Topics

Email clients for windows 7 32 bits, anny recommendation?

Fernando Apan

Hi folks,

I have two machines: in one of them I use windows 7 64 bit and thunderbird as my default email client. However, on my windows 7 32 bit laptop, thunderbird doesn't work anny more, since I can not send or receive emails. Is there anny thing I can install in order to be able to read my email on that machine?

Rob Hudson

Try Pop Peeper.
You don't get threading or many message rules like that, but it's a very clean, simple and streamlined interface.
You can find it here:
https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-peeper/

----- Original Message -----
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:04:59 -0600
Subject: [nvda] Email clients for windows 7 32 bits, anny recommendation?

Hi folks,

I have two machines: in one of them I use windows 7 64 bit and
thunderbird as my default email client. However, on my windows 7 32 bit
laptop, thunderbird doesn't work anny more, since I can not send or
receive emails. Is there anny thing I can install in order to be able to
read my email on that machine?

Gene

You can try an earlier version of Thunderbird.  I don't know why the program isn't working, but if you can't get it to work, you can install a version that is earlier, I don't know how far back you should try.

Or another option is to use Windows Live Mail.  It isn't available from Microsoft anymore, but some list members can provide an installer.  You will have to decide if you want the ribbon version or the older menu version.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 3:04 PM

Hi folks,

I have two machines: in one of them I use windows 7 64 bit and
thunderbird as my default email client. However, on my windows 7 32 bit
laptop, thunderbird doesn't work anny more, since I can not send or
receive emails. Is there anny thing I can install in order to be able to
read my email on that machine?

I had this with google, you need to.

1.  set a new imap on google mail making sure google mail imap is on in its settings, then you need to, connect and check as usual, google will prompt you to secure it with signing in and allowing thunderbird, then you can go back to pop and it does what it does, I had to do that a bit ago.

Now not sure but once thats allowed tecnically you probably don't have to do it again unless its machine spaciffic.

On 9/03/2018 10:04 a.m., Fernando Apan wrote:
Hi folks,

I have two machines: in one of them I use windows 7 64 bit and thunderbird as my default email client. However, on my windows 7 32 bit laptop, thunderbird doesn't work anny more, since I can not send or receive emails. Is there anny thing I can install in order to be able to read my email on that machine?

Florian Ionașcu

Hello everyone!
I would use Windows Live Mail when I was using Windows 7, so I can help you. Click here to download this installation package.

Cheers,
Florian

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This sounds like it has nothing to do with the client. I know lots of people using Tbird on 32 bit versions of 7 with no problems at all. I think we need to dig a little deeper into this before throwing away the existing bathwater, as it were.
How many accounts do you have. are they all affected. Do you have the same set ups on both machines and have you told the servers to keep copies on the server so you can download to both. if both sending and receiving are affected. has it ever worked? If yes could the firewall be stopping it? Anti virus maybe?
What errors do you see?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 9:04 PM

Hi folks,

is that the ribbon or non ribbon version?
Personally, I do not like Live mail. I had no end of crashes with it.
I am back on the old Outlook Express again on 7, but I do feel the original person who asked this question probably would prefer what they are used to, ie tbird, and its just a problem of figuring out why its not working.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email clients for windows 7 32 bits, anny recommendation?

Hello everyone!
I would use Windows Live Mail when I was using Windows 7, so I can help you. Click here to download this installation package. ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/jk6k6tiqza7w62y/wlsetup-web.exe?dl=1 )

Cheers,
Florian

Gene

Is this the ribbon or menu version?  If someone wants the older menu version, it is important that they not install the ribbon version.  You can't just uninstall it and then install the menu version later.  I believe you have to remove one or more entries from the registry first.  So unless you know what version you are downloading and which one you want, don't install a version without knowing.

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 1:37 AM

Hello everyone!
I would use Windows Live Mail when I was using Windows 7, so I can help you. Click here to download this installation package.

Cheers,
Florian

Kerryn Gunness

outlook express for windows 7 and 8, sometimes it does not work with windows 10
or thunder bird with all windows

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 8:35 AM

Is this the ribbon or menu version?  If someone wants the older menu version, it is important that they not install the ribbon version.  You can't just uninstall it and then install the menu version later.  I believe you have to remove one or more entries from the registry first.  So unless you know what version you are downloading and which one you want, don't install a version without knowing.

Gene

Hello everyone!

Cheers,
Florian

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Gene

Please look to see what message is quoted under my answer.  Usually, people leave the message they are responding to under theirs.  I wasn't asking what version you are using.  I was asking what version of Windows Live Mail the Dropbox link downloads that the person is offering.

Also, what I wrote was discussing two versions of Windows Live Mail. 

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 7:39 AM

Gene

Hello everyone!

Cheers,
Florian

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Oh it works with 10, it just gets trashed when windows decides to do a complete reinstall usually every 3 months if my friends are anything to go by.
I think the latest incarnation of oe with the patch allows you to back up all data and restore it after the reinstall later on.
You can also try oe classic as has been said here recently, but really, to me the mystery is why it won't work with tbird when many people have no issues with it on 32 bit installations. Obviously you need to right version of the software and a machine running sp1 of windows 7.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

From: "Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io" <k_gunness=yahoo.ca@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 1:39 PM

Is this the ribbon or menu version? If someone wants the older menu version, it is important that they not install the ribbon version. You can't just uninstall it and then install the menu version later. I believe you have to remove one or more entries from the registry first. So unless you know what version you are downloading and which one you want, don't install a version without knowing.

Gene

Hello everyone!
I would use Windows Live Mail when I was using Windows 7, so I can help you. Click here to download this installation package.

Cheers,
Florian

Florian Ionașcu

Hello Gene! Sincerely, I don't remember what version is. I haven't used this client for a long time.

is this ribon minue or older version?

On 3/9/2018 12:37 AM, Florian Ionașcu wrote:
Hello everyone!

Cheers,
Florian

can I et the minue version?

On 3/9/2018 5:35 AM, Gene wrote:

Gene

Hello everyone!

Cheers,
Florian

Gene

You can find the version with alt h, then type a.  If the version automatically updates, it is, presumably the latest one.  If you don't have it set to automatically update, then it could be an old version. 

But I don't know why the program doesn't connect.  What happens when you try to send and receive messages?  Do you get error messages?  What do they say?  If the program works on one machine, it should work on the other machine.  there may be something wrong with your installation or there may be some other problem.  You could try other programs but it might first be best to try to see if we can solve the problems you are having with this program.  I'm not sure how to go about that.  Those with the program may have suggestions.

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 12:27 PM

Hello Gene! Sincerely, I don't remember what version is. I haven't used this client for a long time.

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 1:40 PM

can I et the minue version?

On 3/9/2018 5:35 AM, Gene wrote:

Gene

Hello everyone!

Cheers,
Florian

Fernando Apan

Hi all.

First, thanks for all your responces.

What actually happens with my gmail account and thunderbird in my 32 bit machine, is that I can not even sign in to my account. When I compleet the whole proces of configuring my account, it redirect me to the gmail page where I should sign in and authorise thunderbird as my Email client, but when I heat enter in the website where it says continue button, nothing happens. The website says something like: give your gmail credentials and sign in to your gmail account to authorise thunderbird.

On the other hand, when I read my gmail imbox from my iPhone I get a message that says something like: revew this sign in that was locked for your own safety. So, what I asume is that gMaile is not letting thunderbird to acces my account, don't know why, because as I sayd, in my windows 7 64 machine is still possible.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

El 09/03/2018 a las 03:13 p.m., Gene escribió:

You can find the version with alt h, then type a.  If the version automatically updates, it is, presumably the latest one.  If you don't have it set to automatically update, then it could be an old version. 

But I don't know why the program doesn't connect.  What happens when you try to send and receive messages?  Do you get error messages?  What do they say?  If the program works on one machine, it should work on the other machine.  there may be something wrong with your installation or there may be some other problem.  You could try other programs but it might first be best to try to see if we can solve the problems you are having with this program.  I'm not sure how to go about that.  Those with the program may have suggestions.

Gene

Gene

You already said that GMail works with Thunderbird on one computer.  You don't have to do anything in your account.  Just put the identical parameters and information in the thunderbird on your other computer. 

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 4:44 PM

Hi all.

What actually happens with my gmail account and thunderbird in my 32 bit machine, is that I can not even sign in to my account. When I compleet the whole proces of configuring my account, it redirect me to the gmail page where I should sign in and authorise thunderbird as my Email client, but when I heat enter in the website where it says continue button, nothing happens. The website says something like: give your gmail credentials and sign in to your gmail account to authorise thunderbird.

On the other hand, when I read my gmail imbox from my iPhone I get a message that says something like: revew this sign in that was locked for your own safety. So, what I asume is that gMaile is not letting thunderbird to acces my account, don't know why, because as I sayd, in my windows 7 64 machine is still possible.

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

Gene

Well if it means anything to anyone, and without installing it we get the below details. However bit worried about the web suffix as this implies it may well be a stub loader and the data is no longer on line. If I had a look around I might find an old version on an xp machine though.
Name: wlunpacker.exe
Size: 65 896
Modified: 2010-05-11 11:21:28
Attributes: A
Method: LZX:21
Block: 0
----------------------------
Size: 65 896
Packed Size: 0
Folders: 0
Files: 1
Path: .rsrc\0\WLUNPACKER\CAB
Type: Cab
Warnings: There are some data after the end of the payload data
Physical Size: 33 907
Tail Size: 5 976
Method: LZX:21
Blocks: 1
Volumes: 1
Volume Index: 0
ID: 0
----
Path: .rsrc\0\WLUNPACKER\CAB
Size: 39 883
Packed Size: 39 883
Path: C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\wlsetup-web.exe
Type: PE
Physical Size: 1 290 088
CPU: x86
Characteristics: Executable 32-bit
Created: 2012-03-09 02:14:00
Headers Size: 1 024
Checksum: 1353773
Name: wlsres.dll.mui
Image Size: 1314816
Section Alignment: 4096
File Alignment: 512
Code Size: 945152
Initialized Data Size: 337920
Uninitialized Data Size: 0
Linker Version: 9.0
OS Version: 6.0
Image Version: 6.0
Subsystem Version: 6.0
Subsystem: Windows GUI
DLL Characteristics: Relocated NX-Compatible TerminalServerAware
Stack Reserve: 262144
Stack Commit: 8192
Heap Reserve: 1048576
Heap Commit: 4096
Image Base: 4194304
Comment: FileVersion: 15.4.3555.308
FileVersion: 15.4.3555.0308
ProductVersion: 15.4.3555.308
ProductVersion: 15.4.3555.0308
CompanyName: Microsoft Corporation
FileDescription: Windows Live Installer
InternalName: wlsres
LegalCopyright: © Microsoft Corporation. Toate drepturile rezervate.
OriginalFilename: wlsres.dll.mui
ProductName: Windows Live

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 6:27 PM

So what we really need to know then is why gmail won't allow two machines running tbird to access the account?

Is it possible in tbird to save account details and reload them exactly the same on the other machine. If that works and both machines are on your home network and not behind some oddball firewall or something, that should work. I have for example got two machines using Outlook Express on the same gmail account accessing via pop3 with no problems at all.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 10:44 PM

Hi all.

What actually happens with my gmail account and thunderbird in my 32 bit
machine, is that I can not even sign in to my account. When I compleet
the whole proces of configuring my account, it redirect me to the gmail
page where I should sign in and authorise thunderbird as my Email
client, but when I heat enter in the website where it says continue
button, nothing happens. The website says something like: give your
gmail credentials and sign in to your gmail account to authorise
thunderbird.

On the other hand, when I read my gmail imbox from my iPhone I get a
message that says something like: revew this sign in that was locked for
your own safety. So, what I asume is that gMaile is not letting
thunderbird to acces my account, don't know why, because as I sayd, in
my windows 7 64 machine is still possible.

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

You can find the version with alt h, then type a. If the version
automatically updates, it is, presumably the latest one. If you don't
have it set to automatically update, then it could be an old version.
But I don't know why the program doesn't connect. What happens when
you try to send and receive messages? Do you get error messages?
What do they say? If the program works on one machine, it should work
on the other machine. there may be something wrong with your
installation or there may be some other problem. You could try other
programs but it might first be best to try to see if we can solve the
problems you are having with this program. I'm not sure how to go
about that. Those with the program may have suggestions.
Gene
*From:* Florian Ionașcu <mailto:florianionascu@hotmail.com>
*Sent:* Friday, March 09, 2018 12:27 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Email clients for windows 7 32 bits, anny
recommendation?

Hello Gene! Sincerely, I don't remember what version is. I haven't
used this client for a long time.