Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:34 AM
Subject: [nvda] question

Hi folks

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

While the podcast is playing, hit the alt key and arrow down to the file menu. Hit enter on it and arrow down to "save as". Next, follow the prompts for downloading a file. You'd type in the name of the file and then tab to the save button and hit either space bar or enter on it.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Gene

Or while it is playing, you just use the command control s.  When you are moving through menus and you hear the command control plus a letter or number, that command will take the action from the main window of the program.

Gene

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Rosemarie Chavarria

That's a good tip to remember. I almost forgot about that one.

Or while it is playing, you just use the command control s.  When you are moving through menus and you hear the command control plus a letter or number, that command will take the action from the main window of the program.

Gene

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Could I ask why you want to use windows media player and which podcasts you are looking to download?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using
windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

anthony borg

Thanks for the info rosmarie. I will try it.

While the podcast is playing, hit the alt key and arrow down to the file menu. Hit enter on it and arrow down to "save as". Next, follow the prompts for downloading a file. You'd type in the name of the file and then tab to the save button and hit either space bar or enter on it.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

anthony borg

Hi gene

It is on a website. And I want to download a copy of it. Thanks in advance

Anthony

How are you getting to the podcast in the first place?  Is it playing in Media Player?

Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:34 AM

Hi folks

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Gene

But when you press enter on the link, what happens?  Does it play In Media Player?  I believe someone described how to download a file such as a podcast playing in Windows Media Player.  But before that method is of any use to you, does the file open in the player?

Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 7:15 AM

Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:34 AM

Hi folks

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

The Gamages

Hello,

Pressing enter on the link will probably open it, if it’s to be downloaded, try the context menu, [key to the left of the right control key on a standard keyboard], you get options including maybe “save as” or “save target as”, this should bring up the normal save as dialogue and the file can be saved to a folder, from there it cvan be opened in a program such as Windows media player.
We don’t know what kindof file it is so can’t be specific, I hope this helps and good luck.

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 7:15 AM

Hi gene

It is on a website. And I want to download a copy of it. Thanks in advance

Anthony

How are you getting to the podcast in the first place?  Is it playing in Media Player?

Can somebody explain to me how to download a podcast from the internet using windows media player please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Gene

That is one way you can save many files.  But it is important to know other ways as well.  Some sites don't support downloading files in that way.  That's why I asked questions such as whether the file opens in Windows media Player.

Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 7:15 AM