code factory addons

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

Hi, to the moderators of the list, why do you allow and advertise the codefactory addon if it is so buggy.  Many have complained, and no answers have been given.  Just about everyone who has bought the addon has complained of sound crackling, and I have a super complaint.  When I install the addon it kills my other vocalizer addon, and removes it from the synthesizer list.  Are you guys just not giving a care because you get 10% of the sale, or what.  People spend good money for a voice and they expect it to work.  I appreciate nvda and the work put in to it, it works great, but these people are slow to respond to tickets, and if you call them during over-seas business hours, the tech support team says they will open a trouble ticket and plays dumb like the issue hasn't hardly been reported

Because its legal.
To be honest I am unsure what to do if I got eloquence but the cracked one runs better than the legal, saying that, the synth is really old and in fact someone on my twitter that uses it says its spelling more and more words with wrong pronouncements.
I have it on my phone but on here I don't know.
I have tried different configurations and to be honest I'll take crapity espeak over anything because of its speed and loading capibilities alone.
I can run it on a single core and no lag, even with 128mb of ram or less.
When I had older readers I struggled to make orpheus, eloquence or whatever synth I had even a low quality as low as espeak on any single core without a stutter or a crash.
And to be honest espeak reminds me of the old keynote gold which was what I came from, actually I went to a gemini, then orpheus then here.
I never discovered actual synths that were of high quality till last year or so.

On 6/05/2016 10:00 p.m., Isaac wrote:
Hi, to the moderators of the list, why do you allow and advertise the codefactory addon if it is so buggy. Many have complained, and no answers have been given. Just about everyone who has bought the addon has complained of sound crackling, and I have a super complaint. When I install the addon it kills my other vocalizer addon, and removes it from the synthesizer list. Are you guys just not giving a care because you get 10% of the sale, or what. People spend good money for a voice and they expect it to work. I appreciate nvda and the work put in to it, it works great, but these people are slow to respond to tickets, and if you call them during over-seas business hours, the tech support team says they will open a trouble ticket and plays dumb like the issue hasn't hardly been reported

Gene

I haven't asked the owner and these are my thoughts.  They are not an official response.  allowing posts is not advertising.  The product is legal.  List members have talked about the problems with the add on when the topic has come up.  People can try the demo and decide if they want to put up with the sound of Eloquence in the add on.  I strongly dislike censorship and I see no reason to censor or ban posts on a legal program or add on.  An informed user base gets informed in part by discussing various programs and utilities.  If discussion were not allowed, users might learn about the add on in other ways and not have the benefit of those who have tried it discussing it. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 5:00 AM
Subject: [nvda] code factory addons

Hi, to the moderators of the list, why do you allow and advertise the codefactory addon if it is so buggy.  Many have complained, and no answers have been given.  Just about everyone who has bought the addon has complained of sound crackling, and I have a super complaint.  When I install the addon it kills my other vocalizer addon, and removes it from the synthesizer list.  Are you guys just not giving a care because you get 10% of the sale, or what.  People spend good money for a voice and they expect it to work.  I appreciate nvda and the work put in to it, it works great, but these people are slow to respond to tickets, and if you call them during over-seas business hours, the tech support team says they will open a trouble ticket and plays dumb like the issue hasn't hardly been reported

Code factory actually remind me of valve in some ways.
Its obvious they really have no care to try to fix eloquence being its old and that.
Valve are doing the same with steam.
For the rest I am uncertain.
If I used eloquence at all which I won't be it would not be the legal one for the simple reason its got a lot of issues I wouldn't use.
Dectalk synth is low cost and should be ok even though its not eloquence and even if some of the voices are quiet at least its legal if you ask and pay a little.

On 6/05/2016 10:25 p.m., Gene wrote:
I haven't asked the owner and these are my thoughts. They are not an official response. allowing posts is not advertising. The product is legal. List members have talked about the problems with the add on when the topic has come up. People can try the demo and decide if they want to put up with the sound of Eloquence in the add on. I strongly dislike censorship and I see no reason to censor or ban posts on a legal program or add on. An informed user base gets informed in part by discussing various programs and utilities. If discussion were not allowed, users might learn about the add on in other ways and not have the benefit of those who have tried it discussing it.

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 5:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] code factory addons

Hi, to the moderators of the list, why do you allow and advertise the codefactory addon if it is so buggy. Many have complained, and no answers have been given. Just about everyone who has bought the addon has complained of sound crackling, and I have a super complaint. When I install the addon it kills my other vocalizer addon, and removes it from the synthesizer list. Are you guys just not giving a care because you get 10% of the sale, or what. People spend good money for a voice and they expect it to work. I appreciate nvda and the work put in to it, it works great, but these people are slow to respond to tickets, and if you call them during over-seas business hours, the tech support team says they will open a trouble ticket and plays dumb like the issue hasn't hardly been reported

Rui Fontes

Hello Isaac!

Regarding the problem with Vocalizer for NVDA from Tiflotecnia, please
contact us, since it is possible to have both products in the same NVDA
installation.

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Isaac
Data: sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 11:00
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] code factory addons

Hi, to the moderators of the list, why do you allow and advertise the
codefactory addon if it is so buggy. Many have complained, and no answers
have been given. Just about everyone who has bought the addon has
complained of sound crackling, and I have a super complaint. When I install
the addon it kills my other vocalizer addon, and removes it from the
synthesizer list. Are you guys just not giving a care because you get 10%
of the sale, or what. People spend good money for a voice and they expect
it to work. I appreciate nvda and the work put in to it, it works great,
but these people are slow to respond to tickets, and if you call them during
over-seas business hours, the tech support team says they will open a
trouble ticket and plays dumb like the issue hasn't hardly been reported

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Correct me if I am wrong, but the vocalizer expressive part of the addon works fine, does it not?
Chris

Rui Fontes

Hello!

As I don't know to wich message you're replying...

There are two different Vocalizer Expressive addons. One from Tiflotecnia,
the oldest, and one from Code Factory.

It seems that after the instalation of bothe Code Factory addons, Vocalizer
and Eloquence, our Vocalizer Expressive don't work. It is strange, since I
have both in my machine...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

De: Chris Shook
Data: sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 16:56
Assunto: Re: [nvda] code factory addons

Correct me if I am wrong, but the vocalizer expressive part of the
addon works fine, does it not?
Chris

Greg Wocher

Hello,

I too have both on my machine and they work just fine. The only thing I have an issue with is the Code Factory Eloquence and the crackling noises.

Regards,

Greg Wocher

On 5/6/2016 12:03 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

There are two different Vocalizer Expressive addons. One from Tiflotecnia,
the oldest, and one from Code Factory.

It seems that after the instalation of bothe Code Factory addons, Vocalizer
and Eloquence, our Vocalizer Expressive don't work. It is strange, since I
have both in my machine...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Chris

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

I don't own the codefactory addon. However, I did atempt the trial version and it worked fine. I used it until it expired and didn't have a problem.

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

I have both the one from Tiflotecnia, and the one from codefactory,

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2016 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] code factory addons

Hello!

There are two different Vocalizer Expressive addons. One from Tiflotecnia, the oldest, and one from Code Factory.

It seems that after the instalation of bothe Code Factory addons, Vocalizer and Eloquence, our Vocalizer Expressive don't work. It is strange, since I have both in my machine...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Chris

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

no, the codefactory one works fine, not the codefactory one

Sent: Friday, May 6, 2016 10:56 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but the vocalizer expressive part of the addon works fine, does it not?
Chris

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

alright, what do you want to know, I am using the vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.0.20.nvda-addon and am using the codefactory-1.0.nvda-addon

Sent: Friday, May 6, 2016 6:32 AM

Hello Isaac!

Regarding the problem with Vocalizer for NVDA from Tiflotecnia, please contact us, since it is possible to have both products in the same NVDA installation.

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

De: Isaac
Data: sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 11:00
Assunto: [nvda] code factory addons