions link under the Exclusion ssection.

4. activate the Add an exclusion plus button, and go to step 5 (file), step 6(folder), step 7 (file type), or step 8 (process) below depending on the type of exclusion you want to add.

5. To Add a File Exclusion to Windows Defender

Note: This option is to add a specific file as an exclusion to no longer be scanned by Windows Defender.
A) activate File under Add an exclusion.
B) Navigate to and select a file you want to exclude, activate Open, and go to step 9 below.

6. To Add a Folder Exclusion to Windows Defender
Note:This option is to add a folder as an exclusion to no longer have the folder and the files in the folder scanned by Windows Defender.
A) activate Folder under Add an exclusion.
B) Navigate to and select a folder you want to exclude, activate Select folder, and go to step 9 below.

7. To Add a File Type Exclusion to Windows Defender
Note: This option is to add a file extension as an exclusion to no longer have all files with that file type scanned by Windows Defender.
A) activate File type under Add an exclusion. (see screenshot below step 4)
B) Enter a file extension you want to exclude, activate Add, and go to step 9 below.

8. To Add a Process Exclusion to Windows Defender
Note: This option is to add a process as an exclusion to no longer have any file associated with it scanned by Windows Defender.
A) activate Process under Add an exclusion.
B) Enter a process name you want to exclude, activate Add, and go to step 9 below.

9. activate Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

10. Repeat step 4 above if you would like to add another exclusion to Windows Defender.

11. When finished, you can close Settings.

To remove an exclusion from Windows Defender

Repeat steps 1 to 3 as in 'To add an exclusion...' above.

4. select an added exclusion that you want to remove, and activate its Remove button.

5. activate Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

6. Repeat step 4 above if you would like to remove another exclusion.

7. When finished, you can close Settings.

HTH
Chris