Topics

NVDA 2018.1 released

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

The first release of #NVDASR for 2018 is finally here. Links to download and what's new in this release found at:

While downloading, please consider helping us to continue our work by making a single donation or becoming a monthly donor at http://nvaccess.org/donate

NVDA is empowering the blind across the world. Check out how in our recent video: https://youtu.be/Ks7AwV_uxO0

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

hi quentin.
thanks so much for your great work.
but what is nvdasr?
i did not understand.
whats the different between nvda and nvdasr?
thanks extremely again, God bless you!

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-1-now-available-for-download/

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess
--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Hi,
NvDASR: NVDA screen reader, the hashtag for this screen reader on Twitter. We don't use #NVDA hashtag on social media because there is a company called Nvidia.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

hi joseph.
thanks so much for your reply and clarification.
i asked someone to download nvda and she told that nvda is graphic
card, not screen reader!
i realized now, thanks again so much and God bless you!

[...]

Yes, searching on google brings up both nvda and nvidia, I guess its so close that the search engine has issues detecting this.

Not that I care to since I have the desktop version and will continue to use it for all time but I can assume that windows store distribution is out and if so what is the scope to do with addons and the like.

On 8/03/2018 6:57 p.m., zahra wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Don't worry my typing impairment is obviously catching!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Well since a fair number do not use twitter that never entered my head at all as to why you would use that way to identify it.
Bit niche. Brian

[...]

The original announcement from Mick.

Hi all,

Today NV Access released NVDA 2018.1.

Download and What's new at:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-1-now-available-for-download/

Thanks to all who have contributed to this release.

Mick

Michael Curran
Executive Director, NV Access Limited
PH: +61 7 3149 3306 ext. 101
www: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Twitter: @NVAccess

[...]

mattias

Shaun

The app version are not out

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

>>> http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

>>> www.nvaccess.org

>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess

>>> Twitter: @NVAccess

>> --

>> By God,

>> were I given all the seven heavens

>> with all they contain

>> in order that

>> I may disobey God

>> by depriving an ant

>> from the husk of a grain of barley,

>> I would not do it.

>> imam ali

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Quentin and all,

Thanks for the good news on NVDA 2018.1.

While reading "what's new" in this version, I saw the following statement:

"Early support for Google Sheets with Braille mode enabled. (#7935)"

What does it mean?

I could not get Braille to work in Google Sheets with this new version.

Thank you for your response.

Best

Sylvie

Le 08/03/2018 à 06:23, Quentin Christensen a écrit :
[...]

Roger Stewart

The automatic download check didn't appear to work as I didn't get a notice a new version was available.  First I knew about it was when I checked my email.  When I went to nvda menu, help, and check for updates, then it came up immediately and all is good.  Just wondering why it didn't come up when I first started up this morning.

Roger

On 3/8/2018 10:22 AM, Sylvie Duchateau wrote:

[...]

No did not work here either, but then there have been issues on and off on snapshots like this as well, so I just put it down to new code that needed the new code to actually detect the update, kind of catch 22 issue. The question is though if its unable to test at start up how come it can do it from the help menu?

Maybe its down to the period in the software between checks and you had recently checked before it was put up and it might have worked say, tomorrow?
[...]

Florian Ionașcu

Hello everyone, I am waiting NVDA for Windows Store to be released. I'd like to find out its release date.

Hi,

The Store version isn’t up yet.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello everyone, I am waiting NVDA for Windows Store to be released. I'd like to find out its release date.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sylvie,

I must admit I need to test this more myself, but reading: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6057417?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en it indicates you need to enable screen reader support, and then enable braille support as well in Google sheets itself.  It also gives a little info on using the routing keys on the display to navigate.

Let me know whether that does or doesn't help!

Quentin.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:22 AM, Sylvie Duchateau <sduchateau@...> wrote:

[...]

Is this the store version of the new version or the store version of any version, if you get my drift, as from some of the comments in github recently it seemed to be being stated a version was up already.
Not that I myself care, not running 10 on my own machine. A wise move from what I've heard from friends of mine.
Incidentally 10s seems to be being abandoned in favour of the full windows with an S mode available as an option.