Topics

Tips on using QBittorrent?

John Isige

Hi all. Apparently MuTorrent has security issues, and a place recommended QBittorrent as an alternative. I downloaded it, since people said it was accessible. Anybody have tips on using it? For example, I downloaded something, but I can't find the file on the screen to do anything with it, e.g. see how far the download is, delete the file/torrent if I don't want it anymore, and so on. I managed to get through the options, although a warning, if you get into advanced you'll get stuck, I can't see any way back to the tree and the OK button and so on. I mean I got it to work as a thing that will open and download torrents which is OK I guess, but I'd like a little more control, if this thing is supposedly accessible. Right now I have no idea how to tell it to get rid of a torrent, or to stop seeding it, or get rid of the files associated with it, see the download speed and progress, you know, the kinds of things you typically want to do with torrents.

mk360

Use object navigation.

El 06/03/2018 a las 18:20, John Isige escribió:
[...]

I did. Is the list of files inside of something else? Because I didn't
see any files.

On 3/6/2018 15:24, mk360 wrote:
[...]

But object navigation? Not flat navigation.

However, for example, as an starting point, locate with "tab" the "state" verification box, move the object navigator to the previows object with NVDA numpad 4 (or the equivalent in laptop mode) move the object navigator to the first child object with NVDA numpad 2, move to the next object with NVDA numpad 6 until you arribe to the tree, move the navigator with NVDA numpad 2 and explore it with previows and next object.

Note that in the latest next branch the navigator fail in the tree, but it works in the latest stable version (I don't know in RC).

Regards,

mk.

On 3/6/2018 15:24, mk360 wrote:
[...]

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Huh. What's this about Mutorrent? What a shame as I just got it working nicely the other week (thanks again). Is this a new development?

[...]

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

What if you have hundreds of Torrance? Do you just go through them object by object? Sounds like it could be tedious.

On March 6, 2018 4:25:11 PM "mk360" <mk.seventhson@...> wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately I don't remember where I saw it, let me see if I can find it again.

https://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-client-utorrent-suffers-security-vulnerability-180220/

I found out when something I tried to download,can't recall what, wouldn't work, and I checked the site and they mentioned they wouldn't accept MuTorrent anymore.

On 3/6/2018 18:45, JM Casey wrote:
[...]

Yes. I found this after I wrote that message to the list.

It doesn't actually sound all that serious to me. And I think they've already patched it. I only use a couple of private trackers anyway. Think I'll just stuck to the Mu, now that I'm finally happy with the way it's working. Let us know if you have any better luck with Qbittorrent.

[...]

So, I have a status checkbox. Moving to the right, there's a list with
all, downloading, stuff like that. There are also a couple of tree views
with those same categories. There are no objects inside either the list
categories or the trees. I still see no files or info whatsoever.

On 3/6/2018 15:24, mk360 wrote:
[...]

The torrents are in one of the treeviews, but can't be accessed using the arrow keys. I got it using oject navigation, but I have about 150 torrents active right now. If I load them all into qbittorrent it will take forever to find anything.

Best,

Erik

On 3/6/2018 15:24, mk360 wrote:
[...]

Going all the way to the left with nvda-numpad 4, and moving to the
right with nvda-numpad 6, I get:  split button, status checkbox checked,
a list, categories checkbox checked, a tree view, tags checkbox checked,
another tree view, trackers checkbox checked, a list, a scroll bar, and
a grip. If I move inside any of the lists or tree views, I get roughly
the same options, e.g. all, downloading, Etc. No option has objects
inside of it. So for example, if I get to the first list and hit
nvda-numpad 2, I get into the list and see, moving from left to right
with nvda-numpad 6: all (3), downloading (0), seeding (3), completed
(3), resumed (3), paused (0), active (0), inactive (3), errored (0). The
first tree view gives me: all (3), uncategorized (3). You get the idea,
I'm not listing every single option especially since they're mostly
duplicated.

I've tried using nvda-numpad enter to select an option in the lists and
the trees, I still see no files. I guess the one thing I haven't tried
is routing the cursor with nvda-numpad slash and then using numpad-slash
to click. But yeah, the point is, somebody's gonna have to offer me a
better description or something, because I'm seeing no files whatsoever
here. Obviously they're there, they downloaded, and I believe people
when they say they can get at them. But so far as I know, yeah, I'm
using object navigation and using it correctly, and I ain't seeing any
files.