Topics

NVDA keeping Outlook 2007 from closing properly

Felix G.

Hi!
I'm observing that when NVDA is running, no matter if it's 2017.3, 2017.4 or 2018.1 rc1, Outlook 2007 does not close properly, that is, it stays behind in the system tray. When NVDA is not running, Outlook will fully close.
Anything I might try?
Best regards,
Felix

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

I rarely have that problem but when I do, I go to the file menu and arrow up to exit. You could give that a try and see if it works.

I'm observing that when NVDA is running, no matter if it's 2017.3, 2017.4 or 2018.1 rc1, Outlook 2007 does not close properly, that is, it stays behind in the system tray. When NVDA is not running, Outlook will fully close.

Anything I might try?

Best regards,

Felix

Felix G.

Hi!
Tried it, didn't work, but thanks anyway for a great idea!
Have a nice weekend,
Felix

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> schrieb am Fr., 23. Feb. 2018 um 17:17 Uhr:

Hi,

I rarely have that problem but when I do, I go to the file menu and arrow up to exit. You could give that a try and see if it works.

I'm observing that when NVDA is running, no matter if it's 2017.3, 2017.4 or 2018.1 rc1, Outlook 2007 does not close properly, that is, it stays behind in the system tray. When NVDA is not running, Outlook will fully close.

Anything I might try?

Best regards,

Felix

hi.
another suggestion:
go to the task manager and processing tab, then end process for outlook!
i do this for closing skype always.

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> schrieb am Fr., 23. Feb. 2018

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Felix G.

Hi!
Sure, this works, but it's a bit like shutting down your pc by pulling its power plug. Outlook may have data files open, and force-quitting it like this may leave them in an inconsistent state. What I do is restart NVDA, that also gets rid of the Outlook process.
Best,
Felix

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It sometimes does this with access as well i noticed the other day. I'm not sure if this is actually real or just the notification tray routine gets stuck.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I'm observing that when NVDA is running, no matter if it's 2017.3, 2017.4
or 2018.1 rc1, Outlook 2007 does not close properly, that is, it stays
behind in the system tray. When NVDA is not running, Outlook will fully
close.
Anything I might try?
Best regards,
Felix

Jonathan COHN

Sounds like a So, is this an issue with several applications and NVDA? I was switching around browsers and Screen Readers yesterday, and at one point I had a application refuse to continue because Internet Explorer was in the process table, even though there were no IE windows open.

I wonder if perhaps the OLE interfaces in NVDA are not disconnecting from active objects when applications are quitting / shutting down.

Of course if it was an issue like this then restarting NVDA should also clear out any partially closed applications that were awaiting confirmation from NVDA before quitting.

Best Wishes,

Jonathan Cohn