From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] something strange in outlook

Hi, everyone,

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Sam Taylor

It now occurs to me that this began to happen for me when I was running betas a couple of weeks ago, and this behaviour has crept into the NVDA RC1 build. It is an NVDA bug that is worth reporting. Perhaps the Outlook message is somehow being modified. This doesn't happen when an alternate screenreader is tested. Note that you need to navigate past the first line of the message. Happy to report this if nobody has done so.

On 25/02/2018 11:50, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi Rosemary,

I am having the same issue.  I hope someone has an answer.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Sam,

I set outlook to plain text but that didn't fix the problem. It is probably something with NVDA.

Rosemarie

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Now this is interesting. Is yours one of the versions of Outlook that uses Word as its editor?
I get this all the time in word. I have a feeling its nvda hooking into something making it think something has changed, for example. I create a word document, I save it, I then go to exit word and it says the text has changed do I want to save it again so to speak. Not every time, but enough to be annoying.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What add ons are you using, anything that might be affected? My guess its uia again.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I set outlook to plain text but that didn't fix the problem. It is probably something with NVDA.

Rosemarie

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'm not using any add-ons for outlook.

I set outlook to plain text but that didn't fix the problem. It is probably
something with NVDA.

Rosemarie

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of
the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do you use Word? does the same thing happen in that editor if a graphic is there?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I set outlook to plain text but that didn't fix the problem. It is probably
something with NVDA.

Rosemarie

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If you don't have word, how can it use it? Wordpad. I use Jarte for everyday stuff and word if I need to see tables and page breaks etc.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of
the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Ralf Kefferpuetz

I discover the same with 2018.1 RC1 and with develop versions of 2017.4 With
installing released 2017.4 I don't have this problem.
Something seems to be changed since dev 2017.4.....

Regards,
Ralf

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I
hit escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the
body of the message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never
seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Ralf Kefferpuetz

The editing part of Word is included in MS Outlook. No need to have MS Word
installed.

Regards,
Ralf

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of
the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this
before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Thanks for that, As I do not have outlook and do have an aging word, I was getting a bit annoyed at the way occasionally when trying to close an unaltered word file it kept telling me it had changed and wanting me to save it when it had not been.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of
the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this
before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Brian,

Just now I exited NVDA and then restarted it. That seemed to fix the outlook
problem for now. Hopefully that will be fixed in a future release of NVDA.

Rosemarie

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of
the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this
before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Ralph,

I wonder if I could change the editing part to wordpad so I don't get that
strange message.

Rosemarie

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I
hit escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the
body of the message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never
seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I hope that problem will be fixed in future releases of NVDA. I didn't have
this issue with 2017.4.

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I
hit escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the
body of the message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never
seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I don't have word but I do have jarte and wordpad.

I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of
the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this
before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I don't have word but I still get that strange message.

I set outlook to plain text but that didn't fix the problem. It is probably
something with NVDA.

Rosemarie

Yesterday and today I noticed something different in outlook. When I hit
escape to get out of a message, I get a message saying that the body of the
message has changed and do I want to save it. I've never seen this before.
Is there something I might need to change in either outlook or NVDA?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

The program uses what it uses.  You can't switch the editor portion of the program.  It isn't something people would generally want to do and it wasn't provided for.  You can try an earlier version of NVDA, which might work around the problem.

>I think it does use word but I don't have microsoft word. I have wordpad.

Gene

The point is that if you don't have Word, it can't use the Word editor unless a stripped down version is included in the program itself.

Since this problem doesn't exist in earlier versions of NVDA, you can avoid the problem by using an earlier version.  If you don't use any features in the newest version, you can just go back.  If you do use features of the new version, then depending on how important they are to you, you can try using a portable version of NVDA in an older version while working with Outlook.

Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 3:33 PM