From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of The Wolf
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 10:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] can't get the download button to work on this website

Hello can some one try this and tell me if they can get the button to
work so I can download the zip file? I tried with firefox and chrome and
I can't get it to download the album.

https://www.jamendo.com/album/73421/and-it-begins-ep

if any one could please help me out

thanks

Hank

Brian's Mail list account

It has a log in prompt, maybe although its free it only works if you give them some info about you?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hello can some one try this and tell me if they can get the button to work so I can download the zip file? I tried with firefox and chrome and I can't get it to download the album.

https://www.jamendo.com/album/73421/and-it-begins-ep

if any one could please help me out

thanks

Hank

Ron Canazzi

Hello:

I tried it in all 3 browsers I have: I.E. Firefox and Edge and none of the download buttons work.  I can change to edit mode and get them to read the correct labels, but when trying to activate them, nothing works.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

You would expect a message stipulating that you need an account if that were the case or you would expect to be taken to a login or create an account page.  I* looked at the site.  I see no button nor anything else labeled login.  Do you have to follow another link before you see these things?  There are lots of unlabeled buttons.  At this point, it isn't possible, in any reasonable way, to try what you are asking.  I could try activating something like five unlabeled buttons and following one or two links.  Please give more information.  What browser and screen-reader are you using.  If you follow the link you gave, do you see a download link or button on that page?

> Hello can some one try this and tell me if they can get the button to work
> so I can download the zip file? I tried with firefox and chrome and I
> can't get it to download the album.
>
> https://www.jamendo.com/album/73421/and-it-begins-ep
>
> if any one could please help me out
>
> thanks
>
> Hank

Gene

For some reason, when I returned to the browser, I was able to get some of the buttons to read.  I now see a play and a download button.  So you don't have to answer the questions I asked,  This is while in browse mode.  I'm not sure what caused me to see the buttons with descriptions.

I just tried every way I know to get the button to work and it doesn't.  That's using firefox and NVDA.

I don't know what would happen if someone tried with a physical mouse and the NVDA read what's under the mouse feature.  Also, I mean that I tried every way using the keyboard and NVDA's virtual mouse.  I haven't experimented with a mouse pad or physical mouse.

Hello can some one try this and tell me if they can get the button to
work so I can download the zip file? I tried with firefox and chrome and
I can't get it to download the album.

https://www.jamendo.com/album/73421/and-it-begins-ep

if any one could please help me out

thanks

Hank

Rich De Steno <ironrock@...>

I went there.  I think the download button is simply disabled.  I was able to play and pause with those buttons, but, as you say, the "download" button is dead.

Rich De Steno

On 3/8/2018 7:57 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hello:

I tried it in all 3 browsers I have: I.E. Firefox and Edge and none of the download buttons work.  I can change to edit mode and get them to read the correct labels, but when trying to activate them, nothing works.

On 3/8/2018 1:14 AM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello can some one try this and tell me if they can get the button to work so I can download the zip file? I tried with firefox and chrome and I can't get it to download the album.

https://www.jamendo.com/album/73421/and-it-begins-ep

if any one could please help me out

thanks

Hank

Rosemarie Chavarria

I went into the NVDA menu and then to help. Then I arrowed down to "check for update" and downloaded it that way.

[...]

The site looked a bit like it was built by several people all of whom did not talk to each other. i am sure there is a log in link on that page in firefox anyway.
You are right about there being strange controls not labelled as well, hence my comment.
I often wonder if anyon actually test such things any more!

[...]

Did you put this on the wrong subject by any chance? Or is my brain simply knackered.
[...]

Brice Mijares

I remember this happening in the past, I think the download link said bullet before the link to download. I hit NVDA f-7 for the list of links and found the download link, and hit enter and it worked. Easier to go innto NVDA and check for updates.

Casey <cwollner@...>

hi I would like to down load this as well.

So how do you once you find the down load button get it to start down loading?

On 3/8/2018 12:57 PM, Brice Mijares wrote:
I remember this happening in the past, I think the download link said bullet before the link to download. I hit NVDA f-7 for the list of links and found the download link, and hit enter and it worked. Easier to go innto NVDA and check for updates.

--

Casey

We have lots of confusion going on here. The original post had nothing to do with NVDA, and how to download it.

On 3/8/2018 2:29 PM, Casey wrote:

    hi I would like to down load this as well.

So how do you once you find the down load button get it to start down loading?

On 3/8/2018 12:57 PM, Brice Mijares wrote:
I remember this happening in the past, I think the download link said bullet before the link to download. I hit NVDA f-7 for the list of links and found the download link, and hit enter and it worked. Easier to go innto NVDA and check for updates.

Brian's Mail list account

Yes as I pointed out earlier, somebody hijacked the thread from another subject altogether. probably in error.

On 3/8/2018 2:29 PM, Casey wrote:
hi I would like to down load this as well.

So how do you once you find the down load button get it to start down

On 3/8/2018 12:57 PM, Brice Mijares wrote:
I remember this happening in the past, I think the download link said
bullet before the link to download. I hit NVDA f-7 for the list of
links and found the download link, and hit enter and it worked.
Easier to go innto NVDA and check for updates.

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'm sorry. That was my mistake. I should have paid more attention to the original subject.