From: "Fernando Apan" <ferapan@utexas.edu>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:04:59 -0600
Subject: [nvda] Email clients for windows 7 32 bits, anny recommendation?

Hi folks,

I have two machines: in one of them I use windows 7 64 bit and
thunderbird as my default email client. However, on my windows 7 32 bit
laptop, thunderbird doesn't work anny more, since I can not send or
receive emails. Is there anny thing I can install in order to be able to
read my email on that machine?

Gene

You can try an earlier version of Thunderbird.  I don't know why the program isn't working, but if you can't get it to work, you can install a version that is earlier, I don't know how far back you should try.

Or another option is to use Windows Live Mail.  It isn't available from Microsoft anymore, but some list members can provide an installer.  You will have to decide if you want the ribbon version or the older menu version.

Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 3:04 PM

Hi folks,

I have two machines: in one of them I use windows 7 64 bit and
thunderbird as my default email client. However, on my windows 7 32 bit
laptop, thunderbird doesn't work anny more, since I can not send or
receive emails. Is there anny thing I can install in order to be able to
read my email on that machine?

I had this with google, you need to.

1.  set a new imap on google mail making sure google mail imap is on in its settings, then you need to, connect and check as usual, google will prompt you to secure it with signing in and allowing thunderbird, then you can go back to pop and it does what it does, I had to do that a bit ago.

Now not sure but once thats allowed tecnically you probably don't have to do it again unless its machine spaciffic.

On 9/03/2018 10:04 a.m., Fernando Apan wrote:
Hi folks,

I have two machines: in one of them I use windows 7 64 bit and thunderbird as my default email client. However, on my windows 7 32 bit laptop, thunderbird doesn't work anny more, since I can not send or receive emails. Is there anny thing I can install in order to be able to read my email on that machine?

.

Florian Ionașcu

Hello everyone!
I would use Windows Live Mail when I was using Windows 7, so I can help you. Click here to download this installation package.

Cheers,
Florian

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This sounds like it has nothing to do with the client. I know lots of people using Tbird on 32 bit versions of 7 with no problems at all. I think we need to dig a little deeper into this before throwing away the existing bathwater, as it were.
How many accounts do you have. are they all affected. Do you have the same set ups on both machines and have you told the servers to keep copies on the server so you can download to both. if both sending and receiving are affected. has it ever worked? If yes could the firewall be stopping it? Anti virus maybe?
What errors do you see?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.