Topics

I give up!

Debra Gardner

This is the same old topic, just a new subject line.  NVDA is still unknowning  and being silent no matter what versions I put on it.  I tried the latest 2018 snapshot, a version 2015 snapshot  and a version of 2016.  It doesn't work on the logon screen either.  re-initializing-or whatever it is-the dl files doesn't help either and I'm not techy enough to fool around in the python console.  It is just a mystery to me why NVDA has this problem and none of my other screen readers do.  One interesting thing is that it does kind of work with Microsoft Edge  which is the only browser where the web pages are not silent.  As I say, I'm using Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.248.  I'm trying not to become obsessive about it  but I hate loose ends!

Sarah k Alawami

How odd. I don't think I'm having the issue. Anyone else? What are your system specs?

Take care

On Feb 23, 2018, at 4:58 PM, Debra Gardner <dgardner18@...> wrote:

This is the same old topic, just a new subject line.  NVDA is still unknowning  and being silent no matter what versions I put on it.  I tried the latest 2018 snapshot, a version 2015 snapshot  and a version of 2016.  It doesn't work on the logon screen either.  re-initializing-or whatever it is-the dl files doesn't help either and I'm not techy enough to fool around in the python console.  It is just a mystery to me why NVDA has this problem and none of my other screen readers do.  One interesting thing is that it does kind of work with Microsoft Edge  which is the only browser where the web pages are not silent.  As I say, I'm using Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.248.  I'm trying not to become obsessive about it  but I hate loose ends!

why snapshots versions of nvda?
just try stable versions, maybe helpful for you.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Gene

It doesn't matter whether a snapshot or a production version is used.  the message indicates that production versions were used as well as old snapshots.  If this were a problem found in a new snapshot only, using older snapshots and older production versions would have removed the problem.  This is a problem with the system, not the screen-reader.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do you hav4e avast on the system?
Or have you had it in the past.
I have just found that after a normal uninstall it leaves a couple of routines which cannot seemingly be stopped and they protect anything from altering the registry, and it occurred to me that if any program does this and you attempt to re register dll files it will probably not let it do so.

Brian clutching at straws?

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-