Topics

[win10] Version 1709 and beyond: screen readers mustsupport uIA notification event in order to announce various things from apps#ADVISORY #winten1803 #winten1709

Sarah k Alawami

Agreed. It is very fast and very  easy to use. Sometimes easier than nvda when I'm in  a pinch. I will use nvda when I lose my tab key  in obs, although narrator does not pick up the tab when that happens either, still though I can get around farily quick.

On Feb 24, 2018, at 2:46 AM, mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:

Narrator to slow and clunky?
What do you meen with clunky?
Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Skickat: den 24 februari 2018 10:50
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [nvda] FW: [win10] Version 1709 and beyond: screen readers mustsupport uIA notification event in order to announce various things from apps#ADVISORY #WinTen1709 #WinTen1803

It seems to me like Microsoft are slipping back into the ways that got them
into the brown sticky stuff with edge. Ie changing things and putting out
releases with no advisory to the screenreader community of a big change in
the system. we have seen it in Skype recently too. Somebody over there at
Microsoft needs to get a better grip on changes that affect access software
and not merely assume narrator is all that matters.

Narrator is still too slow and clunky to use every day.
I was going to get a windows 10 machine but until they stop messing about
I'm sorely tempted to stay old fashioned!

Have they lost that Jenny whats her name from the accessibility management
who seemed to do a good job before?

Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'